PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting ready for the Shadowrun?

Pages : [1] 2

Peoples-Agent
05-23-07, 07:04 AM
Just curious, any of you guys going for this Shadowrun and Games for Windows thing?

Be interesting to see how PC vs Console gamers fair against each other.

Having seen more and more footage, seems to be less about aim and more about the reflexes. Be a good contest. lol

Redeemed
05-23-07, 07:05 AM
Not sure I know exactly what you are talking about. Care to clarify?

CaptNKILL
05-23-07, 07:08 AM
Just curious, any of you guys going for this Shadowrun and Games for Windows thing?

Be interesting to see how PC vs Console gamers fair against each other.

Having seen more and more footage, seems to be less about aim and more about the reflexes. Be a good contest. lol
I'm probably more interested in this game than most because I've been dreaming about a new Shadowrun game since the mid 90s...

I know it isn't what I wanted, but I really want to like this game and I hope it does well so that FASA has a reason to keep making Shadowrun games (ie, a real RPG).

As far as the PC vs X360 stuff... meh... I'll give it a try if I can do it for free. If I can't, it doesn't really make any difference to me.

I wish they would release a demo though.

Amuro
05-23-07, 07:14 AM
Not really interested in this one.

nekrosoft13
05-23-07, 07:30 AM
not interested, i will not pay money to play with console gamers.

CaptNKILL
05-23-07, 07:48 AM
I've been trying to find some opinions on this game, since its so close to release and people have to be playing it somewhere.

I found one here:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/shadowrun/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-35465563&pid=929196

I just recently played the demo on the through Xbox Live dev partnernet (for ppl that don't know, it's what developers use to test their games before releasing it to the public). The game actually is very unique and a lot of fun to play. It like combines Counterstrikes purchasing system with cool techniques (such as teleporting/gliding) and moves. So far I'm having a blast just playing against bots, and really hope ppl take time away from halo to play it.

Trust me, it's definately worth checking out!

Apparently it has bots, which is a good thing.

Also, the demo of the xbox version will supposedly be out on june 6th (Which is a week after the game's release). Hopefully we'll see a PC demo around that time too.

Peoples-Agent
05-23-07, 08:00 AM
not interested, i will not pay money to play with console gamers.

How much are they going to charge for that?

Surely has to be more to it than just playing with console gamers.

CaptNKILL
05-23-07, 08:11 AM

The gameplay actually sounds pretty original.
http://shadowrun.com/gameguides/default.htm
Read through the game guides that cover the tech, magic, races and weapons. You can do some really cool stuff in this game.

I'm glad they went ahead and developed some sort of back story to tie this game into the Shadowrun universe. I don't think they were planning on doing that initially but it was pretty obvious how pissed the SR fans were that this totally unrelated game was being called Shadowrun.

The stories and background info on the official site aren't the most well written things in the whole world, but at least they are trying.

nekrosoft13
05-23-07, 08:38 AM

its live gold, so what is it now, 50-60 a year? not gonna play 50-60 a year to play one game that i will get bored of it in maybe 2-3 weeks

Peoples-Agent
05-23-07, 11:17 AM
its live gold, so what is it now, 50-60 a year? not gonna play 50-60 a year to play one game that i will get bored of it in maybe 2-3 weeks

I thought the windows version was alot cheaper and came with other extras, didn't think it was like Xbox Live as such.

|MaguS|
05-23-07, 11:27 AM
I will try the demo that comes out next month first, It doesn't look to be really anything like the past shadowruns at all...

CaptNKILL
05-26-07, 08:58 AM
Here is some pretty nice looking gameplay footage:

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/792/792199p1.html

Nothing real groundbreaking but it looks pretty solid.

I'll give the demo a whirl. If it seems like something I'd play I'll pick it up. I mostly just want to promote FASA though. A new (good) Shadowrun RPG would be the holy grail of gaming for me... hopefully if enough people play this and the studio gets some attention they will be able to put one together.

nekrosoft13
05-26-07, 04:11 PM
also keep in mind that few places (IGN, PC Gamer) reported that on PC version developers did something to targeting system that makes it less accurate.

CaptNKILL
05-26-07, 04:19 PM
also keep in mind that few places (IGN, PC Gamer) reported that on PC version developers did something to targeting system that makes it less accurate.
Yeah thats my main worry.

Seems kinda stupid to go that far since the xbox players have auto-aim on all the time anyway.

m3dude
05-26-07, 04:32 PM
its already been confirmed by preview sites and the devs themselves that the pc version is a cutdown version of the 360 one because its too hard to optimize for pcs.

newparad1gm
05-26-07, 04:40 PM
its already been confirmed by preview sites and the devs themselves that the pc version is a cutdown version of the 360 one because its too hard to optimize for pcs.

That's just the devs being lazy and realizing the dollar lays with the 360 version rather than the PC version. I'm not going to pay for Windows Live Gold just to be inundated by screaming console kiddies proclaiming their greatness because of a completely overpowered controller auto-aim and gimped mouse+keyboard targeting in a half-assed attempt at "balance." I get enough of screaming kids in CS:S.

jAkUp
05-27-07, 02:47 PM

That is not true. The devs clearly said that the game looks identical.

RAY16
05-27-07, 05:04 PM
That is not true. The devs clearly said that the game looks identical.

From what I've read, it's identical except that the PC version has no motion blur. They way the engine Shadowrun uses does motion blur doesn't perform well on PC architecture. I forget where exactly, but it was stated by one of the devs.

CaptNKILL
05-29-07, 05:45 AM
So anyone get it yet or see any reviews?

It should be out now.

Kayden
05-29-07, 08:53 AM
That's just the devs being lazy and realizing the dollar lays with the 360 version rather than the PC version. I'm not going to pay for Windows Live Gold just to be inundated by screaming console kiddies proclaiming their greatness because of a completely overpowered controller auto-aim and gimped mouse+keyboard targeting in a half-assed attempt at "balance." I get enough of screaming kids in CS:S.

So very true.....I have a subscription to xbox live and play css, xbox live is much worse when it comes to whinning kids.

Also I lost interest in this game a long time ago....

XxDeadlyxX
05-29-07, 09:22 AM
I'm betting tomorrow there will be an announcement of a delay due to the cross-platform stuff not finalised, or something :D

Or... boobies? ;)

crainger
05-29-07, 09:43 AM
Probably more ASS errors.

CaptNKILL
05-29-07, 11:33 AM
I just called wal-mart. They don't have it yet.

I'm going to give EB\Gamestop a call too.

I really want to play this. I wanted to wait for the demo, but my gut is telling me to just get it.

EDIT: EB\Gamestop says they'll have it tomorrow and that the date on the website is the shipping date.

Hopefully we get some reviews before its available. If the reviews are bad (average 6\10 or less) I wont get it. If they are good (average 8\10 or better) I'll get it.

nekrosoft13
05-29-07, 11:40 AM
when it hits the bargain bin at the Dollar store, maybe.

otherwise won't waste money on this POS.

CaptNKILL
05-29-07, 11:44 AM
when it hits the bargain bin at the Dollar store, maybe.

otherwise won't waste money on this POS.
Man, whats will all the negativity nekro? It seems like you've been really pissed off about just about everything lately. :o