PDA

View Full Version : Coming back to NV camp

ragingWS6
05-29-07, 11:25 AM
I just replaced 2 ATi Radeon X1950 Pros, Aspire 680W PSU and a DFI Lanparty UT ICFX3200 T2G/R motherboard with 1 EVGA Superclocked 8800GTX, Coolermaster 850W PSU and an EVGA nForce 680i SLI board.

I was so disappointed with the 2900XT that I decided to stop wasting time waiting for something that would be a competitive product to the G80 (since it is NV's equivalent of ATi's R300) as NV won this round.

Once Crysis comes out, I'll be in the market for my 2nd 8800GTX.(nana2)

Maverickman
05-29-07, 02:39 PM
Welcome back. Nvidia's Vista drivers still are substandard; however, I've also heard about ATI's pathetic HD 2900 XT drivers.

ragingWS6
05-29-07, 02:41 PM
Welcome back. Nvidia's Vista drivers still are substandard; however, I've also heard about ATI's pathetic HD 2900 XT drivers.
I can't comment on the 2900 drivers, but their Vista drivers on their existing hardware wasn't bad at all. I am using my Alienware currently to game while I am waiting on parts and running Vista Ultimate and haven't had one issue yet with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. (have to run Static Lighting on this machine), CoD2 or Splinter Cell: DA (doesn't play very well on that box).

3DBrad
05-30-07, 03:46 PM
Everything is going fine for me in Vista and the Nvidia drivers.

I think a lot of the "teh horrible drivurs are teh worsers of teh worlds!" comments come from some people who experienced the numerous driver crashing errors during the Beta process of Vista.

I sometimes have problems, but they're usually attributed to me trying out a higher OC. :afro: