PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice, Battlefield 2 Complete collection or Battlefield 2142?

Pages : [1] 2

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 05:50 AM
I need a new multiplayer FPS, Iīm bored of playing MMORPGs, so which of this 2 will be more fun?, do you now a better multiplayer FPS than this 2?
Are they fully compatible with Windows Vista?... Please help me

Stoneyguy
06-06-07, 06:21 AM
Both BF 2 and BF 2142 are compatible with Vista.
I like BF 2142 better because of the setting. I'm a future/mecha loving fool. Other then that though, there really isn't much of a difference.

Shadowrun has recently been released. It's being called Counterstrike in a techno/fantasy setting. I've ordered it and waiting on delivery so I can't give a first hand impression. Also Quake Wars is supposed to be out soon and it's going to be another must have for me.

Hope that helps.

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 08:57 AM
Both BF 2 and BF 2142 are compatible with Vista.
I like BF 2142 better because of the setting. I'm a future/mecha loving fool. Other then that though, there really isn't much of a difference.

Shadowrun has recently been released. It's being called Counterstrike in a techno/fantasy setting. I've ordered it and waiting on delivery so I can't give a first hand impression. Also Quake Wars is supposed to be out soon and it's going to be another must have for me.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Quake wars is a must have for me too, sincerely I prefer more the futuristic/Mecha thingie, Shadowrun is a mixture of tech/magic or something like that no? is DX10?

Madpistol
06-06-07, 09:09 AM
I like BF2142 better as well. It's a shame that there are only 1/10 the servers as BF2. :(

nekrosoft13
06-06-07, 09:29 AM
i preffer BF2, modern warfare FTW

i will get my future fix with quake wars

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 09:39 AM
i preffer BF2, modern warfare FTW

i will get my future fix with quake wars

But I have a prob, both games cost the same, but BF2 has all the expansions and BF2142 is only one game, no expansions :( , donīt know what to do

nekrosoft13
06-06-07, 09:43 AM
lets put it this way

you will get more gameplay plus more servers with BF2

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 01:14 PM
lets put it this way

you will get more gameplay plus more servers with BF2

Thatīs true I see in xfire page that BF2 is in the fourth position of the most played games, and I will get all the updates released for the game with BF2 Complete Collection.

J-Mag
06-06-07, 01:22 PM
BF2142 has significantly less air rapage, plus its got more game play types.

The number of servers is really irrelevant because there are always plenty servers for each.

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 01:28 PM
BF2142 has significantly less air rapage, plus its got more game play types.

The number of servers is really irrelevant because there are always plenty servers for each.

Thanks, your post makes my decision more difficult :p

J-Mag
06-06-07, 01:35 PM
Thanks, your post makes my decision more difficult :p

That's what I am here for ;)

I would go with BF2 if you like flying, but if you prefer ground vehicles BF2142 is better because it's got Walkers and Tanks . Both games are on equal footing when it comes tight city maps that are primarily infantry based.

Wolfhound
06-06-07, 02:16 PM
That's what I am here for ;)

I would go with BF2 if you like flying, but if you prefer ground vehicles BF2142 is better because it's got Walkers and Tanks . Both games are on equal footing when it comes tight city maps that are primarily infantry based.

I donīt like flying, it makes me sick :) in BF1942 I was very bad with combat aeroplanes.

J-Mag
06-06-07, 02:27 PM
I donīt like flying, it makes me sick :) in BF1942 I was very bad with combat aeroplanes.

I tend to suck with the aircraft too, it's almost as if you need a joystick.

However, flying the helicopters (and the hover jets of BF2142 as they feel more like fast helicopters than jets) is much easier with the keyboard, IMO.

Madpistol
06-06-07, 03:26 PM
My experience has been that BF2 feels more "real" in terms of combat. The guns recoil realistically, combat is very tactical, and each gun serves its purpose very well. BF2142 feels artificial, which is ok because it's in the future. The guns aim incredibly well and fire very quickly on automatics. The machine guns on bf2142 are interesting. The longer you fire with them, the more accurate they get. Also, the sniper rifles seem more accurate. I really love all the gadgetry as well, with the automated gun being my favorite.

