PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Nvidia make a decent Control Pannel

john19055
05-28-07, 10:28 AM
I liked the old control Pannel it was easy and you could see evething ,Now they come out with the new one which is a piece of junk ,and now they have another one that is even worst,I wish they would just go back to the old Control pannel and have it where coolbits works ,it let you overclock ,show your tempertures ,let you control your refresh ,plus it had a game profile that worked most of the time ,I did'nt mind the new one so bad until they started makeing you install ntune to overclock or fan controls and tempertures.

flukester
05-28-07, 10:50 AM
Yeah have to agree, however I hardly ever use the control panels at all. I don't overclock or mess my game profiles. I don't really like the new control panel. I remember when ATI changed their control panel, I thought it sucked too. I don't like ntune at all and having this as a requirement to get other features is really lousy.. :thumbdwn:

Toss3
05-28-07, 10:55 AM
I don't get why they can't move back to the old control panel again, either. The new one sucks, even more so than ATI's. Luckily I've got some old drivers and I'm able to use the old one instead of the new.

kevJ420
05-28-07, 11:32 AM
i thought microsoft wanted them to change it for windows vista.

could be imagining that, but I could've sworn I heard that.

loafer87gt
05-28-07, 04:06 PM
Here here! If you are doing any sort of graphics work or video editing, the new color controls are absolutely useless. This, along with the broken TV out, absense of temperature and fan controls, make the new control panel seem like a real step backwards.

nekrosoft13
05-28-07, 04:26 PM
when i use nHancer, i don't care about the standard control panel

sniggle
05-28-07, 11:58 PM
I think the very latest control panel is MUCH better than the other "new" garbage they came out with initially. I still prefer the old control panel better, but I appreciate that they're trying to make improvements like the live 3D preview of quality settings for the consumers that are not 3D gurus like many of us are. I'm sure it will improve greatly over the next few months, much like ATI's CCC did.

mullet
05-29-07, 12:26 AM
I really liked the new ATI CCC it was nice and had the temp reading in there I hate Ntune.

F_L_C
05-29-07, 12:43 AM
The threadmaker's observations are 100% corrrect. Instead of streamlining the user interface, they have done the exact opposite. They have actually added complexity by requiring yet another program (ntune, which was originally designed to tweak nforce2 mobos) to do fundamentals such as OCing and temp monitoring. I find it totally assinine to devote any more time to this failed project and they should concentrate on the driver, not the interface.

Slammin
05-29-07, 01:53 AM
I don't mind it. I use rivatuner for fan control and OC and the new CP itself does kinda grow on ya after awhile.

Really, I've almost forgotten what the old one looked like.

RejZoR
05-29-07, 03:41 AM
New panel is ok, whats main problem is that it's full of bugs, lacks features that were there before and they separated some basic stuff and stuffed it into ****ty nTune. Why the f**k, when old feature set was excellent!?!!? As an apps interface guru i just don't get it at all. Overclocking at least worked in old ForceWare and you had nice temperature monitor there, but ever since they seperated this it hasn't worked properly for me. Can't overclock much, settings keep on reseting back to default, constantly nagging that it has failed to OC, ATiTool on the other hand can OC way higher without probs etc etc. And not to mention whole bunch of stuff in nTune just doesn't work at all. Another weirdest decision i've ver seen. Makes me wonder who's the idiot at NVIDIA responsible for this stupid mess...

glObalist
05-29-07, 06:20 AM
Any way to enable the classic CP with the new drivers perhaps?

Shaitan
05-29-07, 09:54 AM
The new panel is sh*t man. lol

Joe Public
05-30-07, 06:52 AM
Pisses me off that so much software has to be "improved" with bloated graphical UIs just to make them look "cool" and "futuristic". Ok, that probably impresses some of the average guys in the street, but I would have liked the option of retaining the old stuff. Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I'm satisfied with simplicity and functionality. The first thing I do after installing Windows is turn off all the eye candy garbage.

retsam
05-30-07, 06:56 AM
nvidia should have a contest to see who can make the best control panel and give away an uber SLI system to the winner....lol

jcrox
05-30-07, 08:18 AM
nvidia should have a contest to see who can make the best control panel and give away an uber SLI system to the winner....lol

+1

DJB
05-30-07, 09:12 PM
They could just pay Unwinder to write a new control panel for them.

DJB

Greasy
05-30-07, 10:37 PM
The latest version isn't half bad. I actually like it. The previous "updated version" sucked big time.

This doesn't look bad to me at all. It also seems very user friendly to me as well.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/8360/cphe5.png

john19055
06-01-07, 05:36 AM
But it does'nt have you tempertures and I can't get none of the game profiles to work right ,plus it still tell you to install ntune for your fan and temperture control.Just give me something simple and easy not complex and not work .I just use RivaTuner and Nhancer.

Athena
06-05-07, 04:19 PM
current Nvidia control panel still sucks. they have a complete moron working on it. that is the only reason it is as bad as it is. but the really scary thing is. who is the tool that ok's his work and sends it out the door for us all to down load and install. he should be fired right away. that may be cruel but that kind of low quality work would never pass at my company.

Dragunov
06-05-07, 05:01 PM
Well in the past I had a 9800XT and when they released CCC, there was alot of negative response to it...

Myself, I liked it very much, was very clean and such

Almost everybody was negative about it, especially when they used .net framework for it, but Nvidia better did as ATI did, cause now with Vista, Nvidia needs to make a CP using .NET, while ATI already has this CP

About the looks and feels, I like the Nvidia CP, also the tool nTune, maybe cause I have a 680i mainboard...

But yes, Nvidia can still improve their CP, add GPU/memory OC and temperature readings to the CP, I hope in the future we gonna see a CP the way ATI has with CCC

FlakMagnet
06-06-07, 08:53 AM
I find it absolutely amazing how a company as huge as nVidia, with a large percentage of the graphics card market, can't make functional and very good looking software. As others have pointed out, a lot of the functionality either doesn't work, or is missing from the new CP.

Surely they could spend just a few more $s and get this sorted out???

Come on nVidia, you are letting us and yourselves down!

Crow_Nest
06-15-07, 06:11 AM
NVIDIA shouldnt have changed the control panel. The old one was so much easier to navigate. The very least they could do is to at least give you the option to switch back to the old one if you wish, like what they did in the older drivers. Now we're forever stuck with the new one.

shoes
06-16-07, 02:06 PM
Why can't someone dev new drivers into the old CP like NGO HQ does with ATI cats? And do it totally without any of the new CP in the IU?

ynnek
06-16-07, 02:30 PM
NVIDIA shouldnt have changed the control panel. The old one was so much easier to navigate. The very least they could do is to at least give you the option to switch back to the old one if you wish, like what they did in the older drivers. Now we're forever stuck with the new one.

I used to feel the same way, until they started displaying the task list right out on the left.. IMO, its now just as easy to navigate.