PDA

View Full Version : Anyone getting Overlord?

Badboy_12345
05-29-07, 10:48 AM
It seems like the release date is next month from what I can tell..
The game is very unique and reminds me somewhat of Dungeon Keeper

Controlling a mysterious figure that has inherited the legacy of the evil, long-dead Overlord, the player emerges, near death, from the ruins of the old Overlord’s Dark Tower. Only the player’s actions will determine if they will rise to become the new all-powerful Overlord; it’s all down to how much of a bad ass they want to be in order to succeed… evil or really evil! Played out with plenty of black humour and dark irony, the game will immerse players in twisted parodies of classic fantasy scenarios and characters.

Features:
Overlord’s key innovation is the introduction of an array of impish creatures – the Minions. They believe you are the old Overlord reborn and will use their unique skills to fetch, fight and die for you.
Throughout the game players will actively control a horde of these gremlin-like critters and they’ll follow your every instruction no matter how despotic or, for the Minions, life threatening it is.

Become the overlord

Forge Powerful weapons and armour, adding sacrificial minions to boost their strength

Use Unique Overlord powers to impose your will; everything from making enemies burst into flames to boosting your minions abilities

Enjoy your power and status with a mistress (or two) as you customise & upgrade yourself and your tower

Control a horde of minions

Intuitive controls put evil-minden and totally loyal minions at your disposal - often quite literally

Your minions will arm themselves using battlefield debris - frying pans, chefs' hats (!), and sabres, they don't care so long as it hurts. Use minions to smash, destroy, kill, steal and intimidate - whatever takes your fancy...

Gain minions by killing the local inhabitants... and their flock of sheep! Steal life force to expand your horde

Warrior, assassin, fire-hurling & healer minions will all be yours as you rediscover them on your conquest. A huge and formidable Horde awaits your command!

Multiplayer

Attempt to dominate other Overlords and their miserable hordes online in battle mode. Or if you're really sick and twisted, you can both work together in unique co-op maps

Build you Dark Tower

Your Dark Tower will grow in strength and stature as you do, dominating the landscape for miles around

Subject your conquered foes to abject humiliation and probable death as you force them to fight in your dungeon arena for your entertainment

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/9855/251692_full.jpg

http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/9855/251691_full.jpg

HD trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18721&type=mov&pl=game

:captnkill:

Hercules
05-29-07, 11:00 AM
I want it!! :)
Be evil, or really evil sounds great. I just hope it plays as good as it looks:)

Namrok
05-29-07, 11:12 AM
I did love Dungeon Keeper. What platform is this game on? PC only?

Edit: Hmmm, the previews make it look like an evil version of Pikmin on the 360. I did love Pikmin.

Badboy_12345
05-29-07, 11:38 AM
I did love Dungeon Keeper. What platform is this game on? PC only?

Edit: Hmmm, the previews make it look like an evil version of Pikmin on the 360. I did love Pikmin.

PC/X360 ;)

Kayden
05-29-07, 12:32 PM
waiting for reviews first, though i do have to say my interest is peaked

ynnek
05-29-07, 01:53 PM
oh yea, i forgot a bout this game.. Yes, I'll be getting this game too.

Subtestube
05-29-07, 04:44 PM
Mmm, looks like my kind of game. From what I've seen, the voice acting/humour reminds me of Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I'm hoping to get it, but I'm also not sure I believe it's coming out next month.

Badboy_12345
05-29-07, 06:38 PM
Mmm, looks like my kind of game. From what I've seen, the voice acting/humour reminds me of Giants: Citizen Kabuto. I'm hoping to get it, but I'm also not sure I believe it's coming out next month.

well codemaster themself have the date set to 28 june. And its said that a demo will come out in the start of june
But I dont know if there is another date set for North America? but as it seems the EU date is 28 june

DRen72
05-29-07, 07:25 PM
Looks like a humourous fun fest. I'll probably pick it up if the reviews are decent.

Amuro
05-29-07, 11:47 PM
No, I'm not getting it. I only like RPGs featuring lightsabers.

buffbiff21
05-30-07, 02:04 AM
Well it looks sweet.. but is there any purpose? :confused:

Hercules
06-08-07, 02:48 PM
The 360 demo is already available on Marketplace.
The PC wont take long too:)