PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Bioshock video...

CaptNKILL
05-29-07, 11:00 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/177471/170000/fileinfo/BioShock---B-Roll-Trailer

Its around 7 minutes long, weighs in at 358Mb and has a ton of gameplay clips from different parts of the game. Maybe a bit spoiler-ish but its probably the best look we've had at the actual gameplay.

Graphics look really nice. Action looks fun. Game seemed to be running perfectly smooth too.

It might have been the x360 version though. The person playing was definitely using a controller.

K007
05-29-07, 11:22 PM
It might have been the x360 version though. The person playing was definitely using a controller.

I dont think anyone plays FPS games on a PC with a controller, so it might be this is probably as usual...graphics from the console version..if they are not wanting to put out videos from the PC version it may sound like it might have very bad fps and probably a bad port -.-...but i WILL be getting this game for sure :P

jAkUp
05-30-07, 02:12 AM
Wow the scene at the 40 second mark is awesome!

NiukNiuk
05-30-07, 04:33 AM
wow, watching this guy playing such a beautiful game with a gamepad was a real pain...

muaddib
05-30-07, 04:37 AM
I am so getting this game. I just hope the PC version is as good as its 360 counterpart and even better (if not, I don't mind playing an FPS with a gamepad. Some of the greatest FPS games ever were on consoles).

|MaguS|
05-30-07, 07:48 AM
It looks fun but I don't think it compares to System Shock Series. :(

It's the Invisible War from Irrational, the game seems very simplified...

Brent101
05-30-07, 09:28 AM
This game looks absolutely incredible.

Irrational has stressed many times that Bioshock is not "dumbed down" and that it has been treating the PC version seperate from the Xbox360...ie unique UI for PC users. While these are statements from the developers, I am going to take Irrationals word for it considering their excellent track record in the past.

As long as the game has been properly configured/balanced for keyboard/mouse and the engine is optimized for PC (hopefully they do a better job of U3 than R6: Vegas did), I don't think its going to dissapoint.

DRen72
05-30-07, 10:03 AM
Reminds me of "Blood" and "Painkiller".

Ninjaman09
05-30-07, 11:00 AM
The graphics look fantastic but it's run-of-the-mill FPS gameplay (judging from the video) has disappointed me, I was expecting more of an RPG game from the early hype.

|MaguS|
05-30-07, 11:09 AM
The graphics look fantastic but it's run-of-the-mill FPS gameplay (judging from the video) has disappointed me, I was expecting more of an RPG game from the early hype.

Same here, but I think its because the video focused fully on the action and didn't show any puzzles or adventuring (finding items and all). I still want a deep skill system like Deus Ex and System Shock 2.

Jonelo
05-30-07, 08:21 PM
http://www.fileplanet.com/177471/170000/fileinfo/BioShock---B-Roll-Trailer

A controler but without crosshair ?

Is this video (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=20066&type=wmv) ?

wrathofgod
05-30-07, 11:12 PM
Gametrailers.com has it streaming in reg and HD for those that don't want to DL it.
http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2610

Looking good! Definitely looking forward to this one also.

SH0DAN
06-01-07, 01:10 AM
It looks fun but I don't think it compares to System Shock Series. :(

It's the Invisible War from Irrational, the game seems very simplified...

It will rule !! and by the by....you seem very determined to crap all over this title... :headexplode:

Wait until its out and bombs clearly before you assume the worst...

|MaguS|
06-01-07, 07:47 AM
It will rule !! and by the by....you seem very determined to crap all over this title... :headexplode:

Wait until its out and bombs clearly before you assume the worst...

Can't help but be negative when it comes to the spiritual Successor to one of my favorite games of all time.

Brent101
06-01-07, 09:02 AM
Here is a response Ken Levine gave in regards to the 7min video and people's worry that it is a simple action game. Found it on the www.bioshock-online.com forum.

RE: Action.

Playing some of the roughly 40,000 words of recorded audio from logs/radios doesn't exactly sell the game to a larger market.

Going into detail on the dozens and dozens of stat changing gene tonics doesn't exactly move the larger market.

Talking about the details of the research system doesn't exactly move the larger market.

Elucidating the hacking and invention system doesn't exactly move the needle with the larger market.

Showing movies of min/maxing decision making doesn't exactly draw the eye of the larger market.

But those things, to me, are a lot of what makes BioShock Bioshock.

As I always said, BioShock is a shooter. I considered Shock 2 a shooter. I would wager BioShock is as deep as Shock 2. The shooting is about 1000 times better. Why? Effects, AI, and most importanly environmental interaction and physics, which your Plasmids, gene tonics and weapons give you incredible amount of control over.

So, yes, we're not hard-selling the geekier aspects of the game. I've said this before. But you know what? People are taking notice. BioShock is tracking to be very, very big.

I have no interest in making games that nobody plays. I also have no interest in dumbed down monkey fests (unless, of course, there are actual monkeys)

We're making a shooter with min maxing character growth, moral choices, a detailed enconomy and upgradeable weapons...oh, yeah, and it's a period piece set in a failed capitalist underwater utopia with a novelistic background...

Games like that don't spring from market research. They spring from the guts of game developers who want to break a bunch of rules.

|MaguS|
06-01-07, 09:05 AM
Sorry but I have seen videos of their "hacking system", it was flipping a switch... Unless they did a massive change to the stat building system (early video showed this) it was nothing more then 3 stats that you buy from a vending machine.

EDIT:
Watch the Developers Commentary
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/707/707640/vids_2.html

7:30 you see him "hack" the security by flipping a switch!

11:00 is when they get to change their stats.... its more then my comment of 3 but nothing close to the depth that System Shock 2 had.

Mr. Hunt
06-01-07, 09:32 AM
Man it looks awesome... loving the looks and the smoke coming out of the guns looks awesome.

Brent101
06-01-07, 10:29 AM
Sorry but I have seen videos of their "hacking system", it was flipping a switch... Unless they did a massive change to the stat building system (early video showed this) it was nothing more then 3 stats that you buy from a vending machine.

EDIT:
Watch the Developers Commentary
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/707/707640/vids_2.html

7:30 you see him "hack" the security by flipping a switch!

11:00 is when they get to change their stats.... its more then my comment of 3 but nothing close to the depth that System Shock 2 had.

From the looks of this post, there appears to more to the hacking system. I dont know what to make of it, but looks interesting.

http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=774

(Im not sure if Im allowed to directly link to this, even though it is posted on the 2kgames forum). I hope Im not violating forum rules.

|MaguS|
06-01-07, 10:36 AM
If it ends up being that deep then Im all for it but from what they showed off so far it doesn't look to be.

flukester
06-01-07, 11:14 AM
Game looks great, should be fun to play and not as much a let down/boring as STALKER is... As for using gamepad.. I don't mind a challenge, what kind of gamer would I be if I couldn't play with a gamepad? However I sincerely doubt this game will 'require' a gamepad.

I was also told this video is a Xbox video and not PC and as a matter of fact there is no 'real' PC footage released yet. Sites are also quoting this game is gonna be released in August however I've been told that is when 'console' is being released and PC version will follow 2 weeks later in September. IG and 2K wont confirm that however as a matter of fact they don't even acknowledge your emails.

3DBrad
06-01-07, 07:09 PM
The graphics of this game look great, but man it sure does look way too demented and sadistic.

AngelGraves13
06-01-07, 08:25 PM
Can't wait to see how the water effects look in DirectX10. This is all XBOX and DirectX 9 footage.