PDA

View Full Version : So, how Id is working on Doom 3 right now ?

Mod
03-29-03, 05:29 AM
So, how Id is working on Doom 3 right now ? Enhancing the graphics, making a better story, monsters ...

Clockwork
03-29-03, 06:56 AM
Tweaking performance/engine efficiency. Probably also polishing up some of the graphics...

digitalwanderer
03-29-03, 07:53 AM
...testing, testing, TESTING!

Making sure it works across all platforms & configurations is a REAL bicht!

I have a feeling they're just working out compatibility issues and tweaking performance at this stage of the game, along with touching up/last minute changes to some art/content. :)

Matthyahuw
03-29-03, 01:12 PM
levels are still made up until the last min as well...

digitalwanderer
03-29-03, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
levels are still made up until the last min as well...

"made" or "tweaked"? Don't they at least have the levels all roughed out by this stage in the game? (I'm not arguing, I'm really curious. I have no clue about it, but it just don't seem logical... :confused: )

Matthyahuw
03-30-03, 03:41 AM
well both really...levels are made up until the last min, so are textures, AI, and almost everything...

Believe me, the game's not coming out til holiday 2003, they are no where near done tweaking and building...they don't do last min touches till the last 2-4 weeks...like what you're talking about...

In UT2003 the extra map packs that came out for free were unfinished maps that they were working on at the last min but said **** it, cuz they wanted it out @ holiday 2002, so they just released em later...