PDA

View Full Version : Ok, i decided. I want a Wii

Pages : [1] 2

Tygerwoody
06-04-07, 08:02 PM
I called every bloody store within a 30 mile radius and NONE of them had one in stock. Is there some special way at getting one of these suckers? I saw this site. http://www.refreshthing.com/index.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.refreshthing.com%2F wii%2F&timeout=30

Not sure if it works good or not...

six_storm
06-04-07, 09:39 PM
And you had to make another thread about it? :D Congrats!

nrdstrm
06-05-07, 12:27 AM
Depends on the gamestop, but some of them will let you know when they are "Supposed" to get some...The one I bought my PS3 from the other day said "Monday or Tuesday"...They didn't get any today, so I'll be "hanging out there" tomorrow (they get shipments around Noon I guess)...

Good choice on the Wii...I got to play Wii sports at my buddy's house a few times...I think I'll get more use out of my PS3, and break out the Wii when friends/family are over for some lighthearted fun :)

nekrosoft13
06-05-07, 06:32 AM
i went wii hunting last saturday, tried about 15 stores. not a single one had any wii. talked to few few people at the stores, they basically told me as soon as wii arrive at the store within hours they are all gone.

btw.. every store i visited was ps3 all over the place, people generally don't pay any attention to it

Tygerwoody
06-05-07, 06:40 AM
screw this searching thing. I just went on craigslist.com last night and called a guy selling a new one for $300. Considering a brand new one is $268 after tax, I'd say me paying an extra $32 to get it ASAP is well worth it.

I'm picking up my Wii today. It includes receipt and all. Its from a guy who says he was buying one for his kids and bought an extra one to sell at a small profit. Sounds good enough to me whether its true or not. :D

Tr1cK
06-05-07, 07:41 AM
I think you made a good choice. I want one, just cant find time to play what I have already.

nemecb
06-05-07, 09:00 AM
In before the inevitable Kev rant.:D

Tygerwoody
06-05-07, 09:09 AM
So what games are good for me to buy? I'm guessing a component cable is almost mandatory if I want decent image quality right? Anything else I should know about getting this Wii?

Wow, I haven't owned a console in 7-8 years. This is going to be strange. :)

Tr1cK
06-05-07, 09:27 AM
Two games I would buy it for: Metal Slug Anthology & Bust-A-Move Bash!

zoomy942
06-05-07, 09:38 AM
So what games are good for me to buy? I'm guessing a component cable is almost mandatory if I want decent image quality right? Anything else I should know about getting this Wii?

Wow, I haven't owned a console in 7-8 years. This is going to be strange. :)

for decent games, check my sig. excitetruck is the only one i dont have thats a pretty good time. it all depends on the type of game you are looking for. ask away and I'll help you out. since Zelda_fan left, im kind of the Nintendo guy around here.

yes, component cables are a must. its makes a WORLD of difference. dont even bother playing till you get those:)

nemecb
06-05-07, 10:02 AM
for decent games, check my sig. excitetruck is the only one i dont have thats a pretty good time. it all depends on the type of game you are looking for. ask away and I'll help you out. since Zelda_fan left, im kind of the Nintendo guy around here.

yes, component cables are a must. its makes a WORLD of difference. dont even bother playing till you get those:)
You still don't have Excite Truck??? My family won't play anything else when they come over anymore. You should definitely get it, especially since you can probably find it for <$50 these days. It's probably my favorite game for the Wii so far.(nana2)

zoomy942
06-05-07, 10:20 AM
You still don't have Excite Truck??? My family won't play anything else when they come over anymore. You should definitely get it, especially since you can probably find it for <$50 these days. It's probably my favorite game for the Wii so far.(nana2)

i know i know.. i'm an embarrasment to the nintendo community:)

superklye
06-05-07, 11:16 AM
yeah, it is 6 months after launch, you can find a PS3, big surprise. 360s are everywhere also, imagine that! And personally, I think the whole Wii shortage is blown out of proportion...I'm seriously going to go out today and post some ****ing pics of all the Wiis I can find locally. I'm sick of hearing everyone complain they can't find them, but that "PS3s are all over the place!" as if it was actually a bad thing for a console to be in stock :rolleyes:
No, it's not a bad thing that consoles are in stock.

It's hilarious because Sony made the PS3 out to be a bigger deal than the Second Coming and yet, it's not selling.

nemecb
06-05-07, 11:20 AM
yeah, it is 6 months after launch, you can find a PS3, big surprise. 360s are everywhere also, imagine that! And personally, I think the whole Wii shortage is blown out of proportion...I'm seriously going to go out today and post some ****ing pics of all the Wiis I can find locally. I'm sick of hearing everyone complain they can't find them, but that "PS3s are all over the place!" as if it was actually a bad thing for a console to be in stock :rolleyes:
Umm, okay? The fact that wherever you live happens to have a bunch of Wiis means that no one else could possibly be having trouble finding one? And the PS3 being on shelves because it's not selling is a good thing? If you're going to effectively threadcrap you're going to have to try harder than that.:p

evilchris
06-05-07, 12:16 PM
Wii's are still very hard to find in San Diego. The only time I have ever seen one was when I bought one!

tornadog
06-05-07, 12:19 PM
Wii's are still very hard to find in San Diego. The only time I have ever seen one was when I bought one!

is that what u r stirring in ur avatar???

Lyme
06-05-07, 12:19 PM
The Wii has been sold out here for months, thankfully I have contacts. I've bought three wii's so far, five additional wii-motes and nunchuks.. Sold the extras to friends at cost.

The best way to get your hands on a Wii is to head to the local stores and find out their delivery schedule, most stores are getting them in every two weeks. Once you know when they are coming in, you can make sure your there at store opening, checking store fliers also helps.

nemecb
06-05-07, 12:33 PM
checking store fliers also helps.
That's how I got mine. I stayed up Saturday night until the fliers were posted on different stores' websites and then got up early the next morning to get in line at the ones listing Wiis (since if it's listed in their flier they guarantee some availability). Fortunately (I guess) it was really cold that morning so even though I slept through my alarm, not many people wanted to wait and I got there early enough to get one.:)

Only problem was my fingers were so cold when I got inside I could hardly sign the credit card receipt. Next time I bring gloves when I'm standing outside for hours in Minnesota in December.(mikec)

tornadog
06-05-07, 01:10 PM
i found it a better way. I got an alert from the deals site that amazon had it in stock in jan 07. 2 clicks and done, the wii was mine for 249 + 3.99 next day shipping.

zoomy942
06-05-07, 01:49 PM
my way of getting a Wii FTW...

sleep on the Target sidewalk overnight in 25 degree weather on launch day.

I win:)

nemecb
06-05-07, 02:39 PM
Heh, I couldn't go on launch day because I still wasn't sure I wanted one. Then I got to play one at work and the rest is history.:)

nrdstrm
06-05-07, 03:05 PM
Damn...The Gamestop was wrong and they arn't getting any until Friday. I'll be out of town friday...GRRR...Maybe I'll find one in South Orange County :( (Yeah Right)....Oh well...

zoomy942
06-05-07, 05:56 PM
Heh, I couldn't go on launch day because I still wasn't sure I wanted one. Then I got to play one at work and the rest is history.:)

i am happy everytime I go home and look at the Wii that i slept in the cold overnight.

best $250 i have EVAR spent.

Tygerwoody
06-05-07, 09:16 PM
Bought my Wii today! $300 even.

I actually didn't play it that much. I'm going to get that fishing game tomorrow, hopefully that should be fun. :D

buffbiff21
06-05-07, 09:33 PM
My cousin has two.