PDA

View Full Version : should I buy LCD??

tornadog
05-30-07, 05:54 PM
I have been a CRT user all my life. Recently I connected my PC to my 32" LCD TV but since it was in the living room, i couldnt make out the small text at the distance. Now I am wondering if I should get an LCD monitor with the prices falling so low sub $200 for 22"? I also have a 21" IBM CRT that works great but colors are pretty faded from use(its abt 6 years old)

Kayden
05-30-07, 06:56 PM
in a word YES :D

friend of mine was faced with the same dilema and only thing that changed his mind was the active matrix and he quickly changed his tune

AthlonXP1800
05-30-07, 08:08 PM
YES :D

You should buy LCD so you will finally get escape from CRT's low level radiation you been exposed all your life. :)

tornadog
06-01-07, 11:25 AM
Ok I bought a proview 22" from circuitcity. Didnt find any reviews on it but the price was ubeatable $159 + tax. the picture seems a bit bright and faded though. is there any tool/s to get the optimal setup on this monitor?

Kayden
06-01-07, 01:54 PM
Ok I bought a proview 22" from circuitcity. Didnt find any reviews on it but the price was ubeatable $159 + tax. the picture seems a bit bright and faded though. is there any tool/s to get the optimal setup on this monitor?

only info I could find on it was from circuit city website and it doesn't say that it has active matrix, what that does is equalize the brightness across the screen. what it sounds like is the monitor doesn't have it only if its bright in the center and darker on the sides. but if im wrong and i certanly can be you can find a utility for your needs in the nvidia control panel has something called "Run Display optimization wizard" and that will help set up your mon.

kevJ420
06-01-07, 02:16 PM
due to the unbeatable $159 + tax, and the fact that it's not a real high end brand, it could very well be the monitor.

but, as usual, i could be wrong.