PDA

View Full Version : AMD website advertised Intel Core 2 Duo laptop

AthlonXP1800
06-01-07, 09:17 AM
:udawg:

AMD advertised ASUS A8JR laptop featured Intel Core 2 Duo CPU on AMD website. :lol:

http://ati.amd.com/buy/promotions/asusa8jr/index.html

Wow AMD is doing Intel CPU promotion.

Madpistol
06-01-07, 09:24 AM
They never once mentioned "Core 2 Duo" on that initial site, but I agree that once you go to the actual specs site, it's pretty funny that they have that laptop listed on their site.

Free cross-advertising FTW!!! :p

Eliminator
06-01-07, 09:42 AM
lmao thats great

KasuCode
06-01-07, 10:41 AM
I guess its a little funny how it works out but im not surprised or anything. They are trying to sell their video card. Asus and probly Clevo will be some of the first to offer the new ATI chipset. They both will probably feature core 2 duo. Just because AMD dosnt have the CPU onboard these notebooks dosnt mean they should not try to sell the card that is abord them.

spaceigg
06-01-07, 11:16 AM
well still residual adverts from ATI. can't do anythign about it I guess.

GunshyGabe
06-02-07, 08:04 PM
Reminds me of the time Lucent started selling Cisco networking products including of their own. They will give the customer a choice of brands as long as it makes them money, and I know AMD is hurting for some money.

Madpistol
06-02-07, 10:54 PM
They're hurting for money so bad that they endorse another company's product?

Dang... that's bad... really bad. :headexplode:

CaptNKILL
06-03-07, 06:30 AM
They never once mentioned "Core 2 Duo" on that initial site,
Yeah they did:

The slim and lightweight A8Jr, based on Intel’s Core2 Duo processor, is the world’s first notebook series to utilize ATI’s Mobility Radeon™ X2300 GPU for stunning and crisp graphics.

Thats some pretty hilarious stuff though.

They couldn't possibly find an AMD based laptop that uses the x2300?

Trademark
06-03-07, 06:47 AM
Lmao, never expected AMD to pull of something like that, ratrher funny :P

Madpistol
06-03-07, 10:10 AM
Yeah they did:

Thats some pretty hilarious stuff though.

They couldn't possibly find an AMD based laptop that uses the x2300?

Shoot! How did I miss that? AMD doing cross-advertising for Intel is hilarious.

AMD must be getting desparate for money. :p

a12ctic
06-03-07, 11:26 AM
How is it desperate for AMD to be advertising one of their products? When AMD advertises ANY OEM computer they are advertising other companies, different companies make different parts of a computer... I fail to realize how this shows in any way that AMD is "getting desperate for money", all they are doing is advertising one OF THEIR products.

Trademark
06-03-07, 12:40 PM
Too bad they include their biggest competitor in it...

KasuCode
06-03-07, 01:06 PM
You probably wont have an AMD notebook with an X2x00 for another 2-3 months at least. AMD isnt going to wait that long to tell people about their video card.

Madpistol
06-03-07, 02:24 PM
How is it desperate for AMD to be advertising one of their products? When AMD advertises ANY OEM computer they are advertising other companies, different companies make different parts of a computer... I fail to realize how this shows in any way that AMD is "getting desperate for money", all they are doing is advertising one OF THEIR products.

They are straight up endorsing Intel's Core 2 Duo line of processors. They are handing money to the competition with that advertisement. In a way, it's like they are admitting that the Core 2 Duo line is better than their Turion X2 line of processors. While they are advertising one of their products, they are also endorsing a competing product as well (since AMD is competing with Intel)

If they were smart, they would advertise a product with their Turion X2 as it's core operating architecture. If there isn't one on the market, then they really have no choice but to advertise a competitors product. It's still bad marketing to take that route though.