PDA

View Full Version : So I got a PS3...

nrdstrm
06-03-07, 05:31 AM
Well, I took the plunge...What games should I get...I bought 2...

Fight Night
NBA Street

I mostly like sports games on consoles, thus the above choices. I'd like to get a few more games though...Suggestions? I really will only play Sports, FPS, and Platformers on consoles....

Thanks!

Lfctony
06-03-07, 05:33 AM
Resistance, Cod3, Tekken DR from the PS store.

1337_Like_ThaT
06-03-07, 05:36 AM
MotorStorm, I can consider that semi-sport game since it involves offroad racing, just with an extreme twist to it :)

Congrats BTW too, hope you enjoy

nrdstrm
06-03-07, 05:39 AM
MotorStorm, I can consider that semi-sport game since it involves offroad racing, just with an extreme twist to it :)

Congrats BTW too, hope you enjoy

It's pretty good then? What type of a racing game is it (I like those too, just forgot to mention)...

1337_Like_ThaT
06-03-07, 05:45 AM
It's pretty good then? What type of a racing game is it (I like those too, just forgot to mention)...

Ya I enjoy it alot, its been the highest rated sport game (racing genre) of all PS3 games so far. Pretty much outdoor racing events with various vehicles like quads, motorbikes, motorcycles, big rigs, and more with awesome graphics and good, smooth gameplay. It can just get pretty tough and fustrating toward some of the big races, pissing you off sometimes when you lose lol

Serath
06-03-07, 06:02 AM
Motorstorm is a definate buy as far as i'm concerned. So far all I play on my PS3 is that, and MKII. Definately recommend.

Lfctony
06-03-07, 06:23 AM
And in other news, the 360 May update just bricked my 360... Just stick to your PS3 mate. I can't believe this ****.

NaitoSan
06-03-07, 07:33 AM
yeah motorstorm is only game i got when i got ps3. and resistance too. don't get cod3. x360 version is better but i didnt really like it (i thought cod2 is better).

yeah motorstorm. :) and maybe a couple of blu-ray movies.

Marvel_us
06-03-07, 08:52 AM
Congrats on the purchase. I recommend getting Resistance. The single player and multiplayer will keep you busy for a while.

|MaguS|
06-03-07, 09:04 AM
F1 Championship is a great game aswell.

OWA
06-03-07, 01:32 PM
Congrats. Be sure to add your PSN id to the id thread: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83269 so we can add you to our list.

The sports genre is my favorite so I have most of the sports games. Outside of sports though, I really like Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, and F1 Racing. If you like arcade racers, Ridge Racer 7 is pretty good. There are demos for some of these so you should be able to try them out before buying just to make sure you really want them.

Bman212121
06-03-07, 06:48 PM
Congrats. Be sure to add your PSN id to the id thread: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=83269 so we can add you to our list.

The sports genre is my favorite so I have most of the sports games. Outside of sports though, I really like Motorstorm, Virtua Fighter 5, and F1 Racing. If you like arcade racers, Ridge Racer 7 is pretty good. There are demos for some of these so you should be able to try them out before buying just to make sure you really want them.

+1

I would dl some of the demos first since most of the games have demos so you can try em out first. I would also get GT:HD from the PS store since its free. :)

nrdstrm
06-03-07, 07:23 PM
+1

I would dl some of the demos first since most of the games have demos so you can try em out first. I would also get GT:HD from the PS store since its free. :)

Yeah...I had planned on doing that, but I was waiting until I ran an ethernet cable to the PS3...Then I realized it has built in WIFI...ROFL...I'm gonna mess with it tonight...Thanks for all the suggestions guys...

NaitoSan
06-03-07, 07:31 PM
Yeah...I had planned on doing that, but I was waiting until I ran an ethernet cable to the PS3...Then I realized it has built in WIFI...ROFL...I'm gonna mess with it tonight...Thanks for all the suggestions guys...
n00b :D Enjoy your PS3. :) Also be sure to download Folks Soul from Japanese PSN. It's so awesome. (if you like RPG)

weeds
06-03-07, 07:43 PM
And in other news, the 360 May update just bricked my 360... Just stick to your PS3 mate. I can't believe this ****.

Same here.:mad:

thor1182
06-04-07, 12:23 AM
man... thats some luck. No probs for me.

Sazar
06-04-07, 12:27 AM
Well, I took the plunge...What games should I get...I bought 2...

Fight Night
NBA Street

I mostly like sports games on consoles, thus the above choices. I'd like to get a few more games though...Suggestions? I really will only play Sports, FPS, and Platformers on consoles....

Thanks!

Don't forget to fold :cool:

Amuro
06-04-07, 12:41 AM
Anyone planning on getting Ninja Gaiden Sigma? It's coming out here in 10 days.

Marvel_us
06-04-07, 09:16 AM

Ah! I almost forgot about that one. Probably because I'm broke but I'll definitely have to pick that one up.

DiscipleDOC
06-04-07, 09:16 AM
Get Madden '07 so I can initiate you into the hall of losers! :D

Yea....I'm getting it, and I'm looking foward to it as well...

|MaguS|
06-04-07, 09:24 AM
Yeah, Getting Ninja Gaiden aswell... even though I disliked it on the Xbox...

nrdstrm
06-05-07, 01:29 AM
Why does it take so long to download from SONY?!?!? Is it the wireless? If so, I'll run ethernet...It is going WAY slower than my connection allows (15 down)...

Amuro
06-05-07, 01:38 AM
wired won't help. I tried it before. same slowness.

OWA
06-05-07, 06:31 AM
Hmm, there seems to be a pretty big difference for me between using wired and wireless (with wired being quite a bit faster). I guess it could have been the network load at the time that caused the difference but I still think it might be worth trying just to make sure.