PDA

View Full Version : BIOS Woes

digiport
05-27-07, 09:01 AM
Alright here is where my problem began.

I was running WoW(I notice the problem in this game because I play it the most) and would have a few different things happen to me. Sometimes the system would simply lock up. Sometimes it would bluescreen. Sometimes the game would simply crash.

I figured this was a driver conflict in vista. Updated drivers same problem. I figure, screw this I'm going back to XP. I can't load the raid drivers into XP, it doesn't complete the process and thus, XP won't install correctly.

I was going to just disable raid and move forward, I can't get into my BIOS. I hold the delete key until it enters the boot process and it never works. I try xpressrecover2 and it won't work. I can however get the boot menu to load up.

I'm using the nforce 590. I'm running a geforce 8800 GTS 640MB.

Is anyone having similar problems or can anyone maybe tell me what I can do to get into my BIOS? This is driving me crazy!

XDanger
05-27-07, 08:54 PM
If all else fails reset the cmos jumper if ide is the default it might work????.

john19055
05-28-07, 09:52 AM
That is what I would do ,Unplung from the wall and take out your battery and reset your CMOS and you should be able to get back in the BIOS ,if not then your board has problems

Trademark
05-28-07, 10:53 AM
You have to tap the del button not hold it during the POST