PDA

View Full Version : HL EP2 Pushed back?

Piv0187
06-02-07, 05:00 PM
Date seems to be Dec 31 now...Would suck if this comes out after UT3 & Crysis....I thought it was out Sept...http://www.ebgames.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=646931 & for some reason the PS3 version comes out before PC....

|MaguS|
06-02-07, 05:00 PM
Sept is Halo 3, I dout many games will be releasing then...

Piv0187
06-02-07, 05:03 PM
Im sure UT3 will destroy Halo 3 in terms of gameplay. So will Crysis. Im betting both UT3 & Crysis will slip till next year though. We will get to see Bioshock, QW, & hopefully HL2 EP2, TF2 before years end...

Greasy
06-02-07, 05:08 PM
Love how episodic content has allowed them to devlier games much quicker. :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
06-02-07, 05:10 PM
Im sure UT3 will destroy Halo 3 in terms of gameplay. So will Crysis. Im betting both UT3 & Crysis will slip till next year though. We will get to see Bioshock, QW, & hopefully HL2 EP2, TF2 before years end...

Gameplay means crap when it comes to Halo... It's a brand that sells well, MS could **** in the box and mark it Halo 3 and still sell it.

Greasy, Please don't start that BS. Episodic gaming is possible with a developer who is good with a time schedule... Valve never was, even with Full Retail games.

Bokishi
06-02-07, 05:16 PM
Gee that sucks

stncttr908
06-02-07, 05:16 PM
Gameplay means crap when it comes to Halo... It's a brand that sells well, MS could **** in the box and mark it Halo 3 and still sell it.

Greasy, Please don't start that BS. Episodic gaming is possible with a developer who is good with a time schedule... Valve never was, even with Full Retail games.
You're right. It's all about branding. Look how Madden sells 10,000,000 copies a year even though they hardly change the gameplay. Look how Spider-Man 3 is one of the best selling games of last month. :rolleyes:

mojoman0
06-02-07, 05:18 PM
So will HL3 come after episode III? It better...be pretty decrepit looking if it doesnt

|MaguS|
06-02-07, 05:47 PM
So will HL3 come after episode III? It better...be pretty decrepit looking if it doesnt

The Episodes are Half-Life 3.

nutcrackr
06-02-07, 06:57 PM
well if you think about it had they have done hl3 as one big chunk we souldn't have seen it till 2009 :o

Also the fact that they put it to the last day of the year could mean they are annoyed by the constant whining or it could mean it's going to be pushed to 2008.

Btw if I recall hl2 launched just days before halo 2 yes?

$n][pErMan
06-02-07, 06:59 PM
another reason not to buy episodic games and keep them on such a crappy idea. Id rather wait longer for a FULL game.

$n][pErMan
06-02-07, 07:13 PM
i dont know.......i know of alot of people that bought epi. 1 including myself
After nothing new for a while, people were itching for anything...
I got Ep 1 as well and was very disapointed in the short game play. I can't get into a game thats only 4 hours long. Waste of money and I will never buy another Ep game again.

|MaguS|
06-02-07, 07:47 PM
[pErMan']I got Ep 1 as well and was very disapointed in the short game play. I can't get into a game thats only 4 hours long. Waste of money and I will never buy another Ep game again.

Wonderful, go post in another thread. kthnxby

K007
06-02-07, 09:12 PM
i still haven't played episode 1 :/...waiting for the full thing then play it all in 1 go.

$n][pErMan
06-02-07, 09:23 PM
Wonderful, go post in another thread. kthnxby
Acctually I would rather warn people not to waste thier money again. Just like warning people about bad hardware, I like to warm people about bad software.

|MaguS|
06-02-07, 09:28 PM
[pErMan']Acctually I would rather warn people not to waste thier money again. Just like warning people about bad hardware, I like to warm people about bad software.

Good, do it eslewhere, stop derailing a simple thread about a delay into a rant about episodic gaming. If you don't like it, great go make your own post about it.

**** happens all the time when a thread about an Episode (from anygame) is brought up. I seriously hope this trend continues with certain titles, its better then waiting 4 years for a sequel to a great series.

<3 Sam & Max Season 1

Piv0187
06-02-07, 09:45 PM
Honestly, I don't care about EP2. I have yet to finish Half-Life 2. I always seem to get hooked into the multiplayer side of games & the single player never gets finished...Now I'm hooked on Supreme Commander online...My point is I'm looking forward to Team Fortress 2 only & hope it or Quake Wars can take me away from CS source & into a new FPS multiplayer game. Im guessing the delay is most likely because of TF2, they seem to be hyping it up more than portal & EP2.

