PDA

View Full Version : Wii Gives a one-two to Microsoft and Sony

Pages : [1] 2 3

nVJoe
05-29-07, 11:01 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070525/tc_usatoday/wiiwinsbigamongcasualgamers;_ylt=AleI4GooGYA9HrnPZ ZNt.3vMWM0F

LOL! Poor MS and Phony.

kevJ420
05-29-07, 11:29 PM
This is just the dawn of a new generation.

Plus, MS and Sony have given a helluva lot more than a single 1-2 to Nintendo.

This is the 1st and probably the only time nintendo could be referred to as "giving a 1-2" to the competition.

nVJoe
05-29-07, 11:32 PM
This is just the dawn of a new generation.

Plus, MS and Sony have given a helluva lot more than a single 1-2 to Nintendo.

This is the 1st and probably the only time nintendo could be referred to as "giving a 1-2" to the competition.
LOL! What are you talking about? Did you miss the 80s and 90s? It doesn't matter who is on top, just as long as we get good games to play.

Your lack of history amazes me. And I thoght your ignorance was just in the Politics Forum. LOL :D

Oh, I just looked at your age, yes you did miss the 80s and half the 90s. LOL Just remember, history did not begin when you were born.

NaitoSan
05-30-07, 12:00 AM
I need to get a Wii. :( I need to save money for a trip to Japan before I can get one.

evilchris
05-30-07, 12:19 AM
PS3 sales are absolutely pathetic. PS3 is in full supply and still can't outsell the 1.5 year old X360, lol.

The Wii is awesome and deserving of its massive sales.

nVJoe
05-30-07, 12:35 AM
Hey human buttplug. Do you HAVE to say "LOL" every friggin second word? (nana2)
LOL! no... I can say Unbuntu also.

BTW when you were lick-cleaning my buttplug you missed a few spots.LOL!

nVJoe
05-30-07, 12:38 AM
Sorry, I had a hard time reaching it all because it was wedged in the back of your mom's throat. I tell you, that woman has SOME suction. Wow.
Impressive ain't it. ;)

She gots mad skillz

crainger
05-30-07, 12:41 AM
LOL!

No serious, I am laughing out loud :rofl

nVJoe
05-30-07, 12:46 AM
LOLERSK8
Shut ur banless emo-ass up and get back under my skirt grunt.

Rakeesh
05-30-07, 01:08 AM
Shut ur banless emo-ass up and get back under my skirt grunt.

Careful, I see gib has already made you wish you were born a woman, but if you keep going at this rate then you'll be signed up for a sex change operation in about 2 days.

NaitoSan
05-30-07, 01:13 AM
lol, this thread is teh funneh. :D

nVJoe
05-30-07, 01:15 AM
Careful, I see gib has already made you wish you were born a woman, but if you keep going at this rate then you'll be signed up for a sex change operation in about 2 days.
Anything is possible in a dark room. (nana2)

nVJoe
05-30-07, 01:15 AM
Anything is possible in a dark room. (nana2)

kevJ420
05-30-07, 02:02 AM
LOL! What are you talking about? Did you miss the 80s and 90s? It doesn't matter who is on top, just as long as we get good games to play.

Your lack of history amazes me. And I thoght your ignorance was just in the Politics Forum. LOL :D

Oh, I just looked at your age, yes you did miss the 80s and half the 90s. LOL Just remember, history did not begin when you were born.

No, you're pretty damn wrong there. there was an nes in my household before I was born and I started playing games with the 1st genesis to come to my household in 1990.

Technically, nintendo did not give the competition a one-two up until now, b/c the nes didn't really have competition (other than the master system for a very short time in the U.S.)

Then, when the Genesis came out nintendo got their asses kicked, Sega straight up owned nintendo's uncool, mean asses, when the ps1 came out it straight up owned the N64 when it came out, when the ps2 and xbox came out they straight up stomped the **** out of the Gamecube.

You're the one that doesn't remember history apparently, since you didn't take into account that nintendo has gotten stomped every generation w/ consoles.

They may have always dominated the portable market, but technically, Sega owned Nintendo's ass there too, due to the fact the Game Gear had color, and Sega's industry leading advertising at the time straight up stomped nintendo's ****in' faggot asses.

NaitoSan
05-30-07, 05:47 AM
kevJ420,

You failed to mention that Nintendo does have competition during 16bit era with their amazing Super Nintendo. It owned Genesis' ass, again they owned Sega's Game Gear with Gameboy and contiunes to with Nintendo DS. PSP couldn't beat DS at all even though PSP is techincally superior. Nintendo is the king of handhelds, nuff said.

So let me say this again... Anything that is technically superior doesn't mean it's better or in your words, owns them. What count are, how well it sells and how well it's being supported by developers.

