PDA

View Full Version : Did I get a good monitor for gaming ?

takovr
06-05-07, 07:17 PM
I bought this monitor the other day to replace my Benq 19 inch, I play alot of games so far I like it but it is very bright. I figure I would ask the experts in here what they think of it.

http://www.proview.net/Product/Product_Spec.aspx?sn=457&pi=2011&ii=2774

Cujo91
06-06-07, 01:23 AM
No idea but that girl is cute...:)

KasuCode
06-06-07, 03:52 AM
They make her head seem too big for her body in that picture.

takovr
06-06-07, 05:15 AM
The girl in the picture is my sister, I haven't seen her in years....

Woodelf
06-06-07, 05:51 AM
There's a monitor in that picture?,.....oh there it is.
My bad.

Kayden
06-06-07, 06:13 AM
The girl in the picture is my sister, I haven't seen her in years....

Was she that anorexic before she lost contact with you?

I bought this monitor the other day to replace my Benq 19 inch, I play alot of games so far I like it but it is very bright. I figure I would ask the experts in here what they think of it.

Yes, thats a good entry level monitor, only issues I could see is that it doesn't say if it has active matrix or not and it has 700:1 contrast ratio. Though for the price I wouldn't complain, I half expected it to be 500:1.

Stoneyguy
06-06-07, 06:15 AM

http://www.proview.net/Product/Product_Spec.aspx?sn=457&pi=2011&ii=2774

If you bought the monitor, why are you asking if it's good for gaming? You should know first hand and post your opinions so people who havn't bought one yet will know.

By the way your "sister" isn't all that, but I'd still probably :captnkill: it.

takovr
06-06-07, 06:48 AM
The reason I asked was because I have never played any games on a widescreen monitor, I was playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. last night on it, the game
was a little dark but graphics looked good that is with a 8800gts video card.

Sazar
06-06-07, 07:38 AM
You can always adjust brightness/contrast ratios from panel menu's as well as your video card settings.

Stoneyguy
06-06-07, 07:48 AM
You can always adjust brightness/contrast ratios from panel menu's as well as your video card settings.

If it's just the game that's dark, it's usually best to just adjust the gamma setting within the game to lighten things up. Otherwise when you go back to the desktop it will be brighter as well and you'll have to turn it back down.