PDA

View Full Version : Wii: Mario Party 8 --> 5.2 from IGN?

Clay
05-29-07, 10:48 PM
http://wii.ign.com/articles/792/792495p1.html

Yikes...Circuit City has it for $39 tomorrow. If they are out of stock before 2PM then you get a $20 gift card. Based on the IGN review...I might try to roll in around 1:55PM just for the gift card.

zoomy942
05-30-07, 09:40 AM
its only $39? i have a reserved copy at gamestop i am picking up today.

nice:) $10 saved.

i'm excited about this game. i have several games for the Wii that didnt get great reviews, but i lvoe them. and i have one that is the best wii game ever (zelda) and i dont like it.

so, i have learned to not care about what reviewers say

nemecb
05-30-07, 09:49 AM
Hmm, the reviews for this are very strange. There are scores anywhere from this 52% up to 90%. Must be a hard game to review.

zoomy942
05-30-07, 09:51 AM
i noticed that too. maybe it depends on the friends you play it with:)

i am really excited to play it. i've been excited ever since i heard about it months ago

Lyme
05-30-07, 10:59 AM
Most reviewers are complaining that it doesn't bring anything new to the table than other mario party games, or other wii games that are mini-game centric. Lets face it, it is mario party and it characteristicly is mini games. Thats why I bought it, and I don't have all the other wii games to have ruined my fun.

Clay
05-30-07, 06:54 PM
Got it today but haven't played it yet. I'll post my thoughts here but they'll be coming from someone who's never played any Mario Party game before.

NaitoSan
05-30-07, 09:46 PM
IGN has gone downhill lately with reviews. :(

kevJ420
05-30-07, 10:08 PM
Gamespot gave it their equivalent of 52%.

What it probably is, is that previous games in the series didn't get outstanding scores (90+%), and this is more of the same, so the series has probably worn out it's welcome among critical reviewers.

I admit I used to enjoy the 1st one a great deal.

kevJ420
05-30-07, 10:12 PM
IGN has gone downhill lately with reviews. :(

I haven't looked at their reviews in a long time, but I know that they did used to have an apparent bias against nintendo when they had connections with Next-Gen(eration), or Next Generection as I liked to call it, not that it gave me an erection or anything, I just like to call it that.

But the N64 was alive then, so that was a long ass time ago.

muaddib
05-31-07, 07:39 AM
The Mario Party series has never been welcomed by critics. But it isn't the type if game you introduce to your greatest games pantheon. It's a game you get just for fun and play with friends.