PDA

View Full Version : do you notice a difference in controller port speeds?

kevJ420
05-25-07, 07:11 PM
I was just on gametap and I was playing castlevania bloodlines, which as you know is a genesis game, w/ my microsoft usb keyboard.

I was tearing thru the game like never before, I noticed the response time was so much faster than the classic 9 pin ports on the genesis.

The 3do used the same ports as the genesis, which were created by Atari, or at least they had the rights to them, and in typical tramiel fashion they filed a lawsuit against sega, and they exchanged patents, but Atari went under, so that deal never was.

But in any event, I know that the super nes controller ports are faster than the genesis ones.

Not only that, the first genesis in my household broke by method of a pin falling out.

I also believe the nintendo 64 and gamecube have the slowest ports a console ever had.

Has anyone else ever noticed that the n64 had some slow-ass mother-****in ports?

|MaguS|
05-25-07, 07:56 PM
no theres no difference, your just a ****ing idiot.

Peoples-Agent
05-25-07, 08:27 PM
Who actually gives a damn?

Has anyone noticed how the price of beef jerky has gone down?

Wolfhound
05-25-07, 08:33 PM
Who actually gives a damn?

Has anyone noticed how the price of beef jerky has gone down?

Yeah, I noticed it.. think is far more interesting than controller ports speed

kevJ420
05-25-07, 08:37 PM
no theres no difference, your just a ****ing idiot.

I may be an idiot, but not for that.

controller ports have a rated response time.

The super nes is documented to have a controller response time of 16 ms, see gamefaqs hw faq if proof is needed.

Nintendo said that the super nes ports were faster than the genesis ones.

there's a difference between usb and ps/2. The polling rate is much faster with usb, anyone who uses a razer copperhead can tell a huge difference over a ps/2 device.

the n64 was cheap, so since they had 4 controller ports, they probably were slower, since the n64 was cheap.

also, when you play nba jam on the super nes, you can tell the difference between the genesis version, and also hangtime for the n64. The genesis, (which is documented to have slow ports) and n64 require far more intense mashing than the super nes does. It's very prevalent when you're trying to have the ball first.

Wolfhound
05-25-07, 08:40 PM
I may be an idiot, but not for that.

controller ports have a rated response time.

The super nes is documented to have a controller response time of 16 ms, see gamefaqs hw faq if proof is needed.

Nintendo said that the super nes ports were faster than the genesis ones.

there's a difference between usb and ps/2. The polling rate is much faster with usb, anyone who uses a razer copperhead can tell a huge difference over a ps/2 device.

the n64 was cheap, so since they had 4 controller ports, they probably were slower, since the n64 was cheap.

also, when you play nba jam on the super nes, you can tell the difference between the genesis version, and also hangtime for the n64. The genesis, (which is documented to have slow ports) and n64 require far more intense mashing than the super nes does. It's very prevalent when you're trying to have the ball first.

:wtf: there are more important things in life than port speed on console controllers, think on it....