PDA

View Full Version : My e-penis is biggest of them all.

Pages : [1] 2

Rakeesh
05-22-07, 07:56 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=25818&stc=1&d=1179878171

Redshirt #24
05-22-07, 08:03 PM
Good God, man.

You're really an accountant for the mob, aren't you?

ENU291
05-22-07, 08:11 PM
Dude what are those? One looks like a 1080P Westy (42"?) but I can't tell what the other is.

HarryDude
05-22-07, 08:11 PM
@ lol I have 20 of those screens to make one big one, and a 32 geforce 8800 ultra sli rig, the motherboard I made myself.

Rakeesh
05-22-07, 08:15 PM
Dude what are those? One looks like a 1080P Westy (42"?) but I can't tell what the other is.

LVW-47W1 and 46D62U

buffbiff21
05-23-07, 06:07 AM
Did you really buy two huge TV/monitors?

I want. But I cannot afford.

how much $?

Kayden
05-23-07, 07:26 AM
LOL

que the song Big Balls

grey_1
05-23-07, 07:29 AM
Ever get a crick in your neck from turning your head too far? :D

radekhulan
05-23-07, 02:15 PM
E-penis? Who cares... My real penis is 28cm long and is biggest of them all ;-)

superklye
05-23-07, 03:37 PM
psssh...get two 3007WFP and THEN come brag. :p

breathemetal
05-23-07, 06:00 PM
This summer i WILL have a 30'' Dell. They are just so beautiful and tempting!

Xion X2
05-23-07, 06:46 PM
Good God, man.

You're really an accountant for the mob, aren't you?

:rofl

Bokishi
05-23-07, 08:56 PM
Nice monitors guys

Rakeesh
05-24-07, 02:22 PM
Did you really buy two huge TV/monitors?

I want. But I cannot afford.

how much $?

The westy 47" LVM-47W1 is $1,540 after all expenses, taxes, and everything at bestbuy.com.

The sharp is $2,178. I am returning the sharp. It has a slightly better contrast ratio than the westy, but thats about it. It does horrible reds and I can't figure out how to completely and properly disable its sharpness filter, which ruins the picture.

Don't ever judge a westy by what you see on the sales floor. I know bestbuy in particular really tries their best to use this TV to sell other TV's. They hook it up to a source that is vastly inferior to the rest of their TV's, probably on purpose since they sell it with the lowest profit margin. Take advantage of this by being smarter than the sales dick and you'll save money. Once you get them home and tweak them a bit, they look much better than the more expensive TV's. Plus they actually support a true 1920x1080p/60 input, which is rare.

Ancient
05-24-07, 02:54 PM
Don't ever judge a westy by what you see on the sales floor. I know bestbuy in particular really tries their best to use this TV to sell other TV's. They hook it up to a source that is vastly inferior to the rest of their TV's, probably on purpose since they sell it with the lowest profit margin. Take advantage of this by being smarter than the sales dick and you'll save money.
Ain't that the truth. I was at BB some months back and these ladies were looking at LCD TVs, asking all sorts of questions among themselves wondering about this and that so I began explaining about resolution, interlaced vs. progressive, and started telling them that the Westy was the best TV among the selections they were looking at. Immediately some spiff spud salesman steps up and hustles them off to steer them towards a lesser, more expensive TV while giving me a dirty look. If you ask them about the Westy they don't even like to talk about them.

breathemetal
05-24-07, 03:15 PM
Pshh, the BB guys are all morons. Half of them dont even know a thing about what they are selling.

I hate that place with a passion, but i do buy all my games there.

Bearclaw
05-24-07, 03:46 PM
Pshh, the BB guys are all morons. Half of them dont even know a thing about what they are selling.

QFT. I hate best buy.

Rakeesh
05-24-07, 04:35 PM
I like how cnet did a review 3 years ago on a westinghouse 37" with 800:1 contrast ratio, and for every single westinghouse monitor since then they have copied and pasted the same review with small modifications. Whoever reviewed it cited "pedestrian styling" as one of the cons. :rolleyes: Their editor rating is 6.7 but user rating is 8.3.

