PDA

View Full Version : Great Penstarsys Interview.

SurfMonkey
03-28-03, 03:10 AM
Great interview, straightforward with very little PR. Here (http://www.penstarsys.com/Interviews/nvidia/m_hara/index.html).

Interesting clip:

NVIDIA has also shown off working silicon of the NV-35 chip, and it appears to be significantly more powerful than the NV-30. Even though the NV-30 was delayed, the other projects continued on schedule, and the NV-35 was part of that schedule. Perhaps the NV-35 was originally positioned for a Fall 2003 release, but due to pressure from ATI as well as the disappointing launch of the NV-30, we can probably expect the NV-35 to be introduced within the next four months. While Mike couldn’t verify this, he did mention that this 2nd quarter was going to be VERY interesting.

sbp
03-28-03, 10:23 PM
{cue Empire Srikes music} http://www.lemonizer.com/uploads/blackvader.gif

NV35-Nvidia strikes back. :lol:

digitalwanderer
03-29-03, 07:50 AM
....does anyone else remember the last time nVidia held a paper launch of a product that was coming out soon that looked like a real 9700 Pro killer on paper and is STILL not available?

"Are you ready?"

I'll believe it when it is available to be purchased, until then it is entirely FUD. Anyone who believes what nVidia is saying right now deserves exactly what they get.

RobHague
03-29-03, 08:37 AM
We have had great products from nvidia, even now (nforce2 for instance - im not just talking graphics cards) just because they make one graphics card that dont quite cut it suddenly everyone is saying they are doomed/rubbish/untrustworthy . 0_o

They have products in a console (xbox), a foothold on the AMD mainboard market (VIA are having problems keeping up and they are not the newcomers - nvida are. One chipset revision later and Nvidia have it sussed and VIA on the run) as well as graphics cards. I think that we should look at the Geforce FX as a Geforce 256 - a card before its time (and lacking in some area's vital at this moment in time) and im willing to put money on the fact that the NV35 will have ATi on the run again. But then ATi will lead again and so forth - its a never ending battle and in the end the only people that win are us. :D

Right now Nvidia have their 0.13u process all worked out and ready to spin product off based on it. I think the ground work (the current FX) hasent been a complete waste of time really. Its just their 'damage control' is going a bit too far sometimes.

silence
03-29-03, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by RobHague
........ and im willing to put money on the fact that the NV35 will have ATi on the run again. .........

how much?

RobHague
03-29-03, 10:09 AM
How about an even 50p?

Come on, so you think Nvidia are going to just give up and forget it because ATi managed to out do them this time round? No I didnt think so. Look at the P4 and AXP - everyone was crying and going on about how Intel's P4 sucked and it was over and done for comapred to the AXP - now all of a sudden they are infront again and the P4 is 'catnip'. :rolleyes:

digitalwanderer
03-29-03, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by RobHague
How about an even 50p?

Come on, so you think Nvidia are going to just give up and forget it because ATi managed to out do them this time round? No I didnt think so.

Me neither, but I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of taking back the title anytime soon from ATI until they can rebuild a little bit of community trust.

It's not just about the products, it's the products and the support. Until I can start believing what they're telling me again, I'm just going to wait until they can show me something rather than listen to their empty promises.

muzz
03-29-03, 02:29 PM
I PERSONALLY do not think the P4 is catnip.......
I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels this way, that being said I wish AMD would get their shiznit together and get out the next generation.......... I'm not talking about the Barton either, as that is just a refresh.

GlowStick
03-29-03, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Me neither, but I don't think they have a snowball's chance in hell of taking back the title anytime soon from ATI until they can rebuild a little bit of community trust.

It's not just about the products, it's the products and the support. Until I can start believing what they're telling me again, I'm just going to wait until they can show me something rather than listen to their empty promises.

I think ATI has a much worse problem with 'trust' than nvidia.

I wont belive that if i mention Rage, Rage Pro, Rage MaXX dosent bring back horrible memories.

StealthHawk
03-29-03, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer

yeah, you're wrong man. people will follow the tides. if reviews come out for NV35 and performance is great, there are little to no driver incompatibilities mentioned in reviews, they will sell like hotcakes.

remember the r8500 launch!? it was only one generation away from the r9700Pro. it didn't go smoothly, that didn't stop people from buying the r9700.

not to mention ATI's past history when looking farther back.

nope, people care about two things. performance, and cost.

volt
03-29-03, 10:01 PM
Nothing new here heh