PDA

View Full Version : Need for Speed 2008

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WeReWoLf
05-21-07, 09:34 PM
Randomly browsing, and i came upon the trailer for NFS 2008. Comes out in 8 days!

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/

Available to download in 720p as well.

nekrosoft13
05-21-07, 09:38 PM
site won't load for me

but WTF, they changed it to a sport franchise now? with minor yearly updates?

|MaguS|
05-21-07, 09:48 PM
As long as they get rid of the Ricer **** im all for it.

MaXThReAT
05-21-07, 10:00 PM
Wait...what...this is a new NFS less than a year after carbon? I don't understand...link says carbon, is this an exp pack? I second the get rid of the Ricer ****.

SlieTheSecond
05-21-07, 10:07 PM
Those trailers suck. You basically see nothing of the game, and still have no idea what it is.

six_storm
05-21-07, 10:26 PM
I was gonna say . . . NFS Carbon is already out . . .

supra
05-21-07, 10:30 PM
interesting.

jAkUp
05-21-07, 10:35 PM
A NFS game with damage? Sign me up :D

hirantha
05-21-07, 10:59 PM
hmm interesting indeed, count me in if its not the same NFSMW graphics engine.

kevJ420
05-21-07, 11:05 PM
need for speed had its roots on the 3do due to 3do and ea being started by trip hawkins.

need for speed was more sporty than other games at the time, like Daytona USA and RR, was it not?

remember daytona usa's music?

wasn't everyone pissed that it's sequels never made it home? Since so many model 3 games never came to the DC, it makes me wonder if the naomi board is as powerful as the best model 3 board.

has anyone been successful at running the model 3 daytonas on mame?

I've never cared a whole helluva lot for racing games, since I suck at them, but I thought daytona was pretty dwangy damn good in its day.

shabby
05-21-07, 11:23 PM
Where'd you get the 2008 from? Nfs games always come out in the oct/nov timeframe.
By the looks of the trailer, we'll be racing during the daytime... finally.

3DBrad
05-21-07, 11:24 PM
I wonder if you can still do the "car ollie" like they had in carbon. :rolleyes: :afro:

CaptNKILL
05-21-07, 11:46 PM
The last real NFS game was Porsche Unleashed... when they go back to their roots I'll play them again.

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 12:04 AM
carbon was ****

Most Wanted was better, but still no close to PU

jAkUp
05-22-07, 12:05 AM
The last real NFS game was Porsche Unleashed... when they go back to their roots I'll play them again.

I will agree with that statement, but the exception is Most Wanted. I felt that Most Wanted was a fantastic game, and reminded me of High Stakes or Hot Pursuit.

NaitoSan
05-22-07, 12:06 AM
a friend of mine from ea said i'll like this one... he knows i hate carbon.

hehe we'll see and yeah real-time damage is finally here in nfs.

|MaguS|
05-22-07, 12:07 AM
I think the series needs to back to its roots...

jAkUp
05-22-07, 12:17 AM
I think the series needs to back to its roots...

I still remember the original NFS... man I played that so much... few hours everyday for a while.

It's sad that the latest games don't really recapture that feeling... even though I thought NFS Most Wanted was a great game, they just aren't the same anymore.

One thing I have always wanted to see is realistic damage. Not a single NFS game really did it very good, or at all. Judging by the trailer this has cool looking damage, so I am excited for this game if they can pull it off.

Anyone know who is developing this NFS game? Is it the MW guys or the Underground guys?

My Favorite NFS Games:
NFS1
NFS2
NFS3 Hot Pursuit
NFS4 High Stakes
NFS Porshe Unleashed
NFS Most Wanted

My.. not so favorite NFS Games:
NFS Hot Pursuit 2
NFS Underground
NFS Underground 2
NFS Carbon

CaptNKILL
05-22-07, 12:43 AM
Hot Persuit 2 was a complete joke.

It felt like a crappy arcade game. It looked really flashy but the gameplay felt like they were trying to stop you from enjoying it too much (helicopters dropping bombs??? come on...).

|MaguS|
05-22-07, 12:44 AM
Need for Speed 3 is still my favorite... I play the PS1 version every now and then since well I can't get the PC version to run in hardware mode... ****ing glide...

jAkUp
05-22-07, 12:46 AM
Hot Persuit 2 was a complete joke.

It felt like a crappy arcade game. It looked really flashy but the gameplay felt like they were trying to stop you from enjoying it too much (helicopters dropping bombs??? come on...).

HP2 was terrible.

CaptNKILL
05-22-07, 12:48 AM
Need for Speed 3 is still my favorite... I play the PS1 version every now and then since well I can't get the PC version to run in hardware mode... ****ing glide...
Have you tried a glide wrapper?

stncttr908
05-22-07, 01:20 AM
I agree. I haven't really liked the series since the PSX days.

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 01:26 AM
my favorite NFS, would have to be NFS2SE back on PC

why did they stop with the car info and videos??

jAkUp
05-22-07, 01:36 AM
my favorite NFS, would have to be NFS2SE back on PC

why did they stop with the car info and videos??

Yea that was cool.