Things seem very balanced for both games. BF2142 is more about control, where as BF2 is all about believable combat.

Take your pick. ;)

breathemetal
06-06-07, 03:32 PM
I've owned and played all the BF's

I like 2142 the best. :D

XFX Support
06-06-07, 04:50 PM
I went out and got both BF2 the full set and BF2142. BF2 is a fun game but gets played very little as I am still addicted to BF2142.

Amuro
06-06-07, 09:25 PM
I don't like BF2 because the vehicles are so laughably unrealistic, especially the choppers and aircrafts that show absolutely no realism to the flight physics of their real world counterparts.

MowTin
06-07-07, 12:32 AM
I prefer BF2142. Since installing it I never went back. I do miss the "realism" of BF2 sometimes.

Reasons:

#1 I hate the Jets in BF2. They're like gods that strike you down at will just for laughs.

Hmm...knifing in BF2142 is pretty fun.

It all depends on whether you like future gadgets or real-life weapons.

XxDeadlyxX
06-07-07, 12:35 AM
I like both about equally.

Blade
06-07-07, 01:17 AM
:headexplode: I don't like BF2 because the vehicles are so laughably unrealistic, especially the choppers and aircrafts that show absolutely no realism to the flight physics of their real world counterparts.

I disagree, with a good joystick setup the choppers are fun to fly & very responsive, the flight dynamics work closely to their real world conterparts.

Sure it's not a sim but they handle waaaay better than those pos choppers in Arma.

I've been flying real sims for many years & very much enjoy flying in BF2.

Wolfhound
06-07-07, 03:53 AM
Iīll get battlefield 2142, I love mechas :tongue2: , Thanks to all for your help

Logical
06-07-07, 04:00 AM
I don't like BF2 because the vehicles are so laughably unrealistic, especially the choppers and aircrafts that show absolutely no realism to the flight physics of their real world counterparts.

Compared to the ultra realistic vehicles in 2142? rofl

Amuro
06-07-07, 04:10 AM
:headexplode:

I disagree, with a good joystick setup the choppers are fun to fly & very responsive, the flight dynamics work closely to their real world conterparts.

Sure it's not a sim but they handle waaaay better than those pos choppers in Arma.

I've been flying real sims for many years & very much enjoy flying in BF2.
Closely to real world counterparts? LAMO... Choppers are just way too easy to control with either keyboard+mouse or joystick. DC, and even BFV, had better flight dynamics. And jets are even more laughabe in that they look modern but feel just like the propeller planes in BF1942, except faster. I mean since missiles are so easy to shake, you will have to dogfight with guns most of the time, but who the hell still dogfights like that in modern air combat? You would be running out of bullets in just seconds. And what's witht the lack of a LCOS system? Oh and those jets turn faster and tighter the faster you go, LOL.

BTW, and you're right that Arma vechicles are terrible. I know that by reading the reveiws.

Amuro
06-07-07, 04:11 AM
Compared to the ultra realistic vehicles in 2142? rofl
At least 2142 is sci-fi where realism doesn't matter taht much.

Logical
06-07-07, 06:11 AM
At least 2142 is sci-fi where realism doesn't matter taht much.

Exactly the reason i dont like it....if you want to fly planes realistically then go and play flight simulator x, if you want to enjoy an atmospheric fps that is a hell of a lot of fun and pretty much true to life then play bf2.

I have both 2142 and BF2 with all expansions and can say to this day that i play bf2 a lot more than i play 2142....no point in arguing my oppinion as it is just that, you cant make me want to play bf2142 if i aint keen on it.

(nana2) (nana2) (nana2) :captnkill: :captnkill: :captnkill: (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (lee63) (nana2) (nana2) (nana2)