PDA

View Full Version : Detonator 43.45 feedback thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

thale02896
03-27-03, 09:19 AM
Don't know if these are the latest or what. Found them at ftp://download.nvidia.com/Windows/43.45/. They are the latest I've seen.

JonathanM
03-27-03, 09:29 AM
Yep, they're the latest. Just posted about them on the front page. :)

volt
03-27-03, 10:04 AM
I guess those were the ones they talked about heh.

*stickied*

nutball
03-27-03, 10:14 AM
Oh my God NVIDIA what the hell are you playing at?

Each of the last five drivers releases has been a bigger pile of bug ridden c**p than the previous set. That's quite an achievement! Well done! Have an industry award!

This control panel widget window effort you're messing about with. Just get rid of it! Which bit of "it doesn't work" don't you understand???

Why should I have to go through Safe Mode to install a set of drivers which doesn't black-screen my box? Why???

Do you even test this c***p before you send it out?

You've gone from having the best Windows and Linux drivers for commodity graphics boards to drivers which are capable of rendering all three of my boxes into temperamental wrecks in both operating systems.

Stop messing about with performance cheats, start to deal with stability and compatibility.

1) Sort out your Windows drivers
2) Sort out your Linux drivers

or I'm going ATi.

:rant:

Rolling back to 30.82.

:mad:

digitalwanderer
03-27-03, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by nutball
Oh my God NVIDIA what the hell are you playing at?

Each of the last five drivers releases has been a bigger pile of bug ridden c**p than the previous set. That's quite an achievement! Well done! Have an industry award!

This control panel widget window effort you're messing about with. Just get rid of it! Which bit of "it doesn't work" don't you understand???

Why should I have to go through Safe Mode to install a set of drivers which doesn't black-screen my box? Why???

Do you even test this c***p before you send it out?

You've gone from having the best Windows and Linux drivers for commodity graphics boards to drivers which are capable of rendering all three of my boxes into temperamental wrecks in both operating systems.

Stop messing about with performance cheats, start to deal with stability and compatibility.

1) Sort out your Windows drivers
2) Sort out your Linux drivers

or I'm going ATi.

:rant:

Rolling back to 30.82.

:mad:

Is that based on these, or are you just ranting at your experiences over the last few months?

darkmiasma
03-27-03, 10:41 AM
downloaded ... will install and report back later

ChrisRay
03-27-03, 10:43 AM
I heard these drivers were getting good 3dmarks, Comparable to the 42.68 dets,

But rendering everything properly.

SavagePaladin
03-27-03, 10:43 AM
I think some people still have the 30.xx->40.xx corruption issue? or it's a leftover from refreshforce/lock or something possibly. My win2k with gf2mx box is black screening in Freelancer, but not DS, and I don't have a clue why.

These same drivers work fine over here on the XP/gf3box, and I definately wouldn't have installed refreshwhatever on my main machine

cmor
03-27-03, 10:46 AM
Uninstalled 41.09 and installed 43.45. So far so good. Didn't have to go to safe mode either.

My contoll pannel is working fine, nut. What OS are you running?

Another other details other than it being crap? Do you just not like the layout?

ChrisRay
03-27-03, 10:47 AM
This is what badboy is getting with his new drivers and he owns a GeforceFX

http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=501676

The most important thing is notice his Pixel Shader 2.0 score? More than doubled from the 42.68 drivers,

Take the DX 9.0A release anyway you like. But it looks like this are gonna be the next certified drivers.

badboy also said that it renders everthing perfectly.

jAkUp
03-27-03, 10:48 AM
finally... im gonna try these as soon as i get home. i cant wait! i got a long time to go though :( im at school right now... 6 more hours:(

SavagePaladin
03-27-03, 10:56 AM
Arrighty then! I put the old crappy monitor to using its own driver, and the game works fine now...so my earlier theory may just still apply. I have no idea.

incurable
03-27-03, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by ChrisRay
As fast as 42.68 and no WHQL certification - if that's no hint at what's going on I don't know what is ... nVidia is very desperate indeed. :rolleyes:

cu

incurable

cmor
03-27-03, 11:00 AM
So you are running single monitor on GF3 (only single head) and multimon on another system running? Is the multimon getting black screen? Primary or secondary monitor?

