PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA driver poll

MikeC
05-24-07, 08:50 PM
NVIDIA driver poll:

This poll is for NVIDIA users who download international versions of graphics drivers (other than English).

SH0DAN
05-24-07, 10:37 PM
Use antialiasing and anistropic filtering for international releases.

wEEt
05-25-07, 12:44 AM
Well, we have our own terms ... Antialiasing = Kantenglättung and Anisotropic Filtering = anisotrope Filterung. But everyone knows both terms so I guess, I don't care. Nvidia will probably translate them in the wrong way, so let them as they are ;)

Asciicodeplus
05-25-07, 10:57 AM
In Spanish at least u can translate everything, that why is a complicated language, stiill when u talk about technical stuff most of the users understand the terms:

Anisotropic filtering = Filtrado Anisotropico
Antialiasing = Antialias (I think lol, dunno if there's a simple word to translate it to)

Wolfhound
05-26-07, 04:11 PM
In Spanish at least u can translate everything, that why is a complicated language, stiill when u talk about technical stuff most of the users understand the terms:

Anisotropic filtering = Filtrado Anisotropico
Antialiasing = Antialias (I think lol, dunno if there's a simple word to translate it to)
Correcto, but why translate? this are english terms.. prefer to leave it as is now

Asciicodeplus
05-26-07, 07:33 PM
Exactly my point, if u dun kno what is it for u better dun mess with it, not everyone is a gamer or a GPU guru, I kno lotsa ppl just install the driver and use it as it is

Wolfhound
05-26-07, 10:41 PM
Exactly my point, if u dun kno what is it for u better dun mess with it, not everyone is a gamer or a GPU guru, I kno lotsa ppl just install the driver and use it as it is

Yes, thatīs true for some users Anisotropic Filtering o Antialiasing means something that they should leave as is. If doesnīt matter if it is in chinese, better not touch

nekrosoft13
05-26-07, 11:26 PM
don't translate

also another problem i had while ago in XP, when international files been forced to install on my English copy of XP. THAT WAS VERY ANNOYING

Osamar
05-28-07, 03:57 AM
Wolfhound, those are not "english terms", in spanish Anti-dentado (antialiasing), is used in printing, ceramic glassing, etc...

You are used to listen it in english, but that does not mean that correct translations does not exist in others languages (i this case spanish)

PeterJensen
05-28-07, 04:06 AM
English please :)

Demon_82
05-28-07, 10:39 AM
If my languaje, Spanish, has all the needed words to do a perfect translation without troubles, why should it be on English? Because it's first usage were on English languaje doesn't mean that a word should be left at that languaje... or are the American Navy officers calling destructores to their destroyers? Do someone out of Spain or south America say Espaņa referring to our nation? It's as simple as this, if you don't want a locally translated driver install the English one, but if you do want a translated one, it should be completely and correctly translated.

Wolfhound
06-08-07, 01:14 PM
If my languaje, Spanish, has all the needed words to do a perfect translation without troubles, why should it be on English? Because it's first usage were on English languaje doesn't mean that a word should be left at that languaje... or are the American Navy officers calling destructores to their destroyers? Do someone out of Spain or south America say Espaņa referring to our nation? It's as simple as this, if you don't want a locally translated driver install the English one, but if you do want a translated one, it should be completely and correctly translated.

I can agree with that, but some computer terms are english based so sometimes they sound very ridiculous.

Wolfhound
06-08-07, 01:16 PM
Wolfhound, those are not "english terms", in spanish Anti-dentado (antialiasing), is used in printing, ceramic glassing, etc...

You are used to listen it in english, but that does not mean that correct translations does not exist in others languages (i this case spanish)

True, probably is because Iīm used to see antialiasing nor antidentado and anisotrophic filtering nor filtrado anisotropico in the drivers and I get acostumed to them.

jolle
06-08-07, 02:57 PM
Estabilished terms since ages ago, keep em.
If you dont know what they are, other simplified terms wont help much.

Joe Public
07-22-07, 08:21 AM
Personally, it's all the same to me what language is used. I have no trouble understanding english. The native norwegian word for antialiasing is "kantutjevning", but frankly, I never use it myself. I just use the english term.

RejZoR
07-22-07, 09:28 AM
What i think is that they should ban stupid international version. Damn i hate this crap. When i noticed "antialiasing" being translated as "protiupogibanje" WTF?! (it should be "glajenje robov") i decided to protest against any kind of translations.

ASUSEN7900GTX
07-22-07, 11:01 AM
well they are in swedish or english so for me it sonīt matter i have seen the Swedish version and the english od antialiaising and anisotropicfiltrering