PDA

View Full Version : Constant BSOD's

Madpistol
05-30-07, 09:03 PM
Here's the problem. In the last 1/2 hour, my computer started acting funny. It stopped responding for 10 second spurts, settings started randomly changing, steam locked up a lot. Well now, I've restarted several times, but every time, the computer locks up and goes BSOD, then immediately restarts.

At first, I thought someone was hacking my computer, so I disconnected my ethernet connection, but it made no difference.

Does anyone have any ideas? I did have it mildly overclocked, so I reset it to stock, but it still went BSOD. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

nekrosoft13
05-30-07, 09:14 PM
did you recently installed Daemon Tools? maybe older 4.08 version?

driver from Daemon Tools version 4.08 did cause that problem on few system.

or maybe: Alcohol 120% (uses the same driver)

Madpistol
05-30-07, 09:38 PM
negative on both counts. I did install a download manager, but if I can get this computer operational long enough to uninstall it, it's history.

kevJ420
05-30-07, 10:01 PM
I hope you it turns out perfectly soon.

We have a somewhat similar system.

Two things I could recommend, but probably aren't the root of the problem, is heat and memory voltage. Although you have corsair ram, I had set my crucial to 2.1V and 5-5-5-15-2T to be stable.

I personally recommend RAM voltage no higher than 2.1, but what the hell do I know.

Madpistol
05-30-07, 10:07 PM
Update: just ran the computer in safe mode, and it worked fine. It doesn't appear to be a memory issue either because BOTH modules crash. I also rewired my computer to make sure all connections are good.

Just went with a system restore, so we'll see if the problem is fixed. Cross your fingers. :o

Madpistol
05-30-07, 10:12 PM
Computer boots and runs normally!!! Steam is still acting funny though...

I think we may have found our culprit. I'll be running over to steam forums now. Thanks for your suggestions. :D

kevJ420
05-30-07, 10:15 PM
I'm pretty damn glad to hear that everything was ok for you=)