PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid 4 coming to XBOX 360 in 2008?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ruined
05-29-07, 06:37 AM
From gaming site "Destructoid":

http://www.destructoid.com/mgs4-is-coming-to-the-xbox-360-updated-for-internet-mattlockery--31775.phtml

Just like Grand Theft Auto 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Assassin's Creed, and Devil May Cry 4, it looks like another former PS3 exclusive may be making its way to 360!

This individual has in the past leaked detailed info about the 360 Elite, Halo 3 public Beta, and other MS-related stuff as he claims to have access to an MS insider. He states that MGS4 will be released to 360 in 2008, 1 year after its release on PS3; apparently Konami/Sony have a 1 year exclusivity contract on PS3, then MGS4 goes multiplatform. Microsoft is apparently wheeling an dealing in attempt to reduce this to 6 months or shorter, but 1 year after PS3 release & 2008 look like the most likely scenario at this point in time. He states this has been confirmed by his MS source.

EDIT: It looks like Sony's lawyers forced him to take down his info! Luckily if you know how to rhyme you can still read it :)

Mr. Hunt
05-29-07, 06:55 AM
Except isn't MGS4 scheduled for March 08 now? So one year later would be March 09...

ENU291
05-29-07, 08:21 AM
Except isn't MGS4 scheduled for March 08 now? So one year later would be March 09...
March 08? Where did you read that Hunt?

Amuro
05-29-07, 08:26 AM
March 08? Where did you read that Hunt?
I read it from ign.
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/790/790721p1.html

ENU291
05-29-07, 08:34 AM
Thanks Amuro but that doesn't state that MGS4 is DEFINITELY coming in March 08... more like sometime before March 08. So if MGS4 and FFVIII are 08 titles then what major exclusives are on track for 07 on the PS3?

Amuro
05-29-07, 09:05 AM
Thanks Amuro but that doesn't state that MGS4 is DEFINITELY coming in March 08... more like sometime before March 08. So if MGS4 and FFVIII are 08 titles then what major exclusives are on track for 07 on the PS3?
Yeah, but gamestop just moved their ETA from November 2007 to 3/1/2008.

Marvel_us
05-29-07, 09:50 AM

Ummm...did you not see Sony's Gamers Day?

Lair, Uncharted, R&C, Folklore, Heavenly Sword and Warhawk are scheduled for 2007.

I can tell you for a fact that Warhawk will not disappoint. That game is very addictive and fun.

Lyme
05-29-07, 11:54 AM
MGS for anything other than the playstation? What is the world coming to? I'm going to treat this as a rumour until it is offically announced. I've mentioned a number of times the ps3 is having issues with market penetration, and developers for ps3 games must have a hit to make money. These days with high development costs, even a hit sometimes isn't enough to break even when your market is still comparatively small.

Ryeyoo
05-29-07, 12:32 PM
You know MGS2 was actually eventually ported to xbox and gamecube had a MGS(snake eater i think?). MGS2 was even on pc at one point. All that matters is if ps3 gets the game a full year ahead.

Mr. Hunt
05-29-07, 01:00 PM
You know MGS2 was actually eventually ported to xbox and gamecube had a MGS(snake eater i think?). MGS2 was even on pc at one point. All that matters is if ps3 gets the game a full year ahead.

Yeah MGS2 Substance was on the Xbox and sold like crap (and ran like crap at certain parts to boot). The one on Gamecube was Metal Gear Solid : The Twin Snakes, which was a remake of the original and while I thought it was good, many hated it because they changed a few things from the original.

evilchris
05-29-07, 03:43 PM
(just like 360 ports tend to run like crap on the PS3).

Nonsense, tEH cELL can emulate an X360 on the fly, realtime, with no programming.

superklye
05-29-07, 03:50 PM
:rofl

S.I.N
05-29-07, 04:28 PM
:rofl

Does he really crack you up that much?:o

Lyme
05-29-07, 05:09 PM

Just goes to show you how many MGS games I've played: 0
Ranks up there with all the final fantasy games I've played: 1 (the 360 online beta).

Boy have I been depraved.

shungokusatsu
05-29-07, 05:12 PM
I'd wait for a better source. This guy lists no sources at all.

superklye
05-29-07, 05:25 PM
Does he really crack you up that much?:o
as much as you annoy the ever-living **** out of me

ENU291
05-29-07, 05:27 PM
QFT!

ViN86
05-29-07, 06:32 PM
I <3 the Metal Gear Series.

this excites me. not sexually, but in other ways.

S.I.N
05-29-07, 06:32 PM

So you find me annoying but not this guy talking in "l33t" every other ****ing sentence? You must live in a world where down is up. Fine from now on I will talk "l33t" to crack you the **** up. BluRayz suckr, $ony gave me too much features in my console. I$ dat b3tt/\r?:rolleyes:

Well I will say it that what he does annoys the **** out of me then more so when you and the usual come and laugh it up as if he is paying yall.

QFT!

I wish death on to your 360. It will come in the form of red rings.(lee63)

ENU291
05-29-07, 07:24 PM
I wish death on to your 360. It will come in the form of red rings.(lee63)
:eek: :cry:

:p

superklye
05-29-07, 07:28 PM
So you find me annoying but not this guy talking in "l33t" every other ****ing sentence? You must live in a world where down is up. Fine from now on I will talk "l33t" to crack you the **** up. BluRayz suckr, $ony gave me too much features in my console. I$ dat b3tt/\r?:rolleyes:

Well I will say it that what he does annoys the **** out of me then more so when you and the usual come and laugh it up as if he is paying yall.
Good. Now that I know it annoys you, I'll intensify my efforts. Now go be retarded somewhere else. I'm sure there's something stupid you're just dying to say in another thread.

S.I.N
05-29-07, 07:59 PM
Yeah I will go make fun of the tEH cELL and BLUraYz.:rolleyes:

kevJ420
05-30-07, 02:23 AM
I believe sony's first exclusive ever was a 32 bit MK3, and it was a 6 month exclusive.

Damn, that was an impressive arcade-perfect translation back in 1995. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

The x360 isn't at an advantage when it comes to year-old games, b/c there's no way in hell they'll have extra content due to the fact that it's going from a BD-ROM to a DVD-ROM. Along with the fact the graphics won't be as good, it really adds up to a major advantage for the PS3.

People prefer 1 year old masterpieces to be superior, if they've had to wait a year.

Peoples-Agent
05-30-07, 04:51 AM
I believe sony's first exclusive ever was a 32 bit MK3, and it was a 6 month exclusive.

Damn, that was an impressive arcade-perfect translation back in 1995. I'll never forget it as long as I live.

The x360 isn't at an advantage when it comes to year-old games, b/c there's no way in hell they'll have extra content due to the fact that it's going from a BD-ROM to a DVD-ROM. Along with the fact the graphics won't be as good, it really adds up to a major advantage for the PS3.

People prefer 1 year old masterpieces to be superior, if they've had to wait a year.

Don't you just find, that in the gaming industry, people refer to each other as being the most important people in the world?

Xav
05-31-07, 10:29 AM

:wonder: