PDA

View Full Version : Simple way to between multiple single-display monitors?

JemyM
05-23-07, 08:05 AM
I have connected one of my GeForce 8800gtx cards to a 22" monitor and a 40" HDTV. I enjoy sitting in the sofa and use the computer although when I do demanding stuff like playing etc I would like to use the monitor.

Since Dualview was annoying (I couldnt use max resolution on my monitor and the windows kept popping up on the wrong screen) I now use "Single" in "Set Up Multiple Displays" I use "Single". Only problem is that I have to use NVidias control panel everytime I wish to change back and forth between the two. I would like to know if anyyone know a more accessible way to swap back and forth between the two, perhaps an utility?

doddsy
05-23-07, 02:36 PM
couldnt use max resolution on my monitor

i don't see why not. i have two monitors hooked up to this 7900gt in dualview and both run at their own different max resolutions.

maybe unrelated but - setting "multiple graphics card acceleration" to "single display" will improve gaming performance on the monitor.

and the windows kept popping up on the wrong screen

windows should open on the primary monitor - unless if last time a specific window was closed, it was done on the secondary, then it will ( i think) continue to open on the secondary until that window is dragged to the primary before closing.

could someone read that back to me please............:headexplode:

jolle
05-23-07, 04:28 PM
I setup a hotkey to switch between dual view and single screen using Nview some years back.
I think I created 2 different profiles there, and hotkeys to switch between them.
But you shouldnt have to do that.

JemyM
05-24-07, 01:17 AM
i don't see why not. i have two monitors hooked up to this 7900gt in dualview and both run at their own different max resolutions.

What resolutions do you run? I run my primary desktop in 2048*1536 and my TV in 1920*1080. When I have dualview enabled my primary drops down to 1900 somewhere.

maybe unrelated but - setting "multiple graphics card acceleration" to "single display" will improve gaming performance on the monitor.:

Where do you find this setting?

JemyM
05-24-07, 01:18 AM
I setup a hotkey to switch between dual view and single screen using Nview some years back.
I think I created 2 different profiles there, and hotkeys to switch between them.

That would be awesome though. A hotkey would make it so much easier.

doddsy
05-24-07, 01:28 PM
What resolutions do you run? I run my primary desktop in 2048*1536 and my TV in 1920*1080. When I have dualview enabled my primary drops down to 1900 somewhere.

1280*1024 on a 19" panel and 1024.768 on a 15" panel. both set to 60hz.

Where do you find this setting?

couple of threads here mention this setting.

JemyM
05-25-07, 07:19 AM

I found a function in nview "Switch to next display device". When I use it though I get the error "This hot key is not available when there are more than two display devices attached to the computer."

For some reason I have 3 monitors in Desktop Properties "Settings", even if I have only 2 attached. Very annoying.

JemyM
05-25-07, 07:20 AM
1280*1024 on a 19" panel and 1024.768 on a 15" panel. both set to 60hz.

Maybe it's because you have lower resolutions then. I dunno.

couple of threads here mention this setting.