PDA

View Full Version : HD access and reboots on Vista Ultimate 64

litri
06-02-07, 09:38 PM
Hi All,

I was wondering if somebody else is having the same problem as i do, since i installed the latest nForce 590 SLI AMD drivers (dated 5 Feb. 2007) my hard disks make a strange noise at reboot, something like if they were starting to spin and then they stop, they do not recover until the POST screen is over and Vista is starting to load.

Another thing that is very annoying is that even if i'm not doing anything on the desktop the hard disk is accessing like crazy and sometimes it really slows down some other processes, even trying to reboot the pc takes ages sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thx.

kam03
06-03-07, 06:37 AM
Hi All,

I was wondering if somebody else is having the same problem as i do, since i installed the latest nForce 590 SLI AMD drivers (dated 5 Feb. 2007) my hard disks make a strange noise at reboot, something like if they were starting to spin and then they stop, they do not recover until the POST screen is over and Vista is starting to load.

Another thing that is very annoying is that even if i'm not doing anything on the desktop the hard disk is accessing like crazy and sometimes it really slows down some other processes, even trying to reboot the pc takes ages sometimes.

Any ideas?

Thx.

The strange noise your getting maybe the feature that turns off the hdd when its idle, so when you restart the pc it has to turn back on thus making that noise. Then again it happened after you installed the drivers, when happens if you uninstall it; problem fixed?

The constant disk access noise is caused by the superfetch feature. To make the hdd access a little less turn off vista defender.

Blacklash
06-03-07, 07:50 AM
Vista x64 also loads your drivers|programs in a random or different order each time you boot as part of its new security.

Crisao23
06-03-07, 10:09 AM
Please install these drivers:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/9-vt69813.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=80

Install it manually using device manager.