PDA

View Full Version : Dirt

Pages : [1] 2

Lyme
05-24-07, 01:14 AM
Colin Colin McRae Dirt Demo On Marketplace Thursday

http://www.tekfront.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=162&mode=&order=0&thold=0
http://www.codemasters.com/dirt/index2.php?territory=EnglishUSA

360 & pc now, ps3 later.. looks decent from the webpage.

Quickstar
05-24-07, 10:07 AM
It's on fileplanet. Downloading now...

Destroy
05-24-07, 11:06 AM
Amazed no one talking about 360 version. How is it on 360?

Lyme
05-24-07, 02:54 PM
Still a couple of hours till I get off work, I'll try it later.

ENU291
05-24-07, 04:59 PM
I just finished playing the demo and it's great! The graphics are some of the best I've seen on the 360 and the controls and physics are spot on. So far so good... I'm looking forward to this one BIG TIME!! :D

Lyme
05-24-07, 09:12 PM
It is fun, and looks good. Much better pick of tracks than Forza2

Cream
05-26-07, 12:58 PM
Dirt on the 360 looks great, but is no where near the quality of FORZA 2 as far as physics goes. Still a buyer though going off the demo.

P.c. version also available on http://www.gamershell.com/

JayK
05-26-07, 03:18 PM
Yeah, looks great.....especially the hill climb track, that was awesome. physics and car handling is ok, though i've never driven any of these types of cars. fun to play, will definitely be picking this up for the 360

Cream
05-26-07, 05:46 PM
Having now downloaded the P.C. version. I think over all I like the 360 version better. I'm using the 360 pad for both games and the cars feel much better on the 360 version. Also the graphics look over done on the p.c. version. I can't quite put my finger on it but the 360 version looks cleaner. I think the light reflection is over done on the P.C. version and there is this weird haze/blur ever when motion blur is turned off.
Over all if I was to get one version going off the demo it would be the 360 version.
One more thing there is a nice intro to the 360 version which the P.C. version doesn't have, but there is no replay in the 360 demo version :(, although the option is there just greyed out.

BioHazZarD
05-26-07, 07:25 PM
Yepp it was more fun playing the 360 demo, ran and looked better.

ENU291
05-26-07, 09:18 PM
Having now downloaded the P.C. version. I think over all I like the 360 version better. I'm using the 360 pad for both games and the cars feel much better on the 360 version. Also the graphics look over done on the p.c. version. I can't quite put my finger on it but the 360 version looks cleaner. I think the light reflection is over done on the P.C. version and there is this weird haze/blur ever when motion blur is turned off.
Over all if I was to get one version going off the demo it would be the 360 version.
One more thing there is a nice intro to the 360 version which the P.C. version doesn't have, but there is no replay in the 360 demo version :(, although the option is there just greyed out.
I completely agree! I did notice that the shadows are better on the PC version when you set everything to "high" but the 360 version looks almost as good and runs silky smooth. The 360 version also controls a tad better (using the 360 gamepad for both PC and 360 versions).

Buenamos
05-26-07, 09:24 PM
Yep, I prefer the 360 version as well. I gotta say, my 360 is the best console I've ever owned. *hugs it*

Toss3
05-27-07, 06:21 AM
Game looks great, but the overall feel is just not right. The controls are also a bit too sensitive, and I couldn't get the rally-cars to slide and there was no map-reader. :( I'd give the demo 8.5/10 for the graphics, 6/10 for gameplay and 7/10 for overall feel. (nana2)

siorai
05-28-07, 01:14 PM
I just hope that when the 360 verison does come out, there will be some options for turning down the completely overdone, stomach churning, vision killing bloom... Gawd I hate that crap. :thumbdwn:

Other than that, I really like it and am totally looking forward to picking it up. :D

tornadog
06-13-07, 06:25 PM
just got the game...I liked it way more than Forza 2, and looks pretty too

ENU291
06-13-07, 06:30 PM
its out??? sweet!

fasedww
06-17-07, 03:46 PM
Got mine on PreOrder at Bestbuy, comes with a access card to get 10 new in game vehicles, won't ship tell the 22nd of this month though, 2.69 for shipping isn't bad though, Some times I don't know why I try and PreOrder though, I have Forza2 though, It can keep me happy tell it's here.:D

kev13dd
08-07-07, 01:56 AM
Just played this on the X360 today, thought this thread deserved a bump. Probably one of the most beautiful games I have played on any console ever. The races were fun, and just about every map I found myself having to comment on how amazing it looks. Even Gears in high def didn't look at impressive as I thought this game was. Add in the addictive gameplay and I'm definatly buying it

My only complaint- no split screen multiplayer? Ouch. Racing games should never be without it

K

Lyme
08-07-07, 11:42 AM
They did the same damn thing with Motorstorm and it STILL pisses me off.

Lazy bastards!

From what I understand, DIRT doesn't include any real multiplayer. When playing with others over the net your simply playing for the best time/score on a track and not with each other.

Lyme
08-07-07, 05:26 PM
Wow, none at all? Maybe they'll release a patch, or some sort of add-on that enables online play.

Maybe I'm wrong, but that is how I understood it. Strangly I'm still interested in getting the game.. the Demo was tons of fun doing the rally racing.

tornadog
08-07-07, 05:32 PM
Maybe its just me but I found the game more controllable using the keyboard on the pc

ENU291
08-07-07, 05:38 PM
:wtf: A driving game that controls better on a keyboard? If it's true then this would definitely be a first.

nVJoe
08-07-07, 05:59 PM
Maybe its just me but I found the game more controllable using the keyboard on the pc
If I used a keyboard for this, I would be in the wall all the way around the track. It is a wheel for me or nothing.

Destroy
08-07-07, 06:53 PM

360 controller is where its at and only. Known issue of crappy and poorer car handling if using any other controller.

m3dude
08-07-07, 06:56 PM
from what ive read the game performs better on 360

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/cmr-07/800175p2.html

"To get the full effect of all these spectacular crashes and gorgeous visuals you'll need some serious horsepower. On its highest detail settings DiRT is able to slow down our test PC, which has an AMD FX-60 with 2GB of RAM and a GeForce 8800 GTX. Even with a beast of a system like this, we saw frame rates take a noticeable hit on the game's highest settings, and it gets worse when more than three cars appear on the screen at a time, as the frame rate takes a significant nose-dive. It's annoying to watch the Xbox 360 version run smoother when we know our PCs have so much more raw horsepower."