PDA

View Full Version : Any vista drivers without nvlddmkm error or bsods yet??

silverstonec2d
05-28-07, 03:16 PM
This is my first thread at this forum. I've been reading here for a while since i got my 8800 a few months back. Anyways, like a lot of people i'm having some driver problems with windows vista. The difference is what happens to me doesn't seem to be happening to other people on here. Basically, with the 100.65 and 101.41 drivers, i get the now famous nvlddmkm error stating the video adapter has encountered a problem but has successfully recovered loop. This mainly happens when i try to play tiberium wars. Sometimes it just happens in windows itself while on the net. Once i get one, it just keeps happening over and over until i can reboot only to start again later or another day. Here's where it gets strange, with the 101.70, 158.18, 158.24, 158.43, and 165.01 drivers, i get a bsod on a cold boot like every 3rd or 4th boot. I don't get bsods once i'm in windows itself. With the newer drivers, however, i no longer get the nvldd.... errors. With older drivers, nvldd errors, but no bsods. I always remove drivers manually, boot into safe mode and run driver cleaner, then install normally. This never happened before I installed vista with the same hardware. My bsods are almost always irql not less than equal errors. I figured it was the drivers causing bsods because if i go back to 101.41 i can go for days and days without one, but the nvlddmkm errors return. So i'm stuck on picking which is worse. BTW, does windows only assign address space for hardware with cold boot because i have yet to get a bsod on a warm boot.

silverstonec2d
05-30-07, 06:27 PM
Does anyone have any ideas??

mynakedrat
05-30-07, 07:58 PM
i got those errors twice. once when i forced settings in the bios. and another was before my power supply failed. it took about a month to fail, but that was the error before it took the hdd with it :)

grey_1
05-30-07, 08:06 PM
I don't know if this will help you or not. I haven't had that error at all though, so maybe.

Uninstall your drivers from the device manager. If left over, remove the nvidia folder containing them before reboot, then reboot into safe mode.

Cancel windows detection, navigate to C:>WINDOWS>System32 and manually delete all the nvidia driver bits left over, there's around 20 or so left after uninstall. Hovering your mouse over each will tell you what it is. Sorry if you know this btw..I don't know your level of expertise..could probably teach me a bit. :o

Reboot and install new drivers. 158.43s are rock solid for me on 64bit.

Good luck!

nekrosoft13
05-30-07, 08:17 PM
last time i had that error was in 100.30, i think.

hey what was the first vista driver for 8800?

grey_1
05-30-07, 08:24 PM
last time i had that error was in 100.30, i think.

hey what was the first vista driver for 8800?
101.10? Not sure but that sounds familiar.

silverstonec2d
06-01-07, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the input. I'll have to give grey_1's idea a try later and hope it works.

Greeno
06-04-07, 07:06 AM
100.30 was the first, quickly followed by 100.50 I think. I remember the Inq creaming themselves over it.

Logical
06-04-07, 09:06 AM
Almost the same setup as i have m8 and i got rid of the same errors by changing the memory from c5d to the 800mhz c4d........

Before you do that though try disabling the sli ready mem and have it underclocked to 800mhz (like the c4d) if you dont get the problem after that you know its the memory....... hope this helps as this error got on my nerves for weeks.......

mynakedrat
06-05-07, 08:58 PM
158.45 works well

OMGLAZERGUNSGOP
06-25-07, 01:07 AM
:devil:

I'm 100% convinced it's a memory issue where downclocking slows the symptoms down.

I'm sure mobo makers will be issuing some new bios soon as well as M$ and Nvidia. Though looking how long this thread is I'm glad I wasn't on the boat back then I'd have no hair left.

Question to Evga Support
Question (6/24/2007 3:20:59 AM): Linked SLI read OCZ ram at 1066 FSB causes "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered" when I unlink the ram and cpu and set to auto which defaults at 800mhz for the RAM and 1066 for CPU and I up the voltage on the memory from 1.8 to 1.85 and FSB voltages from 1.2 to 1.25 (not sure if voltage change was necessary just read in other threads helped) I have gamed for hours now on all my games with no errors or crashes. Please fix this so I may use my ready link again and up my ram FSB Thank You

Answered By Gabriel P (6/24/2007 9:14:32 AM): Hello Matthew, the issue may be stemming from either the bios not handling the ram at that speed correctly, the os or the ram causing an error at that speed conflicting with the videocard driver, try flashing your bios again to the p28 version up the speed to 1066 and do not enable SLI memory and manually set the timings and voltage.