PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on a sound card

Savage03
05-21-07, 03:21 AM
HI
I just read the review on the HDA X-Mystique 7.1 Gold and im not sure if this is the card for me. I am in th emiddle of rebuilding my pc and for some years I just stuck with the asus built in sound, my new motherboard is a asus a8n32 sli deluxe and I figure my speakers are not getting their full benefit from on board sound? My speakers are Klipsh ProMedia Ultra 5.1 System
http://www.klipsch.com/products/discontinued/details/promedia-ultra-5-1.aspx
Im pretty simple in what I listen to, I play my mp3's and play Battlefield 2142, bf2. I have looked at creatives line but not sure after some reading if their all that. So what some members that have better knowledge then me on sound cards recommend? Thank you for any help.

nVidi0t
05-21-07, 03:31 AM
Considering you mainly play Battlefield 2142 and Battlefield 2, Creative X-fi is the logical choice. Both of these games take full advantage of X-fi's capabilities and even afaik use X-ram to process memory intensive audio. I have my fair share of problems with my X-fi but I can tell you, Battlefield 2/2142 sound spectacular in Ultra high quality X-fi mode.

Savage03
05-21-07, 03:33 AM
Thanks for the fast reply! Now which of the x-fi line do you recommend?
Thanks agian.

nVidi0t
05-21-07, 03:43 AM
I would recommend X-fi Xtremegamer Fatality edition, because as the Klipsch set is analogue only, you can really do without the drive bay with the platinum and fatality fps versions. Your Klipsch set through this and playing BF2, will get you as close to the warzone as you can get :)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102005

Savage03
05-21-07, 03:53 AM
Sweet, I was looking at that one also, just needed feedback from someone that played bf2! Thanks.
Out of curiosity, are my speakers still pretty good? Paid enough :rolleyes:
Klipsh has a good name in home audio so thats why I bought them, even with onboard sound they perform great.

nVidi0t
05-21-07, 04:27 AM
Sweet, I was looking at that one also, just needed feedback from someone that played bf2! Thanks.
Out of curiosity, are my speakers still pretty good? Paid enough :rolleyes:
Klipsh has a good name in home audio so thats why I bought them, even with onboard sound they perform great.

The Klipsch 5.1 set sounds incredible! It will last you for a long time yet. You will probably find a number of people critique the system for it's lack of digital input, but never mention that using the analogue input the Klipsch sounds better than any Logitech, Creative or similarly priced 'digital' or 'THX certified' system. I actually live in a condo with wafer thin dry wall so I can't blast my music as loud as I want (my subwoofer usually remains off), so I mainly use headphones. If I planned on buying a 5.1 system it would be Klipsch for sure.