PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade advice wanted.

hirantha
05-25-07, 11:04 PM
ok money is not a problem and my question is..
Ө should i wait and upgrade to DDR3 and get ready for intel 1.3Ghz Bus chip and get Vista or (maybe Nvidia will be coming out with a brand new chipset for intel)
Ө buy an 680i board go SLI, another 2GB RAM and get Vista and upgrade again maybe in another 6 months (more like Next January)

you all know the best, let me know what you guys think is best.

Thanx in Advance!

v3rninater
05-26-07, 02:32 AM
Right now this second, go with option 2. Get two ultras tho. Otherwise wait awhile and by that, I mean a whhhhile. DDR3 won't be good until probably 2008. Then prices will be what they should be and the support will be there as well. The high end stuff out now is reeally freakin good and will be here awhile.

hirantha
05-26-07, 06:40 AM
Right now this second, go with option 2. Get two ultras tho. Otherwise wait awhile and by that, I mean a whhhhile. DDR3 won't be good until probably 2008. Then prices will be what they should be and the support will be there as well. The high end stuff out now is reeally freakin good and will be here awhile.
the way freaking technology works and advances don't know which will last how long.. you are right maybe the second choice is my best bet right now.

Absolution
05-26-07, 02:57 PM
ddr2 is cheap as hell and will continue to be so, ddr3 will be super expensive + you'd have to wait

option2