PDA

View Full Version : Odin Sphere

|MaguS|
05-30-07, 09:01 AM
Anyone else pick the game up? Its one of the best looking PS2 titles I have ever seen... The Art and Style are so unique and well done. I haven't dove into the game much but the gameplay already stands out. Imagine a Side scroller beat em up but with RPG elements, not only that it has a deep alchemey system.

It's easily worth a purchase to RPG and NonRPG fans since the RPG system isn't too deep to slow the action.

Namrok
05-30-07, 09:03 AM
It came down to me buying this or Etrian Odyssey, another Atlus title. I went with Etrian Odyssey since I hear Odin Sphere is pretty crushingly difficulty. So is Etrian Odyssey, but a different sort of difficulty. Etrian is grind-hard, Odin is twitch-hard. At least thats what I've heard. Still, it does intrigue me.

|MaguS|
05-30-07, 01:50 PM
Hows Etrian Odyssey? Was thinking of getting it but i've been so swamped with crap lately.

Namrok
05-30-07, 02:40 PM
It's still in the mail :/

I'm actually starting to think Amazon lost another ****ing package, but we'll see. So far its taken nearly a week to make it from Maryland to Virginia, and the tracking status has never been updated.

Edit: Nevermind, I just checked the status again and it zipped straight from having arrived at the shipping facility to being at my doorstep :D If nobody in the hallway has stolen before I get home, I'll let you know how it plays later tonight/tomorrow.

Edit2: Alright well, I've played Etrian for nearly 2 or 3 hours straight, and its great. Really great. Takes me back to playing Bard's Tale and getting owned horribly opening houses until I figured things out. And drawing the maps is pretty fun too. I don't know if you made all your own maps using graph paper like I did, but its very nostalgic. Gets the thumbs up from me.

Marvel_us
05-31-07, 11:27 AM
Saw some coverage on this game on a past 1up show. The art direction and visuals are amazing. Apparently VanillaSquare have been working on this for a long time and it shows.

I don't know too much about the game but I was extremely impressed by the visuals. I'll read up on it and see if it's the type of game for me.