PDA

View Full Version : On Test Drive Unlimmited the pauseing

john19055
06-02-07, 02:06 AM
I had this game since the day it came out but just now have installed it ,Is there a driver that plays it better then others i useing the 158.27 and I have everthing maxed except I just have FSAA at 2x and HDR on and I am just running it at 1280x960 and I get pauses or it acts likes it haveing to stop to update the screen ,it like a second or less ,mostly when you are going fast in races near other cars.It looks great but them pauses get on your nerves when your about to pass a car and then get the pause and the next thing you know you have run in to the other car.Is there any special settings to do to a game file or something.I thought a patch would be out by now ,but have not found on.

OWA
06-02-07, 02:12 AM
I had that issue pretty bad at one point but now it's much better. I'm not sure what actually improved it though. Try disabling SLI first though to see if that helps. If I remember correctly, it seemed to be worse when trying to use SLI.

miahallen
06-02-07, 02:37 AM
Known issue with all G80 GPUs...no known fixes. Been watching for a fix for months to no avail:thumbdwn: I don't think Atari cares about us. There's a huge thread on the TDU tech forums.

[EOCF] Tim
06-02-07, 03:06 AM
Yea, they new patch WILL address this, it's been specifically mentioned by Atari.

So far, everyone is getting it, runs good on my righ with 4xTMSAA, 16xAF 1280x1024, it's between 40 and 55 fps, but the stutters and micro freezes/pauses take the whole immersion out of the game. It's been way to long that there hasn't been a patch!

miahallen
06-02-07, 05:01 AM
Looks like it'll be out this month! :nana:
www.pro-g.co.uk (http://www.pro-g.co.uk/pc/test_drive_unlimited/news-5573.html)

MowTin
06-02-07, 01:28 PM
In Vista I get pauses no matter what driver I use. In XP with 160.03 it's silky smooth.

[EOCF] Tim
06-02-07, 04:11 PM
The latest Vista WHQL made the game smoother for me, I got less stutters then with the previous WHQL Vista drivers. I'm quite happy with that. (8800GTS)

Bman212121
06-02-07, 07:59 PM
It is about the only game that I reboot in XP to play. I haven't tried it since I put on the latest drivers, but I haven't seen a Vista driver yet where it wasn't horrible stuttering. Xp still stutters for me, but not as bad.