PDA

View Full Version : OC and test with 3DMark!

SwedX
05-20-07, 12:12 PM
Just wondering whats the best method for check/stress test a card under 3Dmark.

Most ppl just go by the default and loop it but I think surely it must be much better to just up the res and put on as much AA/AF as possible and just loop the GPU test and not the CPU test doesent it ?

For example just run the firefly/Return to proxcon and Deep frees and loop them and check for artifacts, what do you do to test your card ?

RussianHAXOR
05-20-07, 12:32 PM
1. Set clocks using Rivatuner
2. Run Ati Tool for about 30 minutes per clock change
3. After the Ati Tool testing is complete i test 3dmark06 and see my score.:D

SwedX
05-20-07, 01:18 PM
1. Set clocks using Rivatuner
2. Run Ati Tool for about 30 minutes per clock change
3. After the Ati Tool testing is complete i test 3dmark06 and see my score.:D

That sound great and is what im doing btw but just witout ATI Tool :D
Annyway does ATI Tool really works under Vista ?

So you dont set up and stress 3DMark in any particular way as I described earlier ?

Riptide
05-20-07, 01:36 PM
Driver signing under x64 Vista interferes with it. But it works otherwise. Also, after I installed rivatuner it automatically disabled driver signing at which point ATI Tool worked again.

SwedX
05-20-07, 02:20 PM
I see but I have Vista X86 for now as it seems to be least troublesam.
Will test ATI Tool then :)

RussianHAXOR
05-20-07, 02:30 PM
I dont really loop it, no. I just prefer to not damage it because if it does artifact it could damage the card. So i like to be able to monitor the artifacting and know its there before i start running an extremely intensive program.

SwedX
05-21-07, 07:04 PM
yep thats the best move I think, I would never leave it on and go away, as you say it can be trouble.

john19055
05-22-07, 02:09 AM
I never leave mine neither ,But I do the same thing with ATITOOl and get my highest clocks with no artifacts and if it will make it though 3DMark 06 a couple of times then you are useally in good shape.

SwedX
05-22-07, 05:43 AM
I never leave mine neither ,But I do the same thing with ATITOOl and get my highest clocks with no artifacts and if it will make it though 3DMark 06 a couple of times then you are useally in good shape.

Okey thanks I will check out ATI Tool then :)
BTW how do you set up 3DMark. default or up the res with some AA/AF ?