PDA

View Full Version : Crysis dx9 vs dx10 2 videos

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rummy
05-25-07, 12:51 AM
Jungle
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19965&type=wmv

Is this really in-game, because it looks really clean?

Giant Hunter

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=19967&type=wmv

jcrox
05-25-07, 12:55 AM
That's it...one more video of this game and I'm pulling another HL2...that's right. Breaking out the automatic rifles, storming the headquarters, stealing hard drives and playing what ever they have for the game. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!! GIMME GIMME GIMEE!!!!

wrathofgod
05-25-07, 12:56 AM
Looks like DX10 definitely has some advantages! I just wish Vista driver support was more up to par. :/

I'll still be waiting a while until I bring my gaming rig up to Vista. Alot more driver support needs done before I make Vista my main OS.

jAkUp
05-25-07, 12:57 AM
Wow, but they look like very old footage :o One nice addition in the DX10 version of the alien thingy is the smoke blows when he opens his mouth :D

six_storm
05-25-07, 01:36 AM
I don't see the difference . . .

jAkUp
05-25-07, 01:37 AM
I don't see the difference . . .

Check out the second video, the difference is night and day, actually, it seems a little TOO different.

Bokishi
05-25-07, 02:43 AM
DX10 seems slow in first vid

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-25-07, 04:27 AM
i still canīt see the obvious difference between DX9 and 10 in either of the videos sorry but i canīt

:)

K007
05-25-07, 04:42 AM
:headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode:

Redeemed
05-25-07, 04:46 AM
That is beyond impressive. I'm liking DX10 more and more. :D

BioHazZarD
05-25-07, 05:06 AM
The hunter i saw no difference at all, but it was way too short but on the jungle fight the dx10 looks different and better but still dx9 looks very nice on that video.

SlamDunk
05-25-07, 05:46 AM
Wow, but they look like very old footage :o
They are. The Hunter footage is one year old and the Jungle Fight is almost as old.

These were released by nZone: http://www.nzone.com/object/nzone_crysis_videos.html

BioHazZarD
05-25-07, 06:29 AM
Hm i missed that the 2 videos are not identical. How come? Why did he not throw a grenade in the dx9 vid? the vid should be identical if they are gonna go compare shots.

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-25-07, 06:38 AM
on the Nzone vid i see the difference even if it is by little it is more smoke a bit more fire abit more real looking smoke and fire

SLippe
05-25-07, 06:52 AM
Isn't there more vegetation in the DX10 video of Jungle? Man, I want this game...NOW!

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-25-07, 08:19 AM
yeah me too gimme the game and DX10 to XP and iīm all over the game....not gonna happen though but gimme a good working vista nd iīm game on for all that my Comp can handle heheh

SlieTheSecond
05-25-07, 08:21 AM
These videos are ooolllddd. Over a year old I believe.

I can only imagine, it looks even better by now.

Eliminator
05-25-07, 09:14 AM
i cant see how the smoke and rain effects from the dx10 hunter video cant be done in dx9... another marketing trick for vista/8800?

Tygerwoody
05-25-07, 09:43 AM
i cant see how the smoke and rain effects from the dx10 hunter video cant be done in dx9... another marketing trick for vista/8800?
this has been said time and time again

The whole point of DX10 is to allow the same affects to happen, only MUCH faster. For those effects to be done in DX9 would slow your computer to a crawl. Hell, you could run those effects in DX8 if you wanted to, but you would be watching a slideshow. DX10 makes it more efficient. An effect that takes DX9 to do in 100 lines of code, DX10 can do with fraction of that.

DX 10 doesn't really "add new visuals", it just allows us to see visuals that weren't possible in DX9 due to severe slowness issues. So in a way it really is adding new visuals, but at the same time not. Make sense?

SlamDunk
05-25-07, 10:25 AM
That's a good post Tygerwoody. If this forum had a reputation system I'd give you +rep right away :)

Badboy_12345
05-25-07, 10:42 AM
nice post Tigerwoody! :cool:

Tygerwoody
05-25-07, 10:44 AM
That's a good post Tygerwoody. If this forum had a reputation system I'd give you +rep right away :)
That would increase my standing to -99 :D

flukester
05-25-07, 10:47 AM
on the Nzone vid i see the difference even if it is by little it is more smoke a bit more fire abit more real looking smoke and fire

definitely worth $200 for the OS and $600+ for a video card... NOT! I think people just make themselves believe there is real difference. I too see very little difference in either video and definitely not enough to substantiate the costs.

When people like Carmack say DX10 is nothing and says DX10 amounts to very little, I tend to believe him.

Tygerwoody
05-25-07, 10:57 AM
definitely worth $200 for the OS and $600+ for a video card... NOT! I think people just make themselves believe there is real difference. I too see very little difference in either video and definitely not enough to substantiate the costs.

When people like Carmack say DX10 is nothing and says DX10 amounts to very little, I tend to believe him.
Carmack became irrelevant in the gaming world a long time ago.

About the "not worth $200 OS and $600 video card". For a person who doesn't want to experience a game to its fullest potential(like you), yes you are right its not worth it. For a person like me on the other hand, I like to play the games the way they are "meant to be played". My financial standing allows me to enjoy a hobby that costs me an extra $800 to get that extra little bit of enjoyment.

Eliminator
05-25-07, 11:03 AM
this has been said time and time again

The whole point of DX10 is to allow the same affects to happen, only MUCH faster. For those effects to be done in DX9 would slow your computer to a crawl. Hell, you could run those effects in DX8 if you wanted to, but you would be watching a slideshow. DX10 makes it more efficient. An effect that takes DX9 to do in 100 lines of code, DX10 can do with fraction of that.

DX 10 doesn't really "add new visuals", it just allows us to see visuals that weren't possible in DX9 due to severe slowness issues. So in a way it really is adding new visuals, but at the same time not. Make sense?
the video did not compare framerates between dx9 with effects and dx9 without those effects... those are simple smoke and rain effects... you can still do them without much performance loss