PDA

View Full Version : So I bought a PSP

nVJoe
05-21-07, 11:03 PM
So far I love it. I bought it to play sports games at work while at lunch or on break. I did how ever buy the $30 extended warranty. I figured since this product has had a lot of quality problems it was a good move. Now if it breaks down in the next two years I can get a new one on the spot from Best Buy.

I am hooked on MLB 2k7. I started a season and my manager keeps coming in to see how my win losses are coming. LOL I think he wants one also.

nVidi0t
05-21-07, 11:14 PM
Haha good stuff. Socom 2 and Pro Evolution Soccer (Winning Eleven here in the States) are superb for multiplayer, and you can't go wrong with GTA:LCS or GTA:VCS.

Stoneyguy
05-21-07, 11:16 PM
While I don't mess with my PSP much anymore, I do believe it's a wonderful device. I was disappointed by the first Madden that came out for it, but 07 was awesome.

|MaguS|
05-21-07, 11:17 PM
Once I get a new charger I will start using mine again... lost the ****ing thing when I moved... as well as my DS...

nVJoe
05-21-07, 11:29 PM
Yeah, I waited this long for games to come out and for the bugs to be worked out. I'm still nervous about it crapping out on me but I'm covered. Oh and no dead or stuck pixels. I held my breath on the first boot up. :D

KasuCode
05-22-07, 12:49 AM
I wanted to sell mine for some time. It is getting decent games. I still have firmware 1.5 on mine lol. If I dont get rid of it before Final Fantasy comes out ill get that. God of War looks pretty cool too.

nVidi0t
05-22-07, 01:34 AM
God of War is just around the corner. I CANNOT wait for that.

NaitoSan
05-22-07, 02:03 AM
I've tried to sell it and no luck. I'm STILL going to sell it. I lost interest with it so I don't think I'll ever going to buy handheld again in the future. :(

ENU291
05-22-07, 08:44 AM
The PSP is a great hand held but I personally fine it a bit uncomfortable to use. I'm hoping that once Sony redesigns the PSP that they will think more about ergonomics and less on aesthetics'.

six_storm
05-29-07, 12:10 AM
I've been keeping an eye on the PSP but I've never really had the money to get one. Now that I'm looking at the mods and games coming out for it, I really really want one!!! I didn't know that there were 2 Lumines games and not to mention Manhunt 2 is coming out!!! Anywho, maybe I can scratch up the money to grab one sometime . . .

Clay
05-29-07, 12:35 AM
Might want to wait and see if Sony does do a refresh of the PSP design this summer...

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/08/17/rumor-psp-redesign-coming-before-march-07/

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/17/psp-hardware-refresh-coming-this-year-says-report/

kevJ420
05-29-07, 12:39 AM
i'll be getting a psp for drac x chronicles soon, along with a best buy warranty.

I hope that PoR will be the last vania game to ever appear on a nintendo format.

the DS sucks a big dick, and it also sucks just as much that a lot of 3rd parties have neglected the psp's superior hardware.

Longer games, more content, better graphics, better music, more music, higher resolution, no touch screen ****, more buttons, faster button response time, superior screen, etc., etc.

Boggles my mind why anyone other than nintendo develops for the Dog****.

more power=more fun. With less power the amount of max possible fun is not as high as it is on more powerful hw.

It's painful to me that games haven't been as good as they could be.

Nintendo consoles and handhelds (except the Super NES) have been for people who can't handle the best.

six_storm
05-29-07, 12:41 AM
Might want to wait and see if Sony does do a refresh of the PSP design this summer...

http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/08/17/rumor-psp-redesign-coming-before-march-07/

http://www.engadget.com/2007/05/17/psp-hardware-refresh-coming-this-year-says-report/

Thanks for the heads up. I'd like to see what they would do if they re-vamped it.

NaitoSan
05-29-07, 01:27 AM
i'll be getting a psp for drac x chronicles soon, along with a best buy warranty.

I hope that PoR will be the last vania game to ever appear on a nintendo format.

the DS sucks a big dick, and it also sucks just as much that a lot of 3rd parties have neglected the psp's superior hardware.

Longer games, more content, better graphics, better music, more music, higher resolution, no touch screen ****, more buttons, faster button response time, superior screen, etc., etc.

more power=more fun. With less power the amount of max possible fun is not as high as it is on more powerful hw.

Nintendo consoles and handhelds (except the Super NES) have been for people who can't handle the best.
Hehe, DS is superior to PSP in few areas. Overall, DS get better, longer games especially some are rather very addicting. Also new redesign DS is damn sexy and well thought out unlike PSP's chunky design. Even DS alone will get you a girl. :o Well maybe not you.

Developers want to make games for DS because DS is #1 seller and contiunes to sell like crazy, next to Wii. It has already been said like million of times that powerful hardware doesn't mean better games. Personally, DS's LCD is very bright, crispy and has far better resposive than PSP's LCD. Ghosting from PSP LCD can be pretty annoying.

I happen to own PSP and DS and I prefer DS more because of more games and better quality also they're actually more fun for me than PSP. :D I like playing Mario Kart DS via wifi with my friends. It's a blast. Touch screen feature is an excellent idea and dual screen are very nice as well.

Castlevania series has sold very well on Nintendo's system and we'll probably be seeing some more in the future, especially on Wii. It'd be cool to swing wii-mote as a whip in game.

Tork64
05-29-07, 01:30 AM

:rolleyes:

six_storm
05-29-07, 09:41 AM
I owned a DS Lite last summer for about a month and then sold it. I liked it, but the whole stylus/touchscreen thing got annoying. I like the PSP because it has a widescreen display and it has the ability to do all kinds of stuff (emulators, movies, music, etc). I'm also excited about Castlevania Rondo of Blood coming out in September (my birthday!!!). But that's also when Starcraft 2 and Halo 3 are coming out as well . . . decisions, decisions . . . :D

six_storm
05-30-07, 03:59 PM
I just offered my buddy $100 for his slightly used PSP and 1GB stick. Now let's just hope the PSP purchase is worth it! :D