PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA 8900 GTX Launch Date?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Digital_Trans
05-23-07, 12:59 AM
Does anyone know when the NVIDIA 8900 GTX launch date is? Also, what are the specs?

|MaguS|
05-23-07, 01:04 AM
Don't think it was even confirmed... think its just all rumors and speculation due to past release patterns.

Digital_Trans
05-23-07, 01:20 AM
I just hope the following specs come on the 8900 GTX....

Core Clock 700MHz

Memory Clock 2300 or 2400MHz

Shader Clock 1558 or 1658MHz < if at all possible!

Anything less would be a huge waste of money on upgrading for me. I'll just get another EVGA 8800 GTX KO Edition card and SLI/Watercool and OC the hell out of them.

Amuro
05-23-07, 01:20 AM
I think Nvidia is gonna release something in the September/October timeframe to counter the HD 2950 XT/XTX.

Digital_Trans
05-23-07, 01:28 AM
I think Nvidia is gonna release something in the September/October timeframe to counter the HD 2950 XT/XTX.

thanks ummm.... not to be off topic or anything but where can I buy this at?
Silverstone Olympia OP1200???????????? :captnkill:

kevJ420
05-23-07, 02:10 AM
They just need to move onto the geforce 9 and focus on image quality and compatibility.

They don't need to worry about performance, for a long-ass time.

It would be perfectly acceptable for the geforce 9 to be slower, I don't care what anyone says, you won't need the speed of (2) 8800 ultra's for at least 2years from now under any circumstances.

MUYA
05-23-07, 02:13 AM
So you can look into the future? man half the statements you come out of you are not even 1/100000000th qualified to make.

Game devs always are pushing that boundary each year in trying to give a better graphical feel...pushing towards a Final fantasy movie on desktop computers...adn with that comes the need for new hardware

Revs
05-23-07, 08:40 AM
There are already games that almost need 2 8800's if you are running super high resolutions maxed out. But the whole point of these cards is DX10, aint it?!? I'm looking forward to seeing how games like Bioshock and Crysis run before making performance judgements. Hopefully they'll cope fine but I reacon it'll only be 10-12 months before games come out that'll need more power to run maxed out at an acceptable frame rate.
It's an expensive hobby if ya not interested in turning your game settings down. And there always some new 'must-have' standard coming out to make your card feel out of date! :( . I'm well happy for now though, as long as they sort out the drivers for Vista! There's still no SLI driver for DX10 and we're getting close to the 'propper' DX10 games being released and i'm still not happy enough with the game performance in Vista to do-away with XP.

Revs
05-23-07, 01:18 PM
That would be nice, BUT, like most products now-a-days, it's about the profit. Can't say I can blame them, it's a business, there to make money. There's also not alot of pressure from ATI at the mo either, so why rush products out. NVidia are in a very good position right now. They have the best cards on the market and probably have the next step in performance ready to release as soon as anyone else starts getting close to the current card, which isn't looking like it's gonna be any time soon, unless ATI's card has some advantage in DX10 (which looking at the specs, could well be possible, the memory bandwidth is just silly, 150Gbps if I remember correctly).
I'm sure they're in a position to release the 8900 now (or very soon), but they'll time it right for max profit. I wonder how much it'll cost, if the 8800 Ultra is Ģ600?!? :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
05-23-07, 01:21 PM
So you can look into the future? man half the statements you come out of you are not even 1/100000000th qualified to make.

Game devs always are pushing that boundary each year in trying to give a better graphical feel...pushing towards a Final fantasy movie on desktop computers...adn with that comes the need for new hardware

Don't judge him! He has read things...

911medic
05-23-07, 01:38 PM
(...the memory bandwidth is just silly, 150Gbps if I remember correctly).I think it's more like 105 GB/s. Still silly, just not THAT silly.

Arioch
05-23-07, 01:38 PM
I would love to see another Nvidia card with more horsepower than the 8800 Ultra - not just core and memory speed increases - before Crysis comes out.

Toss3
05-23-07, 01:39 PM
Don't judge him! He has read things...
In his crystal ball... :smoking2:

kevJ420
05-23-07, 04:39 PM
There are already games that almost need 2 8800's if you are running super high resolutions maxed out. But the whole point of these cards is DX10, aint it?!? I'm looking forward to seeing how games like Bioshock and Crysis run before making performance judgements. Hopefully they'll cope fine but I reacon it'll only be 10-12 months before games come out that'll need more power to run maxed out at an acceptable frame rate.
It's an expensive hobby if ya not interested in turning your game settings down. And there always some new 'must-have' standard coming out to make your card feel out of date! :( . I'm well happy for now though, as long as they sort out the drivers for Vista! There's still no SLI driver for DX10 and we're getting close to the 'propper' DX10 games being released and i'm still not happy enough with the game performance in Vista to do-away with XP.
Like I said before, it took a long time for the 1st dx9 card to fall to it's knees.

