PDA

View Full Version : OCZ buys PC Power and Cooling

RussianHAXOR
05-25-07, 05:48 PM
http://theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=39879

kevJ420
05-25-07, 06:12 PM
I'll be damned.

Why was pc power having financial trouble?

I guess the enermax dxx is the best psu now.

kevJ420
05-25-07, 06:14 PM
i just noticed the price of their 1kw-sr went way down.

jAkUp
05-25-07, 06:20 PM
Wow

OrangeBlast
05-25-07, 06:21 PM
hrm, didn't see this coming.

Slammin
05-25-07, 07:13 PM
Whoah!

I suddenly don't feel so 'leet'..

But then again, I also have two machines running happily with OCZ PS520's too :D

Still, this is surprising, but how much does it really mean when you consider some Seasonic models have the same parts/design as PP&C too.

A merger?

kevJ420
05-25-07, 07:51 PM
Whoah!

But then again, I also have two machines running happily with OCZ PS520's too :D

Still, this is surprising, but how much does it really mean when you consider some Seasonic models have the same parts/design as PP&C too.A merger?

some seasonic models don't have the same parts/design as PC P&C.
so suppose you buy a seasonic hoping that it'll be like a pc power, and then it's like a damn antec psu?

But don't quote me on this, b/c I've only liked pc power psu's so that's really all I know about other than that enermax is the best now w/ it's DXX.

Bearclaw
05-25-07, 07:54 PM
so suppose you buy a seasonic hoping that it'll be like a pc power, and then it's like a damn antec psu?

But don't quote me on this, b/c I've only liked pc power psu's so that's really all I know about other than that enermax is the best now w/ it's DXX.
I wonder how long it will take before someone adds that to their sig.

RussianHAXOR
05-25-07, 08:09 PM
I feel 1337 knowing it first.

A101Sugar
05-25-07, 08:35 PM
hmm... I just bought a PC Power and Cooling 850watt SSI from rudedog...

I wonder if this affects me in anyway.........

|MaguS|
05-25-07, 08:38 PM
Silverstone & Seasonic > OCZ & PCP&C

Atleast in my opinion, PCP&C makes reliable PSUs but man do they generate alot of heat and noise... Both Silverstone and Seasonic have lately been able to match them without the negative side affects.

buffbiff21
05-25-07, 08:42 PM
:lol:

Inq?

Sazar
05-25-07, 09:07 PM
http://www.pcpower.com/img/header/pcpc-logo.gif

Dunno bout that buff :)

http://www.pcpower.com/about/whatsnew/index.php#6

einstein_314
05-25-07, 09:19 PM

Atleast in my opinion, PCP&C makes reliable PSUs but man do they generate alot of heat and noise... Both Silverstone and Seasonic have lately been able to match them without the negative side affects.
My PCP&C 750W Silencer is dead silent. I have never heard it make a noise. And there's not much heat coming out the back. The bigger ones (like the 1KW one) I've heard are what you said, noisy and hot. But these silencers get the :thumbsup: from me.

RussianHAXOR
05-25-07, 09:47 PM
:lol:

Inq?

I knew before INQ posted. :D

Mangler
05-26-07, 11:07 AM
Whoah!

Still, this is surprising, but how much does it really mean when you consider some Seasonic models have the same parts/design as PP&C too.

A merger?

It's more like this, some pp&c models have seasonic parts, not the other way around, some pp&c models were rebranded seasonic psus

Q
05-26-07, 11:11 AM

QFT. I'll take a good Silverstone or Seasonic over OCZ or PCPC any day. I like my machine to perform like a high powered jet, not sound like or produce the heat of one.

Sazar
05-26-07, 11:15 AM
PC P and C have typically had and continue to have some of the most solid rails on the market.

Noise is an issue sometimes but, I like solid volts :cool:

|MaguS|
05-26-07, 11:24 AM
PC P and C have typically had and continue to have some of the most solid rails on the market.

Noise is an issue sometimes but, I like solid volts :cool:

Same can be said about Silverstone and Seasonic... without the noise...

Mangler
05-26-07, 11:26 AM

The PC Power & Cooling Silencer model is made by seasonic, I think it's safe to say that some seasonic psu does have the same parts.

I would not be suprised if the silencer have the same part as seasonics other "quadrail psus"

fasedww
05-28-07, 08:29 AM
The PC Power & Cooling Silencer model is made by seasonic, I think it's safe to say that some seasonic psu does have the same parts.

I would not be suprised if the silencer have the same part as seasonics other "quadrail psus"PCPC 750 quad is a 60 amp Single rail, which I like better than quad rails.:D

john19055
05-28-07, 10:11 AM
I will stick with my SilverStone ,they have never gave me any problems .

kevJ420
05-28-07, 10:31 AM
**** seasonic, silverstone, and pc power (now that they're owned by ocz.)

Enermax dxx galaxy is the best now.

muaddib
05-28-07, 11:19 AM
Wow! That's great...
Those PC P&C will be finally available in my country. Although I think I won't be able to afford them anyway :) I am pretty sure that this deal will cause some price drops (I hope).

I am locked on the TurboCool 1KW-SR because it is the beefiest single 12V rail, home user level PSU ever (If I won't get lucky getting this, there is always the Zippy 700w)... Its heat and noise (and price) will be a bit of pain, but I really don't like these multiple rails.
And what kind of UPS you need to get in order to support this monster?

Will this deal make PC P&C rename some of their products / change their products or product's boxes?

EDIT: This upcoming Silverstone Olympia OP1200 sure looks amazing! 90A @ single 12V Rail!!! I bet it will be cheaper, cooler and quieter than the PC P&C 1K... But will it be as reliable and powerful? I do not think Silverstone are up to PC P&C (that make PSUs for over 20 years and are certified to be top tier manufacture by everyone) qualities...

Thanks.