XDanger
05-27-07, 09:43 PM
You have spent money on the wrong things @ Intel DG965WH | C2D E6300 | Corsair 2GB DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 | PNY 8800GTS 640MB ,unless you plan an overhaul that is.

Rakeesh
05-27-07, 11:14 PM
You have spent money on the wrong things @ Intel DG965WH | C2D E6300 | Corsair 2GB DDR2-667 4-4-4-12 | PNY 8800GTS 640MB ,unless you plan an overhaul that is.

Why? The motherboard and cpu cost me $200. At the time I bought it, they were going for $700. It currently has all of the performance I need. In fact, all of the games I play, including oblivion and fear, play with the absolute maximum settings, and at 1920x1080 no less, with the minimum framerates bottoming out at 40fps. The only thing I don't use that most people do is FSAA, but I quite simply don't need it as it offers zero image quality improvement.

Mr_LoL
05-28-07, 12:59 AM
Whats the max resolution of these monitors?

Rakeesh
05-28-07, 06:22 AM
1920x1080

XDanger
05-28-07, 08:54 AM
Did you buy them through an employee purchase program through work by any chance?
The price you paid for the mobo/cpu explains a lot. Intels dont tend to overclock so when dx10 games start to roll out you'll want a meatier cpu to keep your prefered resolution i'll wager.
Its down to the individual but all im saying is if I had the money id spend it elsewhere than an extra big monitor.
Still cool though:D

buffbiff21
05-28-07, 03:15 PM
Don't ever judge a westy by what you see on the sales floor. I know bestbuy in particular really tries their best to use this TV to sell other TV's. They hook it up to a source that is vastly inferior to the rest of their TV's, probably on purpose since they sell it with the lowest profit margin. Take advantage of this by being smarter than the sales dick and you'll save money. Once you get them home and tweak them a bit, they look much better than the more expensive TV's. Plus they actually support a true 1920x1080p/60 input, which is rare.
I know. Typical sales tactic.

Though, you're still not complete dude. You've gotta have one more (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11219653&search=lvm-37w3&Sp=S&Mo=0&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=0&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=lvm-37w3&Ntt=lvm-37w3&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1). You've gotta have 3 colossi on your desk.

I am literally one click away from buying this. I tried out my friend's and just said... if you have anything less than 37", just kill yourself.

my 20.1" is pretty decent... but after looking at a 37....

Rakeesh
05-28-07, 04:23 PM
Did you buy them through an employee purchase program through work by any chance?
The price you paid for the mobo/cpu explains a lot. Intels dont tend to overclock so when dx10 games start to roll out you'll want a meatier cpu to keep your prefered resolution i'll wager.
Its down to the individual but all im saying is if I had the money id spend it elsewhere than an extra big monitor.
Still cool though:D

Well it isn't just a monitor, I also use it to watch TV. But actually running at higher resolutions puts a higher load on the GPU than the CPU.

I upgrade as the need arises. I don't ever try to push 140fps because that would require buying uber expensive hardware only to have it become cheap by the time you actually need all of that performance.

When the next intel purchase program comes around, what I can do is buy that just for the CPU, and sell the copy of windows that comes with it, effectively making the CPU free.

I know. Typical sales tactic.

Though, you're still not complete dude. You've gotta have one more (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11219653&search=lvm-37w3&Sp=S&Mo=0&cm_re=1-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=0&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=All&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=lvm-37w3&Ntt=lvm-37w3&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1). You've gotta have 3 colossi on your desk.

I am literally one click away from buying this. I tried out my friend's and just said... if you have anything less than 37", just kill yourself.

my 20.1" is pretty decent... but after looking at a 37....

Yeah thats a good deal, the 37" is nice as well. Hmm...I originally wanted the 37", but I bought the 47" because it was on sale and had free shipping, making it only $100 more than the 37" at the time. I am still within my return period for this one, and it won't cost me anything to return it. This one is a little too large physically for my room, but I am completely comfortable with it on the other hand, and it has zero banding and zero dead pixels, which is rare for any LCD of this size. /me ponders...