PDA

View Full Version : New Duke Nukem Forever Screen Shot

Pages : [1] 2

Burpy
05-22-07, 05:51 PM
http://picsorban.com/upload/gamaduke2edited2vx0.jpg

We're looking for a programmer and put an ad on Gamasutra. Like last time, you may want to check it out.

Just to head off any questions. Real-time in game asset, like the last job ad shot. Taken from a game level with a dark background, on purpose, because we wanted to focus attention on the character.

Source: GamaSutra (http://jobs.gamasutra.com/jobseekerx/viewjobrss.asp?cjid=10538&accountno=95) - 3DRealms (http://forums.3drealms.com/vb/showthread.php?t=26857) - Shacknews (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/47070)

MowTin
05-22-07, 05:57 PM
They're looking for a programmer?!

Is it because all their other programmers died of old age while working on this project?

Looking for a programmer? Maybe they're planning to move to the Crysis engine and want to start over from scatch. :(

They should just sell the project to a competent studio to finish the job.

jAkUp
05-22-07, 06:00 PM
Wow that actually looks pretty damn good!

Gabrobot
05-22-07, 06:34 PM

Agreed, that's at least UE3 quality there! There may still be hope...

Arioch
05-22-07, 06:38 PM
Too bad they will dump the code again once Crysis comes out...

Bokishi
05-22-07, 06:48 PM
Well it's called "Forever" for a reason :D

Dragunov
05-22-07, 06:49 PM
It's gonna be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it seems, gonna take forever and once it is released, still alot of bugs left :D

|MaguS|
05-22-07, 07:01 PM
Man, Im not buying into the hype and gettinge excited for the game but I know the game will rock when released.

Wolfhound
05-22-07, 07:01 PM
So they switch engine again, CryEngine2, U3 or what? another 10 years of development...or it can be that one of the programmers has parkinson because his age and cannot write properly with a keyboard...

nekrosoft13
05-22-07, 07:19 PM
It's gonna be like S.T.A.L.K.E.R. it seems, gonna take forever and once it is released, still alot of bugs left :D

actually its been a lot longer then stalker by now

Gabrobot
05-22-07, 08:06 PM
So they switch engine again, CryEngine2, U3 or what? another 10 years of development...or it can be that one of the programmers has parkinson because his age and cannot write properly with a keyboard...

No, they're still on the heavily modified UE2 engine that they've been working with for years. They re-wrote most of the subsystems like the graphics engine so that it's on-par with current/next-gen (whatever you want to call it) engines. And judging by this screen they're still very much in the game as far as competition with other games' graphics.

Tork64
05-22-07, 08:46 PM
I hope they dont take away the funniness that Duke3D had.

Destroy
05-22-07, 09:01 PM

It's damn good if you like low res, blurry textures. Overall it's good but someone smeared vasoline all over that pic or something.

NaitoSan
05-22-07, 09:17 PM
Wow looks very cool!

crainger
05-22-07, 09:19 PM
It's damn good if you like low res, blurry textures. Overall it's good but someone smeared vasoline all over that pic or something.

Your eyes need refocusing. See your local Optometrist. I just had mine done. Hurts like hell, but it's worth it.

NaitoSan
05-22-07, 09:21 PM
If you actually click one of sources... poster enlarged it (2x) for our viewing pleasure.

Banko
05-22-07, 10:35 PM
That isn't the original pic, it is blown up and is why it is blurry.

However it's part of a bigger in game screenshot, so I don't know how you can call it low-res.

MowTin
05-23-07, 12:02 AM
No, they're still on the heavily modified UE2 engine that they've been working with for years. They re-wrote most of the subsystems like the graphics engine so that it's on-par with current/next-gen (whatever you want to call it) engines. And judging by this screen they're still very much in the game as far as competition with other games' graphics.

That's what makes them so stupid. DNF didn't have to be some work of programming genius. All they needed to do was take all that Duke goodness and put it in a 3d engine and I would have paid for it and loved it.

I would pay for a simple remake of the original Duke 3D in a modern engine.

I just can't bring myself to believe that this game will ever see the light of day.

BioHazZarD
05-23-07, 05:37 AM
DNF = Did Not Finish

They look for programmers each year god dammit its impossible probaby to find people that actually wanna work on a game that will never see daylight.. its just goes on and on and thoose BS small screens proves absolute nothing!

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-07, 06:05 AM
DNF will never see the light of day 3Drelams is just stupid scrap thois forever crap and make a new game and in time or stop making games since they canīt seem to get them out or get them done DNF Prey i mena what are they thiking naah i donīt belive 3Drealms are capabel of making anything but empt promises.

but yeha that screeshot looked really good but i think they will start allover to get DNF out as a DX9 DX10 game and use cryengine 2

ralinn
05-23-07, 06:07 AM
DNF will never see the light of day 3Drelams is just stupid scrap thois forever crap and make a new game and in time or stop making games since they canīt seem to get them out or get them done DNF Prey i mena what are they thiking naah i donīt belive 3Drealms are capabel of making anything but empt promises.

but yeha that screeshot looked really good but i think they will start allover to get DNF out as a DX9 DX10 game and use cryengine 2
Argh, my brain!

RAY16
05-23-07, 06:36 AM
Argh, my brain!

In-fecking-deed.

/me takes and Advil.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-07, 06:42 AM
sorry for the misstyping happens from time to time

i am sorry for that hope you understood what i meant anyways cheers guys

:)

Redeemed
05-23-07, 06:44 AM
sorry for the misstyping happens from time to time

i am sorry for that hope you understood what i meant anyways cheers guys

NO! YOU ENGLISH BAD! YOU FIRED! :p

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-07, 06:46 AM

to my defense and yes i mistype from time to time since i am a diabetic i nned to have my eyes checked once in a while. They gave me special eye drops so they can photograph my eyes so right now my eyes are pretty freaky.

so i apologize if my test is hard to read it is because i have a hard time see the keys as my eyes is a bit blurry light sensitive.

well you get the drift

cheers