PDA

View Full Version : 43.45 and full screen TV out.

lalittle
03-29-03, 12:06 AM
I've read some posts in other forums reporting problems with getting full screen TV out to work with the 43.45 drivers. Some reported problems specific to 800 x 600 resolution, while others said they could no longer get it to work at all -- that instead of switching to full screen at the appropriate times, the TV would remain in clone mode and a black area would appear where the video should be. Some people reverted back to earlier drivers and everything worked again.

Has anybody here noticed this? Is there anyone using the 43.45 drivers with a TV in clone mode that DOES switch to full screen when using an app that is designed to do this?

Thanks,

Larry

Nutty
03-29-03, 04:38 AM
I'll check this out when I get home.

A problem I have had on previous drivers, is I cant get my svideo out signal to use up the fullscreen on my TV. Perhaps its cos the telly is crap.. I dunno.. I'm sure it used to work fine on my sony wega.

anywho, I'll have a try later.

lalittle
03-29-03, 05:06 AM
A problem I have had on previous drivers, is I cant get my svideo out signal to use up the fullscreen on my TV. Perhaps its cos the telly is crap.. I dunno.. I'm sure it used to work fine on my sony wega.

Did you make sure to set the "Screen Adjustment" control for full screen? This is one of the sub menus found throught the "nview" options page. You slide the control to one side and you get full screen instead of underscan. I believe this is only available on the resolutions OTHER than 720x480 -- at least that was the case with the 41.09 drivers on my system. When I chose 800x600 or 1024x768 I had this option.

Let me know about whether or not the new drivers work properly as far as automatically switching the TV to full screen mode when necessary.

Thanks,

Larry

Nutty
03-29-03, 06:31 AM
Hmm.. I saw a screen size slider.. As soon as I try and move it from base position, the whole display on the TV just gets completely messed up. I'll have a play round with resolutions.. I think I was using 800x600 at the time.

Nutty
03-29-03, 03:46 PM
Aha! managed to get a much better picture and totally fullscreen.

I was previously using S-video connection, but I changed the options to use composite, and the image became much sharper, and less fuzzy.. Everything used to bleed loads before too.. Looks rock-solid now.

I moved the screen size slider along, and the picture works fine now. And totally to the edge of the TV screen. (Actually has a bit of overscan, about a centimetre of monitor is lost on the edge of the tv.) Picture quality is good with flicker filter right up now too.

I'm using clone mode at 1024x768 on both monitor and TV. To stop any panning.

P.S. 740x480 and 800x600 modes dont work. Only 640x480 and 1024x768. But its still way better than I managed to achieve before.

Gonna put the driver into extended desktop mode next, so I can run the two displays seperately. Will report back later on how that goes.

lalittle
03-29-03, 04:53 PM
So I take it that it the drivers do properly control the TV overlay -- i.e. that they switch it to full screen when an app requires it (this was the original question)?

Thanks,

Larry

Flecko
03-30-03, 12:28 AM
I can't get TV out working at all. Whenever it attempts to change to using the TV and the monitor, it just reverts back to the monitor. The TV never even blinks on.

I've never used TV out on any drivers other than these ones, so maybe I'll have to try a different version.

Anyone have any tips or suggestions?
-Flecko

ragejg
03-30-03, 12:50 AM
I got tv out to work properly.. just finished watching "stealing harvard" with it... but like the last 2 sets o dets, whe the pc is shut down, it restarts with the tv being the primary monitor, and the actual monitor itself is shut off... 28.32, 30.82, and 41.09 never gave me this problem... 42.86 and these new ones seem to have a full screen tv-out issue...

There are gamers who use tv-out A LOT, and we'd all like to see a little more STABILITY and QUALITY IMPROVEMENT in this area...

So far, I'm happy with my new driver set, but heck, I JUST got em and have only utilized 2d desktop and DVD software (PowerDVD XP 4.0)... I'll report more after usage of BF1942, Unreal 2 and NOLF2 demo...

:D:Dmake tv-out better...make tv-out better...make tv-out better...make tv-out better...make tv-out better...:D:D

:)

Flecko
03-30-03, 03:10 AM
Correction, I got TV out working...just had to uninstall, wipe, and then reinstall the drivers.

TV out works great, no problems so far.
-Flecko

lalittle
03-30-03, 05:34 PM
Several posts I've seen lately (in other newsgroups/forums) have mentioned the inablity to get overscan working on the TV at 800 x 600. Are the people here who DID get everything to work noticing this as well? The workaround seems to be to simply use one of the other resolutions, but I'm still curious if this issue is universal -- i.e. if NOBODY can get overscan to work at 800 x 600 with these drivers.

Thanks,

Larry

mangriotis
04-03-03, 02:51 PM
I am currently using my DVI output to a JVC AV48WP30... a 16:9 widescreen TV. I can get stable 480 resolutions but can't seem to get anything better and get a lot of overscan.

I am also having some color correction issues. Is anyone else using this configuration? I use it mainly to display overlays fullscreen (which works great), shows that I record using Sage TV and mpg movies...