PDA

View Full Version : Desperate for answers.

Inzom
05-26-07, 09:18 AM
I keep getting these things when playing games, at first i thought it was just this one game in perticular that was unstable but now i get this in aquamark also.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/Inzom/WoWScrnShot_052507_181200.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/Inzom/WoWScrnShot_052507_181154.jpg
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u196/Inzom/WoWScrnShot_052507_181147.jpg

Help appreciated.

EDIT: Forgot to mention im using a 8800gts with the latest forceware and nforce drivers. This appears in both overclocked and factory settings.

ATOJAR
05-26-07, 09:37 AM
you tried a fresh driver install? try uninstalling the drivers then run driver cleaner pro in safe mode and try re installing the v106.03 drivers.

SLippe
05-26-07, 10:08 AM
Wow, that's jacked! We assume you're running XP, correct?

Inzom
05-26-07, 10:18 AM
Yes indeed i am running XP. I tried a complete nvidia uninstall with Driver Cleaner Pro (1.5) I didnt run it in safemode tho. Guess thats my next step.

EDIT: Problem still there after safemode cleaning and everything. Could this be a memory or cpu-problem and not related to my graphicscard maybe? since these arent artefacts from what i can tell, more like corrupt or misplaced textures. Also, in Aquamark menu´s it crashes to a point where its not recognizable without really freezing the pc. Sometimes the PC freezes tho.

OWA
05-26-07, 12:46 PM
If you're overclocking your system, return it to factory settings also to see if that helps. Also, have you tried underclocking the GTS to see how that goes?

grey_1
05-26-07, 12:53 PM
First thing I would do is get those images, maybe a couple from other games, to the manufacturers tech support. Start building a cause for rma if need be.

Use Rivatuner (http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?page=rivatuner) to record your temps while playing.

My first thought was bad ram on that card, could be wrong.

Any indications of problems while not gaming? mouse freezing etc?

Toss3
05-26-07, 01:31 PM
Hmm looks more like a game-specific bug than anything else; memory errors usually cause more of a distortion rather than texture bugs. Do you get this in any other game? I'd check the temps too and if nothing helps - reinstall windows and the game. :)

john19055
05-26-07, 07:15 PM
Have you tried running a different game and see if you get the same thing or a benchmark like 3DMark06.It looks like a driver problem to me .

mynakedrat
05-26-07, 07:50 PM
that only does it for me when i mod an esiting game, or a ptach goes wrong. seen it on splinter cell, oblivion stalker. you have to do advanced yuser things that i wont go into here to get rid of the files for the games, and mods, and then fresh install. fun stuff reall. mine was all mini maps for all my textures. nice yours looks like a little red cross help meeeee sign.
oh yeah, my video card never had to be rma;ed . works fine, app specific i believe, or driver. or spywareism

stevemedes
05-26-07, 11:17 PM
I LIEK THAT GAMES GRAPHICS

Rummy
05-26-07, 11:52 PM
I LIEK THAT GAMES GRAPHICS

don't you mean gRaFix:)

Toss3
05-27-07, 04:55 AM
don't you mean gRaFix:)
But when I say a game looks good, I don't take the graphics into consideration. [/Kevpla] :rolleyes:

Madpistol
05-27-07, 09:11 AM
But when I say a game looks good, I don't take the graphics into consideration. [/Kevpla] :rolleyes:

You sooooo screwed that one up. (see my sig) ;)

Wow... those "grafix" are screwed up. I wonder what the problem could be...

Toss3
05-27-07, 09:24 AM
You sooooo screwed that one up. (see my sig) ;)

Wow... those "grafix" are screwed up. I wonder what the problem could be...
You know, I acutally knew I changed it! ;) We were talking about the graphics and I thought that would be something kevpla might say. :) Kevpla sure has his unforgettable moments, like the one where he said God wanted people to suck his dick or something(and of course the classical quote in your sig!)... :D

Sycario
05-27-07, 09:47 AM
Ever since the new patch (2.1.0), I have been having texture problems. Most of the time it is white flashing textures. It's extremely annoying.

Madpistol
05-27-07, 11:55 AM
You know, I acutally knew I changed it! ;) We were talking about the graphics and I thought that would be something kevpla might say. :) Kevpla sure has his unforgettable moments, like the one where he said God wanted people to suck his dick or something(and of course the classical quote in your sig!)... :D

Yea, that's kind of what I figured... And who seriously says God wants people to suck his dick? :rolleyes:

But yea, I see what you're saying. ;)