PDA

View Full Version : 2nd World in Conflict Beta Next Month!

Pages : [1] 2

MaXThReAT
05-25-07, 03:33 PM
http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/8835/32111wt4.jpg
Massive Entertainment's upcoming action-tinted real-time strategy game World in Conflict will be undergoing a closed beta test through most of next month. Set to begin June 1, the multiplayer beta will continue for approximately three weeks and will consist of several thousand players.

Access to the program will be on a first-come, first-served basis. Applications are not yet being accepted, but the game's official site will have more information in the coming days.

World in Conflict is set to ship this fall.
http://www.worldinconflict.com/index.html

Woohoo, I absolutely loved this game and I'm not big on most RTS games but this one just pulled me and I could not stop playing. I dreamed about this game.
I wonder if this will be a DX10 beta. JAkUp always kicked me and my teams ass, rushing to every base, maybe this time will be different :cool:.

jAkUp
05-25-07, 03:39 PM
OMFG AWESOME! This game was the most badass game I have played in a VERY long time.

EDIT:

Yes I am looking forward to playing your team again :D

OrangeBlast
05-25-07, 04:58 PM
Yes, finally I get my chance to play!! VERY EXCITING!!!

JohnDio
05-25-07, 05:17 PM
Closed Beta from where? Gamespot?Fileplanet? Give the source guys. I really enjoyed the first beta :D

WeReWoLf
05-26-07, 10:59 AM
Yeah, i was totally gipped about the subscriber only beta. First RTS in a while that i'm actually excited about. CNC3 was a bonus, but it didn't get me excited til i played it.

MaXThReAT
05-29-07, 02:24 PM
O man it looks like it's already full. Only 1000 keys, No freakin way.

jAkUp
05-29-07, 02:39 PM
How do I get a key??? :(

jAkUp
05-29-07, 02:43 PM
Hmmm, just read they are giving out a few more thousand in the next few days.

RAY16
05-29-07, 02:43 PM
How do I get a key??? :(

What he said. I don't see any links on the main site...

nekrosoft13
05-29-07, 02:45 PM
I got a key, can't wait :)
Beta starts tomorrow!

how?

Gnaddel
05-29-07, 03:55 PM
I won a key :)

Several german pages had 25 to give away and I've been lucky.
However, the client download I've been given isn't up yet and the beta is supposed to begin tomorrow, I hope I can download the client tonight.

jAkUp
05-29-07, 04:41 PM
I thought the beta begins June 1st?? :headexplode:

Gnaddel
05-29-07, 06:21 PM
Die Closed Beta startet am 30. Mai voraussichtlich um 19 Uhr und endet am 19. Juni.
Der Client kann bereits einige Stunden vorher heruntergeladen werden

Taken out of the email providing the future links for the client.
Which translates:

The closed beta will begin on May 30. at presumably 7PM and ends on June 19.
The client will be available for download several hours before this time.

So I guess it doesn't start on June 1st (which was the day people where talking about here, too. Perhaps they release it tomorrow because it will take some time until everybody has the client (will be a .torrent download).

jAkUp
05-30-07, 12:44 PM
I got in!!!!

jAkUp
05-30-07, 01:32 PM
They probably have not added the DX10 path yet.

Gnaddel
05-30-07, 01:50 PM
Still loading the client (600mb to go).... I wished something better than 1 mbit would be available in this village ;)

Danothemano
05-30-07, 02:33 PM
So wait, how did you guys sign up for the beta? I really want to play this.

Can someone please give me a link to the sites you got them from?

CaptNKILL
05-30-07, 03:07 PM
So wait, how did you guys sign up for the beta? I really want to play this.

Can someone please give me a link to the sites you got them from?
Seconded.

Where are you guys seeing any info about the beta?

I really want in.

OrangeBlast
05-30-07, 03:09 PM
damn, I wish I could get in. I don't know how to go about doing it. There little to no info on gamespot and I'm really not going to pay any money just to sign up and download 1 beta and HOPE that I can play. Its not worth it. Worldinconflict.com doesn't help either.

I don't get it. Some people played the original alpha and were sent an email in regards to this new closed beta. Looks like us folks will be in the dark till this friday.

madmossy
05-30-07, 05:28 PM
Not sure about signups as I was originally in the alpha so go an invite anyway.

Danothemano
05-30-07, 10:11 PM
damn, I wish I could get in. I don't know how to go about doing it. There little to no info on gamespot and I'm really not going to pay any money just to sign up and download 1 beta and HOPE that I can play. Its not worth it. Worldinconflict.com doesn't help either.

I don't get it. Some people played the original alpha and were sent an email in regards to this new closed beta. Looks like us folks will be in the dark till this friday.

I'm with you man. If GS does that dumb "Subscribers first!" thing again (which I am pretty sure they will), then I am gonna(pb)

jAkUp
05-31-07, 02:07 AM
Awesome :D Launching a nuke never felt better! Seems they improved the graphics and performance some.

Danothemano
05-31-07, 10:28 AM
Please stop making me want it more...

Tomato
05-31-07, 11:04 AM
Gosh I have been trying to get into this thing all month! I even signed up at Massive's game tester site. Is there anywhere else to drop your name to get a key? I have like nothing good to play these days and would love to test this.

Technoholic
05-31-07, 11:37 AM
:cry: I WANNA PLAY! How do you guys get the beta!! :fu: I have subscription to GameSpot, and I see nowhere to get info. :wtf: