PDA

View Full Version : BF2 Crashing to Desktop!

Pages : [1] 2

ikjadoon
05-25-07, 04:01 PM
My System:

Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.5GHz (cooled via Hyper TX @ 1.5V)
ASUS P5N-E SLI (385x9)
8800GTS @ 576/1800 via flash (158.18 WHQL)
2GB DDR2-770 (5-5-5-15 @ 2.0V)
Cooler Master Stacker 830 (4 x 120's on side, 1 x 120 on top, 1 x 120 on back)
Seagate 7200.10 320GB (Cooled by 40mm)
Enermax 620W
LITE-ON 20x DVD Burner
Vista Ultimate 64-bit

In-game settings: completely (Literally, everything: video, sound, etc.) maxed out at 1280x1024. Everything default in the profile.

Basically, Battlefield 2 crashes to the desktop. I've never gotten an error message with it. Usually it occurs near map loading/joining a server. It very very rarely crashes in a map, but I think it did once. I can run FEAR, 3DMark '06, MemTest, Super Pi, Prime 95, etc. overnight with ease. Nothing stops there...I will run 3DMark '06 again overnight to double-check because the very last time I ran it, it gave me some monitor error.

I've got UAC on (w/ BF2 at "Run as Administrator). Tried turning it off: nothing. It has always happened, ever since I installed the game. It seems more frequent now, at least 1-3 times a day.

I've got the latest drivers for my chipset, sound (from ASUS, not Realtek), and GPU. I don't dare try BETA drivers because they really screw FEAR up for me. I've tried reinstalling the game, removing the BF2 folder in My Documents, System Restore.

I've got these 'programs' running: Realtek HD Audio Manager, Sidebar x2, ScreenPrint32, Brother Status Monitor, Windows Defender, and some other Windows programs. Aero Glass is on with a .dream background using Dreamscapes.

Voltages on the 620W are within acceptable ranges, 12V is within .05V on load. V-droop on the CPU has already been fixed. Temperatures are good, if not great. In the BIOS (with whatever load that has), I get about 39C. GPU seems to be running cool, too, but I can't figure out a way to check the temperature! Ever since the 158.18's w/ new nTune, nVMonitor crashes before it even opens.

This is not a home-built, btw. Made by Overdrive PC (http://www.overdrivepc.com/). Overclocked by them, too! They are looking for a solution, but if anyone has any info, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks again!

~Ibrahim~

Crisao23
05-25-07, 07:06 PM
The only solution to it is edit the bf2.exe file and add 2GB addressing to it. But that will lead you to punkbuster kicks on MD5 checks enabled servers.

It's a easy to fix error but EA refuses to do it. I already reported the error and the solution directly to an EA representative. Til now no patch news.

hewlett
05-26-07, 09:20 AM
Aero Glass is on with a .dream background using Dreamscapes::ikjadoon
THIS is your problem! Turn user account protection off and choose a solid color background and no ativirus running, all bad for BF2

ikjadoon
05-26-07, 09:23 AM
Aero Glass is on with a .dream background using Dreamscapes::ikjadoon
THIS is your problem! Turn user account protection off and choose a solid color background and no ativirus running, all bad for BF2

Eek, I need to turn UAC off? It didn't help last time I turned it off, but I will try the solid color background.

I actually don't have an AV program, I can't find a free 64-bit one for Vista.

@Crisao

So this is a 2GB problem or a Vista problem? Because I don't think this happens in XP, does it?

~Ibrahim~

Crisao23
05-26-07, 10:38 AM
It's a problem with some 32bit apps under x64 Vista and memory management.

ikjadoon
05-26-07, 10:54 AM
It's a problem with some 32bit apps under x64 Vista and memory management.

Ah....This occurs with all amounts of memory, then?

Do you know how I can 'add' this?

~Ibrahim~

Crisao23
05-27-07, 10:42 AM
Ah....This occurs with all amounts of memory, then?

Do you know how I can 'add' this?

~Ibrahim~

Using this program (CFF Explorer) http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

Edit the .exe according to the image below (remember that this modification will get you kicked from Punksbusted MBL enabled servers.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4646/app2gbbm0zg5.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Logical
05-27-07, 12:24 PM
Try running in xp mode...........

ikjadoon
05-27-07, 09:44 PM
Using this program (CFF Explorer) http://www.ntcore.com/exsuite.php

Edit the .exe according to the image below (remember that this modification will get you kicked from Punksbusted MBL enabled servers.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4646/app2gbbm0zg5.jpg (https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/1174)

Got it. Thanks for the great instructions. Yeah, what is the point of playing if I can't play on PB-enabled servers? I've written a response to EA. Shall we make a petition of it? :D

@trix

Neat idea, I hadn't tried that...I will start today. If the memory address issue is really the problem, it shouldn't help, but I'm willing to try!

~Ibrahim~

Crisao23
05-28-07, 07:26 AM
Got it. Thanks for the great instructions. Yeah, what is the point of playing if I can't play on PB-enabled servers? I've written a response to EA. Shall we make a petition of it? :D

@trix

Neat idea, I hadn't tried that...I will start today. If the memory address issue is really the problem, it shouldn't help, but I'm willing to try!

~Ibrahim~

Punkbuster is one thing, Punksbusted or MBL enabled servers are different .

Punksbusted is an independent group with a master ban list and md5 checks (www.punksbusted.com).

ikjadoon
05-28-07, 07:56 AM
Oh, snap! I'd better not get on that list!

~Ibrahim~

Goran
05-28-07, 08:03 AM
Is the mod stopped by both Punkbuster and Punkbusted?

Crisao23
05-28-07, 10:38 AM
Only Punksbusted enabled servers or servers using MD5 checks. And it only gives you a kick not a ban.

uxmal
06-22-07, 07:37 PM
use alt + tab went the game is loading the next map before half the load

ikjadoon
06-22-07, 08:45 PM
Interesting. I've heard that improves FPS. I'll try it. Thanks for the tip, we'll see!

~Ibrahim~

RanCorX2
06-23-07, 08:01 AM
have you tried reinstalling the game?

in this order? BF2 > SF > 1.41 full > AF > EF > 1.41 full

bf2/2142 has been known to crash from not installing/patching correctly.

ikjadoon
06-23-07, 01:51 PM
have you tried reinstalling the game?

in this order? BF2 > SF > 1.41 full > AF > EF > 1.41 full

bf2/2142 has been known to crash from not installing/patching correctly.

That is actually the order I installed them in. I've reinstalled it twice, same order. See, I have BF2: Deluxe Edition. It installs BF2 w/ SF when you first install it. Then I installed the 1.41 patch right on top of it. I actually don't have AF or EF, but am thinking about getting them. Thanks for the tip, though!

The ALT-TAB has worked so far. Interestingly enough, when I forgot one map, it crashed that very load! I think this may be the solution, but I'm still going to send it over to OPC, to see if they can cook anything up.

~Ibrahim~

RanCorX2
06-24-07, 04:15 AM
no prob :)

off topic, you should get the bonus packs, they make a nice addition to the battlefield collection! plus the maps are pretty decent too, operation road rage is my favourite.

ikjadoon
06-24-07, 09:39 AM
Yeah, I'm thinking I will. It's only like $10 each.

~Ibrahim~

ikjadoon
06-25-07, 08:11 PM
OK, Alt-tab isn't fool proof. My brother (11) said he did it, but it still crashed.

~Ibrahim~

uxmal
06-25-07, 10:00 PM
you are correct i still get "Memory.dll:All alloc attempts failed for size 3770387" and went it crash i have 1997mb of ram on use :( .but if i use alt+tab i dont get crash on loading the next map

uxmal
06-25-07, 11:37 PM
since my last post I reinstall the patch 1.41 but this time I right clik the patch icon and chose to unlock and run as administrator and i have reload 3 64players maps and no crash yet not only that but my load time went down now im the first on the game and i can base rape. also i have 4 raptors on raid 0 but before it made no diference(nana2) ..I spoke to soon it crash on high setings on the 3rd roud exept on medium setinghs

ikjadoon
06-26-07, 08:57 AM
you are correct i still get "Memory.dll:All alloc attempts failed for size 3770387" and went it crash i have 1997mb of ram on use :( .but if i use alt+tab i dont get crash on loading the next map

Interesting. I've never gotten a memory error. Do they come with the crashes?

~Ibrahim~

uxmal
06-26-07, 01:57 PM
some times i get the memory error and some times is right to desktop and no warning

ikjadoon
06-26-07, 01:58 PM
How much memory do you have?

Thanks!

~Ibrahim~