PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: Conviction...

Pages : [1] 2

jAkUp
05-21-07, 11:25 PM
I wasn't a fan of the direction this went, but this sounds pretty cool:

Ubisoft Montreal spent months working on the animations Sam would perform to pick up a chair. The company literally spent months working to make the simple act of picking up a chair look natural. It took months, because although picking up a chair is an easy task to most people, it is quite hard in the virtual world. In a dynamic environment, a chair can fall in a myriad of different positions. Rather than just contending with an upright chair as most games would be required to, Conviction's chairs can fall in any position. This presents the animators with the challenge of making it look like a natural grasp from ever angle and position of the chair. Predetermined animations won't cut it.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/790/790591p1.html

Knot3D
05-21-07, 11:40 PM
Assassin's Creed animation blending technology + Sam Fisher in homeless bum style = SC Conviction :thumbdwn:

Seriously...it even copies AC's target intuition system and names "Hero Sense" .. lol

nekrosoft13
05-21-07, 11:48 PM
wait, this POS is comming to PC also?

RAY16
05-22-07, 12:13 AM
Apparently they have some sort of indirect lighting system in the game.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/902/902604/img_4557545.html

Regardless of how good or bad the game itself is, this will be interesting to see in real-time.

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 12:15 AM
UBI will have to pull a ****ing miracle after SCDA, for me to buy another game from them

3DBrad
05-22-07, 12:38 AM
Yep, SC: DA is HORRIBLE.

K007
05-22-07, 05:18 AM
i played SC DA demo..and it sucked..i haven't even bothered following the game anymore..looks really dumb and sux alot now.

nutcrackr
05-22-07, 05:53 AM
Sounds great but what does it add to gameplay? Immersion factor is up but how immersive can you get in a 3rd person world? Waste of dev time imho.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-22-07, 06:37 AM
i also got an answer from Ubi that 8800cards are not supported in SCDa because they are DX10 cards and DX9 works differently so it is unsure if they can add suppport in any upcoming patch

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 06:40 AM
i also got an answer from Ubi that 8800cards are not supported in SCDa because they are DX10 cards and DX9 works differently so it is unsure if they can add suppport in any upcoming patch

then tell them to **** off, DX10 card is backward compatible with DX9, that is the lamest ****ing excuse ever.

plus on ubi site where is this "can i run it" application, run it and ask to scan your pc if you can play SCDA, that app will tell you that your system with 8800 is perfect.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-22-07, 07:08 AM
then tell them to **** off, DX10 card is backward compatible with DX9, that is the lamest ****ing excuse ever.

plus on ubi site where is this "can i run it" application, run it and ask to scan your pc if you can play SCDA, that app will tell you that your system with 8800 is perfect.

@nekrosoft13

this is the answe i got from Ubi

We can not confirm if the 8800 card will be suported in the futre, it is a direct x 10 card and is totaly differant from the way the direct x 9 cards work.

so i donīt know if they donīt wana bother with an older game and put all effort in next title

well too bad Ubi is a bunch of lame lazy asses
(nana2)

K007
05-22-07, 07:20 AM
game sux anyway..who cares -.-

superklye
05-22-07, 07:22 AM
So all the DA hate is for the PC version? What about the 360 version?

Mr. Hunt
05-22-07, 07:27 AM
I hate all versions... Ubi is turning into EA for me, only without buying everything.

After SCDA, I am no longer going to be buying anything from Ubisoft anymore... terrible game, and the PC version was so ****ty I wanted to kill myself.

superklye
05-22-07, 07:34 AM
:o

I just picked it up from Best Buy for 360. I'm going to keep it and give it a shot because most of the reviews said it was decent and I'm a ***** for this series, but I'll keep my hopes low.

Mr. Hunt
05-22-07, 07:42 AM
:o

I just picked it up from Best Buy for 360. I'm going to keep it and give it a shot because most of the reviews said it was decent and I'm a ***** for this series, but I'll keep my hopes low.

I was a ***** for the series too... but after the disaster of DA, and the way Conviction is sounding like... I am pretty sure I am done with the series.

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 08:11 AM
I was a ***** for the series too... but after the disaster of DA, and the way Conviction is sounding like... I am pretty sure I am done with the series.

i still play Chaos Theory (best Splinter Cell game) but i'm done with everything UBI related, unless like i said before, if they pull some ****ing miracle, maybe maybe i will return, but right now there is about .05% chance of that

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-22-07, 08:27 AM
i donīt think assasinīs cred will be a disaster if it is tehy ****ed it up real bad and taht will be the end on Ubisoft

Destroy
05-22-07, 08:58 AM
After the garbage dished out to us PC folk of late i find it hard to get excited over anything SC related anymore.

QFT! UBI has really put out some crap lately on PC.

agentkay
05-22-07, 09:19 AM
They (or better the devs) did fix Silent Hunter 4 as promised so I have to give them a thumb up regarding that one.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-22-07, 10:21 AM
i really hope assasinīs dreed will be really great

hopefully the do it separatley for consoles ie PS3&Xbox360 and then the PC version so it wonīt be a freaking port like SCDA

Bearclaw
05-22-07, 01:45 PM
I still haven't tried SC: DA so I wouldnt know but I liked the other three.

CaptNKILL
05-22-07, 02:37 PM
Heh, I won't be surprised if this sucks.

Despite the hype around a lot of their games, I've only ever liked 2 Ubisoft games, ever. Dark Messiah and Beyond Good and Evil.

Toss3
05-22-07, 03:14 PM
I'm suprised I'm the only one who's gonna comment on the fact that they've spent a MONTH trying to get Sam to pick up a freaking chair correctly? :wtf: My bet is that this game is going to be seriously delayed because they'll have to spend a year trying to get Sam to wipe his ass... wtf are the developers thinking? It's an action game for Christ sake, it's not a Barbie interior design POS! And if he can't lift a chair so what? - make a gun do it like Valve did! :thumbdwn:

jAkUp
05-22-07, 10:23 PM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/790/790828p1.html

Watch the trailer guys. I couldn't believe it. That does not even look at all like Splinter Cell? WTF?