Direct x 10 is just as much about performance increases due to more efficient and easier to program code, and also all of this damn forced compression up the ass, optimisations, and other stupid **** that makes games look like **** is going to make crysis and any other dx 10 game go flying, just like the hardware has made games that are out now look like ****.

crysis will run fast as ****, on the highest end cards now and it will do so at resolutions of 16x12, and in game and driver settings maxed.

History will more than repeat itself with dx 10 except only nvidia will have the good position.

If the 9700 pro could do it, then why can't the 8800 gtx do it? Can anyone answer that for me?

finally, turning up the resolution to 2560x1600 is not the right answer.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-23-07, 04:43 PM
yeah i wanna by me a Geforce 9500Ultra

EDIT: is DX10 meant increase performance in DX 10 games?

since DX9 isnīt relly doing that

kevJ420
05-23-07, 05:15 PM
yeah i wanna by me a Geforce 9500Ultra

EDIT: is DX10 meant increase performance in DX 10 games?

since DX9 isnīt relly doing that

games that are dx10 will be fast from the very beginning b/c dx10 will be fast b/c of more efficient code.

I've got a few people here that will back me up on that. not many, but a few.

I don't know if I made an error or an ambiguity in my previous post.

Vasot02
05-23-07, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know when the NVIDIA 8900 GTX launch date is? Also, what are the specs?

If it is something to be released it will probably be after summer

Right now the 8800 (GTX and ULTRA) is still the fastest thing around so Nvidia is not in need of releasing a new GPU

3DBrad
05-23-07, 05:37 PM
Please find me a game where we need a faster GPU.

Revs
05-23-07, 06:01 PM
I hope your right Kev,would mean no spashing out on upgrades for a while:p . Spent far] too much on PC bits lately.

Only been gaming on the PC for about 18 months now, slowly building up from a P4 2.8/7600GT system to this one, so I'm not as clued up as u dudes on the 'older days'.

If my rig does my a couple of years i'll be pleased, by then there'll be all sorts of stuff coming out and DX10 should be the standard.:captnkill:

Saying that, Valve, for example, have decided to down the CPU route after looking at the hardware data people have been sending them. Optimizing for dual & quad core CPU instead, due to more people splashing out on CPU over a GPU.

SLINROB
05-23-07, 07:31 PM
I don't care what anyone says, you won't need the speed of (2) 8800 ultra's for at least 2years from now under any circumstances.

You are so retarded:rolleyes: I have 2 highly overclocked 8800GTX's paired with a E6600@3.6ghz and Oblivion Completely maxed out with 16XAA and 16XAF running at 1680X1024 can even push these 2 cards pretty good at times and when I say pretty good Im talking lows in the upper 50's. LOL.

SLINROB
05-23-07, 08:40 PM
Like I said before, it took a long time for the 1st dx9 card to fall to it's knees.

If the 9700 pro could do it, then why can't the 8800 gtx do it? Can anyone answer that for me?

I guess you forgot what farcry did to the 9800pro much less the 9700pro.

Redeemed
05-23-07, 08:43 PM
I guess you forgot what farcry did to the 9800pro much less the 9700pro.
Yeah, FarCry was quite the challenge for even the 9800XT. I had a 5950U and in order to play FarCry with all in-game settings maxed + 2xAA, 8xAF, I had to use a resolution of 800x600. :o

Not any more I don't! :firedevil

Bokishi
05-23-07, 08:50 PM
lol I played Far Cry on my FX5200. It was uber-choppy

Amuro
05-23-07, 11:02 PM
I hope your right Kev,would mean no spashing out on upgrades for a while:p . Spent far] too much on PC bits lately.

Only been gaming on the PC for about 18 months now, slowly building up from a P4 2.8/7600GT system to this one, so I'm not as clued up as u dudes on the 'older days'.

If my rig does my a couple of years i'll be pleased, by then there'll be all sorts of stuff coming out and DX10 should be the standard.:captnkill:

Saying that, Valve, for example, have decided to down the CPU route after looking at the hardware data people have been sending them. Optimizing for dual & quad core CPU instead, due to more people splashing out on CPU over a GPU.
DX10 won't be the standard until Vista becomes the standard, which is not gonna happen any time soon.

3DBrad
05-23-07, 11:14 PM
DX10 won't be the standard until Vista becomes the standard, which is not gonna happen any time soon.

Well, seeing as how the majority of PC builders (like Dell, HP, etc.) just about force you to buy Vista with a PC, it won't take long.