PDA

View Full Version : Disable/Remove cutscenes in Far Cry?

Arioch
05-21-07, 03:13 AM
I tried to google this information but did not fin anything useful - does anyone know how I can disable or remove the cutscenes that show up at the start of levels and elsewhere? The reason I am trying to do this is because whenever I try to start a level that has a cutscene the game screen goes black and I have to kill the game. This is probably due to me playing the game with HDR+AA because this problem does not occur normally.

The only way I can get by this for the time being is to disable AA in the profile, then load the game and get through the cutscene, quicksave and exit, and then enable AA again before restarting the game.

crainger
05-21-07, 03:34 AM
I tried to google this information but did not fin anything useful - does anyone know how I can disable or remove the cutscenes that show up at the start of levels and elsewhere? The reason I am trying to do this is because whenever I try to start a level that has a cutscene the game screen goes black and I have to kill the game. This is probably due to me playing the game with HDR+AA because this problem does not occur normally.

The only way I can get by this for the time being is to disable AA in the profile, then load the game and get through the cutscene, quicksave and exit, and then enable AA again before restarting the game.

It uses .bik doesn't it? Perhaps try removing or renaming the .bik video files. It works for some games, otherwise it may crash complaining it can't find the file. Worth a try anyway.

Arioch
05-21-07, 04:03 AM
Well the game uses in-game third person cutscenes at the start of levels and I think the only .bik video is for the opening screen.

crainger
05-21-07, 04:16 AM
Well the game uses in-game third person cutscenes at the start of levels and I think the only .bik video is for the opening screen.

It uses .bik for one in the middle somewheres (The beach scene) another when you are kicked out of the chopper and I think the final is a bik one too. So is it ingame cutscenes not the pre rendered ones causing the problems. If it's the ingame ones I find space and/or crouch skips them.

Arioch
05-21-07, 04:49 AM
Hmm, well it appears to be not related to cutscenes but loading of levels in general. The first time I load the game if I load the beginning of a level it starts up okay. If I try to load another new level once I am in the game already it has the problem. It also does this if I get to the end of a level and start a new one. I guess I need to make sure I have a save near the end of a level if I want to make sure I start the next one with all the same gear and ammo as opposed to starting with the default weapon loadout. I will make it work somehow - game still looks great, especially with HDR+8xAA. I even installed the AMD 64-bit content on my PC.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7156/farcry2007052104135487je1.th.jpg (http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=farcry2007052104135487je1.jpg)

In your face AMD! ;)

Sazar
05-21-07, 09:55 PM
What patch do you have running?

Arioch
05-21-07, 10:58 PM
I am on the 1.4 beta. I think they removed the ability to make AA+HDR work in that one.

Sazar
05-21-07, 11:15 PM
I think it works. I've had AA running and enabled HDR but I could be wrong.

The game is pretty much unplayable with the 1.4 patch coz of the enemy AI being so retarded.

I hope they fix it :(

I have the dl version and it always dl's with the latest patch, can't remove it afaik.