View Full Version : New WHQL vista drivers up 158.24

Lith1um
06-01-07, 04:06 PM
158.24 WHQL for 6/7/8 series

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_158.24.html

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_158.24.html

Ra_
06-01-07, 04:18 PM
It is highly unfair that nvidia releases .42, .43 and .45 betas for 8 series and then releases a mere whql certification for the old .24 beta that doesn't support SLi improvements included in newer sets.... I'm really disappointed.
I would like to know if I would see any improvement modding (via .inf) .45 set to use them on my 7900GTO SLi system.

grey_1
06-01-07, 04:37 PM
Thanks for posting them Lith1um.

RanCorX2
06-01-07, 05:21 PM
not exactly new, driver date 27/04/07 a month old.

|MaguS|
06-01-07, 05:25 PM
Wow, thats so weird that they just released new drivers yesterday didn't they?

radekhulan
06-01-07, 05:39 PM
Why anybody cares about WHQL? It means close to nothing.. Get 158.45 and be a happy bastard...

[EOCF] Tim
06-01-07, 05:47 PM
Still no Digital Vibrance....... :(

Hapatingjaky
06-01-07, 07:17 PM
Tim']Still no Digital Vibrance....... :(

.....:thumbdwn:

XxDeadlyxX
06-01-07, 07:27 PM
.....:thumbdwn:

:thumbdwn: x2 lol

ikjadoon
06-01-07, 08:48 PM
:thumbdwn: x2 lol

:thumbdwn: x3 (eat that, nVidia!)

They seemed to have fixed a lot of issues, but, then again, I don't have SLI...A lot has different meanings for different people...

~Ibrahim~

DarkJedi664
06-01-07, 08:57 PM
For a driver dated well over a month ago, I wouldn't expect that much out of it.

RanCorX2
06-01-07, 09:51 PM
For a driver dated well over a month ago, I wouldn't expect that much out of it.

yea, i'm just gonna use the 158.45 driver.

kevJ420
06-01-07, 10:16 PM
Tim']Still no Digital Vibrance....... :(
1. i don't see any reason to not dual boot or even use xp exclusively.
2. nvidia said they are working on it as fast as they can.

ikjadoon
06-01-07, 10:25 PM
1. i don't see any reason to not dual boot or even use xp exclusively.
2. nvidia said they are working on it as fast as they can.

Hi! Nice points, but both are moot points.

1) What about those who don't have XP??? Vista came with my new computer and, frankly, I don't have a spare copy of XP around nor the money to buy it with.

2) Guess what else nVidia said?

The NVIDIA Customer Care team recently provided incorrect information to users, which stated that Digital Vibrance Control for GeForce 8 series GPUs does not work with Vista.

In fact, there is no hardware limitation or operating system limitation that is preventing this feature from working under Windows Vista. NVIDIA is working to enable Digital Vibrance in our next Windows Vista driver, which we expect to release later this month (May).

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused, and appreciate your patience while we work to enable support for this feature.

NVIDIA Software Team

This is that supposed "release". Where is our DV? Ask nVidia, 'cuz I don't have a bloody idea. Can we put this on the official list of lies? I know they are working hard, but don't make promises you can't keep! Why get our hopes up only to smash them? *mutters indistinguishable obscenities and walks away* :fu:

~Ibrahim~

[EOCF] Tim
06-02-07, 03:07 AM
Hi! Nice points, but both are moot points.

1) What about those who don't have XP??? Vista came with my new computer and, frankly, I don't have a spare copy of XP around nor the money to buy it with.

2) Guess what else nVidia said?

This is that supposed "release". Where is our DV? Ask nVidia, 'cuz I don't have a bloody idea. Can we put this on the official list of lies? I know they are working hard, but don't make promises you can't keep! Why get our hopes up only to smash them? *mutters indistinguishable obscenities and walks away*

Yea exactly, it's been promised. Anyway, I'm not switching to XP, Vista feels faster in everything that I do.

Lith1um
06-02-07, 07:45 AM
Why anybody cares about WHQL? It means close to nothing.. Get 158.45 and be a happy bastard...

Well, normaly I would agree with you. But the only drivers that are stable on my system are 158.18 whql and now 158.24 whql. All of the beta's are crash or bsod happy.

That leads me to believe the situation may have changed a little with vista, either microsoft started doing a more thourough job with whql or nVidia's beta's are pushing the limits of stability in search of performance.

K007
06-02-07, 08:20 AM
Well, normaly I would agree with you. But the only drivers that are stable on my system are 158.18 whql and now 158.24 whql. All of the beta's are crash or bsod happy.

That leads me to believe the situation may have changed a little with vista, either microsoft started doing a more thourough job with whql or nVidia's beta's are pushing the limits of stability in search of performance.
micrsoft whql testing is..load driver...see screen...whql stamp issued. next.

ikjadoon
06-02-07, 09:12 AM

QFT!

~Ibrahim~

ikjadoon
06-02-07, 09:13 AM
micrsoft whql testing is..load driver...see screen...whql stamp issued. next.

Then what is taking them so long with the 158.45's? I'm thinking that WHQL certification may be more rigorous in Vista versus previous OS's?

~Ibrahim~

mexpak
06-05-07, 10:05 AM
These drivers actual work worse for me than the last.

Keep it up Nvidia!

PaiN
06-05-07, 10:11 AM
These drivers actual work worse for me than the last.

Keep it up Nvidia!
Its ture...performance was horrible with 158.24 installed, I mean big time bad. :thumbdwn:
I found the 158.45 beta set and everything is back to flying :)

MarcusTaz
06-05-07, 12:49 PM
No Surprises here, I have an entire Nvidia platform for sale for this reason... It just boggles my mind that they have not addressed the Vertical corrution all 7900GT owners get...:thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn: :thumbdwn:

Dragunov
06-05-07, 01:33 PM
158.24 is older, so more bugs, less performance than the new one, but it only takes a longtime to get WHQL, they actually test the driver on stability, not on performance or game bugs

So normally every WHQL driver is stable, but older than Beta drivers who maybe give more performance, but also can be unstable.