SavagePaladin
03-27-03, 11:04 AM
Single on both. I'm made of antimoney, if money touched me I'd explode ;)

ChrisRay
03-27-03, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by incurable
As fast as 42.68 and no WHQL certification - if that's no hint at what's going on I don't know what is ... nVidia is very desperate indeed. :rolleyes:

cu

incurable

I doubt it. Have you actually seen the benches? They have more than tripled their pixel Shader scores in Pixel Shader testing aplications.

I doubt this is getting desperate, Nvidia always releases drivers on their website before they become Certified

Solomon
03-27-03, 11:08 AM

But rendering everything properly.

LOL! Optimized for 3DMarks? Parish the thought... :eek: :eek:

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

cmor
03-27-03, 11:08 AM
Gotcha, so one monitor blanks out and the other doesn't. Could be that the app is defaulting to timings that that monitor doesn't support. Some things you can try...

1. Try running the app at a more basic mode... 6x4
Your monitor should support higher refresh rates there
2. Force Refresh to 60Hz

Both would say the same thing. Your defaulting to a timing that is out of spec for the monitor.

You do have the inf installed for the monitor correct?

wilson
03-27-03, 11:30 AM
Works great with the Quadro FX 2000 and IBM T221 @ 3840x2400 out-of-the-box. No changes to the INF file required.

ChrisRay
03-27-03, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Solomon
LOL! Optimized for 3DMarks? Parish the thought... :eek: :eek:

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Probably, But what drivers really aren't optimised for 3dmarks :(

I'm actually more concerned about the Synthetic Pixel Shader tests which have doubled for the GeforceFX cards, Which means something has happened, Either within Microsofts DirectX release or within Nvidias own drivers.

Solomon
03-27-03, 11:39 AM
Probably, But what drivers really aren't optimised for 3dmarks :(

I'm actually more concerned about the Synthetic Pixel Shader tests which have doubled for the GeforceFX cards, Which means something has happened, Either within Microsofts DirectX release or within Nvidias own drivers.

The thing is that I have not seen a game utilize the pixel shaders. Unless Splinter Cell uses pixel shaders... I could be wrong there. It seems the only apps utilizing pixel shaders are Codecreatures and 3DMark. :(

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

ChrisRay
03-27-03, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Solomon
The thing is that I have not seen a game utilize the pixel shaders. Unless Splinter Cell uses pixel shaders... I could be wrong there. It seems the only apps utilizing pixel shaders are Codecreatures and 3DMark. :(

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

You mean Pixel Shader 2.0 or Pixel Shaders in general?

Because I play Neverwinter Nights With Pixel Shaded water all the time.

And I have Morrowind.. But its yucky :| But the water definately uses Pixel Shaders :|

I heard Unreal Tournament2003 (According to ATI) uses Pixel Shader 1.3 and 1.4

Not that its incrediblly noticable in UT2003... But ya.. I want to see more Pixel Shaded/Vertex Shaded apps soon. I bought a Geforce 4 Ti 4200, a year ago and a Radeon 9500 Pro 3 weeks ago. and a Radeon 8500 All in Wonder DV 5 months ago

I have been patient in hopes of seeing them :|

SavagePaladin
03-27-03, 12:09 PM
Legend always said Unreal 2 used them, so add that, and I'm fairly sure Splinter Cell does.

saturnotaku
03-27-03, 12:13 PM
God bless you NVIDIA for finally releasing one driver that's English only and one that's international! Will download these for me laptop and see how they do. :D

Evildeus
03-27-03, 12:24 PM
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k3=501676

Doesn't work for me. Someone can put the figures for me?

Thx!