PDA

View Full Version : Supreme Commander Patch

Pages : [1] 2

nekrosoft13
05-26-07, 11:18 PM
Greetings,

Kent McNall here (GPGnet producer), and I'm thrilled to announce the release of the most recent Supreme Commander patch, which updates the game to version 1.5.3251. The feedback from the Supreme Commander community has been outstanding, and everyone's really excited about the great package of new features, fixes and game optimizations the Supreme Commander team has put together.

Detailed patch notes for some of the major changes are at the bottom of this newsletter (all of the patch notes can be accessed via GPGnet), but here are some highlights:
• A new "No Rush" mode for custom multiplayer games
• A new "Cartographic" map view for your second monitor
• Substantial performance increases for most PCs• "Attack Here", "Move Here" and "Custom" map markers for team-based games
• Numerous UI improvements
• Highly tested and "User Approved" game balance improvements
With this patch, Supreme Commander moves into high gear. The quotes from our fans tell the story well:
"The new performance is insane!" - Lunargirl

"I was amazed at how smooth the game is now. Great job, GPG!" - Coerzium

"Yeeha" - Aralez

"Curse you, GPG. I was planning to sleep tonight!" - liku

"Yes! O yes, yes, yesidy, yes, yes!" - frenchemn77
To obtain the Supreme Commander patch, simply log in to GPGnet, and it will automatically download and install.

If it's been a while since you logged into GPGnet, or if you had some initial problems playing Supreme Commander, it's time to pay us another visit! With these updates, we've made countless fixes and increased performance so that everyone can enjoy the unique Supreme Commander experience.

We're eager to welcome you online into the best RTS community there is. Come join us!

Best Wishes,

Kent McNall
"Son Of Shagrat"
GPGnet Producer

SOURCE: E-MAIL

Madpistol
05-27-07, 12:18 AM
DLing now.

Lets see if this patch is as good as it's hyped up to be.

$n][pErMan
05-27-07, 12:59 AM
I just saw this today myself. I never had any performance issues anyway so hopefully they did not dumb down anything or screw something up :) I do love the game though! :D The only patch I care about will be the one with DX 10 in it! :D

Madpistol
05-27-07, 01:00 AM
Wow... amazing.

From what I can tell, performance on my P4 system seemingly DOUBLED from where it was before this patch. The game is smoother and seems to work much more mechanically than it did before, which is absolutely awesome!

I can even run the settings @ medium now and get the same performance that I was getting w/ low before the patch.

Absolutely astounding. I'm not sure what they did with this patch, but it worked. :D

crainger
05-27-07, 01:15 AM
[pErMan']I just saw this today myself. I never had any performance issues anyway so hopefully they did not dumb down anything or screw something up :) I do love the game though! :D The only patch I care about will be the one with DX 10 in it! :D

There isn't going to be a DX10 for SupCom. http://www.joystiq.com/2007/05/22/no-directx-10-update-for-supreme-commander/

I've yet to reinstall since moving to Vista, so I might get in and do that now, see if this patch atleast nets me performance equal to XP.

Bokishi
05-27-07, 02:03 AM
Anyone got any mirrors to the new patch?

Viral
05-27-07, 07:22 AM
Great performance increase!

Q
05-27-07, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know if the "units stop moving if too many build orders are issued" pathfinding glitch is fixed with this patch?

superklye
05-27-07, 10:04 AM
What happened to this big graphics update patch?

Bokishi
05-27-07, 02:49 PM
nvm about the mirror, I was looking for a 1.5.3251, when it was actually a 1.1.3251

radekhulan
05-27-07, 03:15 PM
Huh, updated to latest patch and my savegames are not compatible. This is becoming too common, and very irritating. Are gaming companies expecting us starting new game with every single new patch?!!

Trademark
05-27-07, 04:11 PM
Wow... amazing.

From what I can tell, performance on my P4 system seemingly DOUBLED from where it was before this patch. The game is smoother and seems to work much more mechanically than it did before, which is absolutely awesome!

I can even run the settings @ medium now and get the same performance that I was getting w/ low before the patch.

Absolutely astounding. I'm not sure what they did with this patch, but it worked. :D
Sounds good, will try it on my old pc later

crainger
05-27-07, 06:24 PM
What happened to this big graphics update patch?

Not gonna happen as they burnt themselves out trying to fix your spinning map.

superklye
05-27-07, 07:36 PM
Not gonna happen as they burnt themselves out trying to fix your spinning map.
I still have no idea what caused that. A reinstall of Windows fixed the problem though...

:rolleyes2

crainger
05-27-07, 07:47 PM
It's a problem called Dizzy OS. Happens when the HDD spins to fast, usually only found with 15 000 RPM drives.

superklye
05-27-07, 07:57 PM
I bet if I was running Linux it wouldn't have happened.

Tr1cK
05-28-07, 12:24 AM
Anybody else run this on dual monitors?

Bokishi
05-28-07, 01:17 AM
I'm not noticing any performance gain from SLI, yet I see an SLI profile in the control panel for Supreme Commander, whys that

crainger
05-28-07, 01:21 AM
Anybody else run this on dual monitors?

No, my rig is no way upto that task. Especially with the way the minimap works, which is basically another mini screen.

Why? Are you? Is any one? :D

MUYA
05-28-07, 01:26 AM
Is this game CPU limited or..? Got this game with my Gigabyte 8800 GTX..wondering if it s game I should bother with.

CUrrently having a ball with STALKER, Rainbow Six and Cricket 2007 :p

Tr1cK
05-28-07, 11:15 AM
No, my rig is no way upto that task. Especially with the way the minimap works, which is basically another mini screen.

Why? Are you? Is any one? :D

It runs the map on my secondary monitor. I just love how this is implemented and wish more games followed suit.

$n][pErMan
05-28-07, 11:40 AM
Is the bloom option new? Or has it been so long sense I looked in the settings I forgot about it? lol

Madpistol
05-28-07, 03:42 PM
[pErMan']Is the bloom option new? Or has it been so long sense I looked in the settings I forgot about it? lol

Yea. I did not notice that option before this patch. That must be the great graphical upgrade.

crainger
05-28-07, 04:52 PM
If Mike89 plays this he will be so happy with the new bloom feature. :D

ASUSEN7900GTX
05-28-07, 07:47 PM
where can this patch be found