PDA

View Full Version : 8800GTX for gaming, 7900 for 2D?

HKPolice
05-20-07, 02:11 AM
So the G80 series of cards does not support Image sharpening for us CRT users..

Would it be possible to have the 8800GTX kick in ONLY when a full screen 3D app is launched, but have desktop output via a 7900 which does have image sharpening? My monitor has dual VGA inputs so I wouldn't mind switching inputs manually everytime I enter a game...

As far as I understand, only the Primary card can handle 3D meaning that the image sharpening option would be grayed out in the control panel.... Is there any way to make the 7900 Primary, but have the 8800GTX handle the 3D operations?

Redeemed
05-20-07, 02:22 AM
So the G80 series of cards does not support Image sharpening for us CRT users..

Would it be possible to have the 8800GTX kick in ONLY when a full screen 3D app is launched, but have desktop output via a 7900 which does have image sharpening? My monitor has dual VGA inputs so I wouldn't mind switching inputs manually everytime I enter a game...

As far as I understand, only the Primary card can handle 3D meaning that the image sharpening option would be grayed out in the control panel.... Is there any way to make the 7900 Primary, but have the 8800GTX handle the 3D operations?

To the best of my knowledge... no.

Victorshen
05-22-07, 06:40 AM
why you wanna use the card with worse 2D for 2D application?

the seperate ramdac design means the dominance of 2D quality

Blasphemer
05-22-07, 04:17 PM
why you wanna use the card with worse 2D for 2D application?

the seperate ramdac design means the dominance of 2D quality
Did you read the problem? Obviously not.
The option for image sharpening is what the OP wants.
As for the problem itself I dont know if it is possible to do what you want it to. Perhaps.