PDA

View Full Version : Plug & Play Questions in bios inable or disable?

Digital_Trans
05-28-07, 01:47 AM
I was wanting to know for the record if the following setting in the system bios should be inabled or disabled > PCI PnP Plug & Play O/S Yes or No?

Trademark
05-28-07, 02:11 AM
It's off on my asus p4p800s/asus cubx/asus p4b and plug and play works just fine, just turn it plug and play os in bios off.

Bearclaw
05-28-07, 02:42 AM
I have it on in mine.

Digital_Trans
05-29-07, 10:58 PM
It looks like some inable it and some don't. I would assume since Windows Vista is a plug and play OS to inable that feature in the system bios. I myself have always disabled it which never has created any problems to date.

rewt
05-30-07, 07:10 AM
By Microsoft support details I'd say it is best to leave it enabled. This lets the OS have more control over devices.

The original intent for designing this option was to give Microsoft Windows versions 95 and 98 more freedom to adjust hardware configurations. By default, these operating systems would never move a device configured at startup for fear of breaking a DOS driver. Later versions of Windows also typically leave BIOS-configured hardware alone, even if the BIOS placed the hardware in a less than optimal configuration. This is because moving such hardware frequently exposes latent bugs in the BIOS.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321779