Now, with Wii... you know the rest of story. :)

BTW, NES came out BEFORE you were born so that's different. So yes, you did miss out most of 80s and maybe some of 90s. I doubt you as a baby, play NES or SNES hardcore or even before reaching puberty. ;)

Nintendo does have pretty successful history, with few downfalls. Heck, Sony, Sega and Microsoft have some.

PeterJensen
05-30-07, 07:07 AM
I had a Wii for 2 weeks, then it hit me...."Why the **** did you buy this junk. crap gfx, crap online, NO games"

At least i can use my PS3 as a media center and the x360 just has very nice games.

Flame on :) This is my view on the wii.

Peoples-Agent
05-30-07, 07:40 AM
Shame the Wii doesn't have any games to my sorta taste.
Never been a fan of cartoony stuff. Sort of thing i'd buy for a kid perhaps, but I can't see myself prancing around the living room playing some cartoony nonsense.

Give us something more adult orientated, the possibilities are there with the awesome control method.

nemecb
05-30-07, 09:47 AM
Shame the Wii doesn't have any games to my sorta taste.
Never been a fan of cartoony stuff. Sort of thing i'd buy for a kid perhaps, but I can't see myself prancing around the living room playing some cartoony nonsense.

Give us something more adult orientated, the possibilities are there with the awesome control method.
Zelda and Godfather. Excite Truck rocks too and isn't really a kiddie game, plus it's a great use of the wiimote. It's not a ton, but there are more on the way.

nVJoe
05-30-07, 10:13 AM
No, you're pretty damn wrong there. there was an nes in my household before I was born and I started playing games with the 1st genesis to come to my household in 1990.

Technically, nintendo did not give the competition a one-two up until now, b/c the nes didn't really have competition (other than the master system for a very short time in the U.S.)

Then, when the Genesis came out nintendo got their asses kicked, Sega straight up owned nintendo's uncool, mean asses, when the ps1 came out it straight up owned the N64 when it came out, when the ps2 and xbox came out they straight up stomped the **** out of the Gamecube.

You're the one that doesn't remember history apparently, since you didn't take into account that nintendo has gotten stomped every generation w/ consoles.

They may have always dominated the portable market, but technically, Sega owned Nintendo's ass there too, due to the fact the Game Gear had color, and Sega's industry leading advertising at the time straight up stomped nintendo's ****in' faggot asses.
LOL! You don't know what you are talking about as usual.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sega_Mega_Drive Sega Genisis Units sold 29 million
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System Super NES Units sold 49 million

You were saying Kev?...

Medion
05-30-07, 10:24 AM
As usual, Kev is off his rocker.

The NES did have competition. It's just that Nintendo utterly decimated them. Master System, PC Engine, and Atari had poor global sales worldwide, with the PC Engine doing somewhat well in Japan.

Genesis came out and was the next big thing, but it had a 2 year head start, as well as poor sales in Japan. When the SNES came out, it took off fast and never let up.

The N64, upon release, became the fastest selling console in history (at the time of course). It nearly surpassed the total sales of the PS1 until FF7 came out. Had Nintendo not pissed off Square, we could all be singing a different tune right now.

GameCube finished #2 globally, even ahead of the XBox (poor Japanese sales, while GameCube was consistent in all markets).

So Kev, insert foot into mouth, once again.

Namrok
05-30-07, 10:26 AM
GameCube finished #2 globally, even ahead of the XBox (poor Japanese sales, while GameCube was consistent in all markets).

In all fairness, saying the GC came in #2 is pretty misleading. It came in #2 after having sold not even half as many as its competitor.

I still loved my GC to death though.

Medion
05-30-07, 10:29 AM
In all fairness, saying the GC came in #2 is pretty misleading. It came in #2 after having sold not even half as many as its competitor.

I still loved my GC to death though.

I can agree with that. Plus, it barely nudged out the XBox for global #2, not to mention MS stopped selling the orignal XBox awhile ago.

Lyme
05-30-07, 10:57 AM
I had a Wii for 2 weeks, then it hit me...."Why the **** did you buy this junk. crap gfx, crap online, NO games"

Probably for the same reason I bought mine: A) Zelda B) it is cheap.

Mazztadawn
05-30-07, 11:20 AM
I don't consider the Wii to be in the same grouping as the PS3 and 360. While xbox and sony made systems to continue where the previous generations left off, Nintendo made a different type of system, one for people who may have never been gamers previously.

Since the Wii appeals to so many who are not xbox or sony customers, they aren't in direct competition like microsoft and sony are. So while Wii is outselling, they arent really stealing all their customers from the other two.

I love my Wii. There is a lack of games atm, but it's still really early. Manhunt 2 should be interesting.

nVJoe
05-31-07, 03:10 PM
Kev, I am still waiting for you to amend your statements. You constantly come into threads, throw FUD around and when proven wrong you just move on. Show som manhood and admit you were wrong about Nintendo and their track record.