PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor: Airborne Preview

CaptNKILL
05-30-07, 06:13 AM
I don't know if this preview has been posted before, but its a good read:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/medalofhonorairborne/news.html?sid=6171523&om_act=convert&om_clk=multimodule&tag=multimodule;picks;title;3

I haven't been too interested in single player WW2 shooters for a while, so this is the first time I've actually looked into this game. It sounds freaking awesome.

I'm surprised it took someone this long to make a World War II game where you could parachute into the battle anywhere you wanted.

As usual its probably going to look and feel like a console port, so that kind of sucks, but at least they are trying something new gameplay wise. If this turns out to be good on PC, I'll definitely be getting it.

picofarad
05-30-07, 06:47 AM
That was exactly my reaction when I found out about the game a while ago. WW2 isn't my favourite setting, and I haven't bought a WW2 fps for many years, but this does sound good.

I wish developers in general would explore more scenarios and situations and whatnot. I mean, a game about airborne where you parachute anywhere on the battlefield? Nah, let's make 50 games that use the game structure Halflife1 used and put nazis in it, that game was popular.

K007
05-30-07, 07:03 AM
the new cod for pc is what i am looking forward to...this looks like same as the other ww type games..

Logical
05-30-07, 08:57 AM
the new cod for pc is what i am looking forward to...this looks like same as the other ww type games..

COD sucks....always have always will and modern warfare will be no exception......

MOH:Airborne PC will pwn any COD game.....

rudedog
05-30-07, 09:17 AM
MOH:A is shaping up to be a very nice game. I had one of my admins out to EALA covering the latest community event and I will be out there mid June to try and dig some MP stuff up.

With that said, the next EA/MOH news letter should have some interesting stuff in it, with at least one images of a MP map........

edit: this news letter should be hitting the email boxes today or over the next day or so.

Mr_LoL
05-30-07, 10:01 AM
COD sucks....always have always will and modern warfare will be no exception......

Rofl. Whatever.

SJA06
05-30-07, 10:15 AM

And pigs will fly.

I do hope MOH:A is good but I aint holding my breath.

Logical
05-30-07, 01:32 PM
Call of Duty = console franchise ported to PC...it sucks.....get over it.

mullet
05-30-07, 01:36 PM

I think you mean Call of Duty = PC, ported for console.

nekrosoft13
05-30-07, 01:36 PM

where do all these geniuses come from?

Logical
05-30-07, 01:40 PM
where do all these geniuses come from?

Pfft shows how much you know.......COD was originally developed by the mohaa team....cod2 and cod3 ARE console games and cod2 got ported to pc....they didnt even bother with cod3 on PC cos of how bad cod2 was...........

TY,UL&WP

CaptNKILL
05-30-07, 01:45 PM
Pfft shows how much you know.......COD was originally developed by the mohaa team....cod2 and cod3 ARE console games and cod2 got ported to pc....they didnt even bother with cod3 on PC cos of how bad cod2 was...........

TY,UL&WP
You do realize you just basically said you were wrong right? :p

CoD was a PC game on a tried and tested PC game engine (Quake 3). I personally didn't like it, but it was definitely a PC game without any consolitis.

Logical
05-30-07, 01:52 PM
Lol yes i do realise that cod1 was a PC game hence the reason i mentioned that it was developed by the mohaa team......it was cod2 i was talking about....

Either way im not getting into an arguement about which is better fact is my post was my oppinion... and my oppinion is that the mohaa series as always been better to play..nuff said.

Logical
05-30-07, 01:54 PM
You do realize you just basically said you were wrong right? :p

CoD was a PC game on a tried and tested PC game engine (Quake 3). I personally didn't like it, but it was definitely a PC game without any consolitis.

I wasnt wrong i just made a little mistake of not making myself clear that it is cod2 that im talkin about.

SJA06
05-30-07, 02:19 PM
:rolleyes:

Antway after looking at some of the info - this may well be a decent title, as long as they make a bit more effort to get it running well on the PC. MOH:PA had some of the worst mouse lag in any game I've played - even with a high frame rate it felt like treacle.

flukester
05-30-07, 02:22 PM
MOHAA rocked, everything else from EA sucked. I wasted my money on MOH:PA. COD2 is full of wallhackers and aimbots STILL. COD3 going console turned me off on the franchise and the rumored new COD doesn't turn me on either.

I'd have to see Airborne and then perhaps after a month or so when it's out I'll check to see if it's an online failure like PA... Single player is fine, but playing online would be mostly what I'm interested in...

I really don't even know how they can substantiate putting out another MOHAA based on it's complete decline since AA was released...