$n][pErMan
06-02-07, 10:15 PM
Good, do it eslewhere, stop derailing a simple thread about a delay into a rant about episodic gaming. If you don't like it, great go make your own post about it.

**** happens all the time when a thread about an Episode (from anygame) is brought up. I seriously hope this trend continues with certain titles, its better then waiting 4 years for a sequel to a great series.

<3 Sam & Max Season 1
A sequel implies a proper game to begin with. They are not releasing ep. games because its better for the end user, they are doing it because it fills thier pockets quicker and more frequently. I don't blame them for this but its very bad for gaming. If done right I can see its point, the problem is it is NOT done right. Not to mention 4 hours worth of play time is hardly worth $20. Episodic games would be great if they were 7~8 hours worth of play and were released every 6 months or so. The problem is when the game is 4 hours long and takes a year or more to produce its a joke and the storyline is a broken POS. And this very thread only proves my point. Just read the title and you see what I am talking about...

3DBrad
06-02-07, 11:01 PM
Ahhh, Halo 3, looked like a slideshow from the Hd videos I saw. :thumbdwn: Where's the nice motion blur like Gears of War has?

Redeemed
06-02-07, 11:06 PM
[pErMan']A sequel implies a proper game to begin with. They are not releasing ep. games because its better for the end user, they are doing it because it fills thier pockets quicker and more frequently. I don't blame them for this but its very bad for gaming. If done right I can see its point, the problem is it is NOT done right. Not to mention 4 hours worth of play time is hardly worth $20. Episodic games would be great if they were 7~8 hours worth of play and were released every 6 months or so. The problem is when the game is 4 hours long and takes a year or more to produce its a joke and the storyline is a broken POS. And this very thread only proves my point. Just read the title and you see what I am talking about...

This is purely your opinion and is absolutely not a fact. I actually loved EP1. And I am actually really anticipating not just EP2 but also Portal. TF2 looks interesting though, but I never really played the original.

So, before you go crapping a thread by dumping your opinion on it incessantly- think that others might actually enjoy the game and not appreciate you derailing it cause you feel your opinion is more important than others. If you hate the game so much, create your own thread to crap on the series. But don't junk this thread.

xbob
06-02-07, 11:33 PM
[pErMan']Acctually I would rather warn people not to waste thier money again. Just like warning people about bad hardware, I like to warm people about bad software.

Cease your nonsense, EP1 was solid and good fun, EP2 promises even more.

And who takes release dates from EB seriously? They pull stuff out of thin air all the time.

WeReWoLf
06-03-07, 12:21 AM
I loved Ep1, especially the zombie pwnage scene. Looking forward to Ep2 and Portals, but i hope it doesn't get pushed back again.

WeReWoLf
06-03-07, 12:24 AM
Elevator, but overall it's all fun.

$n][pErMan
06-03-07, 01:33 AM
This is purely your opinion and is absolutely not a fact. I actually loved EP1. And I am actually really anticipating not just EP2 but also Portal. TF2 looks interesting though, but I never really played the original.

So, before you go crapping a thread by dumping your opinion on it incessantly- think that others might actually enjoy the game and not appreciate you derailing it cause you feel your opinion is more important than others. If you hate the game so much, create your own thread to crap on the series. But don't junk this thread.
Let me call you an ambulance.. I clearly hurt your feelings... :cry: :rolleyes: And saying the game rocked was clearly your opinion and not fact ;)

TF2 will kick ass though. I still have the original screens from like 8 years ago before they dumped the idea completely and went to go work on source. TF2 will totally rock. TFC was by far one of the best multiplayer experiances I have ever had.

Redeemed
06-03-07, 01:37 AM
[pErMan']Let me call you an ambulance.. I clearly hurt your feelings... :cry: :rolleyes: And saying the game rocked was clearly your opinion and not fact ;)

TF2 will kick ass though. I still have the original screens from like 8 years ago before they dumped the idea completely and went to go work on source. TF2 will totally rock. TFC was by far one of the best multiplayer experiances I have ever had.

Nah, you didn't hurt my feelings. You did come off as a bit annoying however. I also stated that it was my opinion that the game rocked, as it is merely your opinion that the game sucked. That is my point. Let's leave the thread to remain neutral towards EP2 instead of derailing it by arguing how it was better or worse. ;)

And yes, one of my favorite parts was the elevator fight- that was pretty wicked. :D