PDA

View Full Version : No Final Fantasy for Xbox360

Pages : [1] 2

Marvel_us
06-06-07, 09:48 AM
Noting that the PS3 is getting Final Fantasy XIII, the website asked Square Enix's Shinji Hashimoto if the Wii or Xbox 360 will also be getting games in the series. "For the Wii, we have FF Crystal Chronicles in production," replied Hashimoto. "As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/794/794164p1.html

six_storm
06-06-07, 10:15 AM
What? So it's a PS3 exclusive . . . again? Oh well, the series has gone downhill since FF7 anyhow.

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 10:16 AM
What? So it's a PS3 exclusive . . . again? Oh well, the series has gone downhill since FF7 anyhow.

I found FFIX, FFX and FXII to be far better then FFVII.

Moo
06-06-07, 10:18 AM
Eternal Sonata + Blue Dragon :nanahump:

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 10:20 AM
Eternal Sonata :nanahump:

Which is also coming to PS3! :nanahump:

Moo
06-06-07, 10:22 AM
Which is also coming to PS3! :nanahump:

Blue Dragon, which is also not coming to PS3! :nanahump:

Lyme
06-06-07, 10:52 AM
"As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

That is neither a yes nor a no, it is a "we haven't decided".

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 10:55 AM
Blue Dragon, which is also not coming to PS3! :nanahump:

Not interested in Blue Dragon... rather go back and play Chrono Trigger.

Moo
06-06-07, 12:27 PM
"As for FF on the Xbox 360, it's currently a completely blank page."

That is neither a yes nor a no, it is a "we haven't decided".

...and you can bet that OP wouldn't start a similar thread if FF were to show up on xbox. :rolleyes:

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 12:41 PM
I actually liked 8 better than 7 as well, though I think I enjoyed 7 better than 9.
FFVIII had a great story but the gameplay was such ****. Worse battle system I have ever seen on an RPG.

ASUSEN7900GTX
06-06-07, 12:53 PM
well iīve played FF 7,8,9,10,10.2 as for 12 i havenīt played it yet.

but as much as i wanna play FF 13 i wonīt buy a freaking mega expensive console for one game then i rather not play 13 and for ratchet well itīs a fun game but when Spyro makes a genuine next gen comeback i migh consider as spyro came on the PS1 and i played them all even the less good PS2 versions of it.

well well Sony isnīt what it was for me Sonyīs big console era end with the PS2 until then they were king.

Now well they are just another console making company i still think the 360 outs PS3 as there were such a fuzz getting it out and when it came well europe had to wait once again and thus i am a happy 360 owner PS3... well see ya

Lyme
06-06-07, 01:32 PM
I expect that the possibility of FF on the 360 will be determined by how the new ip from square does on the 360. I can see square being shy of the 360 after releasing FF online which both sucked and has not done well, and the low sales in the Japanize market which is the major market for square.

Toss3
06-06-07, 02:05 PM
well iīve played FF 7,8,9,10,10.2 as for 12 i havenīt played it yet.

but as much as i wanna play FF 13 i wonīt buy a freaking mega expensive console for one game then i rather not play 13 and for ratchet well itīs a fun game but when Spyro makes a genuine next gen comeback i migh consider as spyro came on the PS1 and i played them all even the less good PS2 versions of it.

well well Sony isnīt what it was for me Sonyīs big console era end with the PS2 until then they were king.

Now well they are just another console making company i still think the 360 outs PS3 as there were such a fuzz getting it out and when it came well europe had to wait once again and thus i am a happy 360 owner PS3... well see ya
I would get any console, even if it cost 1000€, just to get to play FF XIII! :) FFVII wasn't even that great, but it was the first FF game for many, and thus people think it was amazing. FF VI is still one of the best ones imho, with FF X/XII coming in close.

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 02:16 PM
I would get any console, even if it cost 1000€, just to get to play FF XIII! :) FFVII wasn't even that great, but it was the first FF game for many, and thus people think it was amazing. FF VI is still one of the best ones imho, with FF X/XII coming in close.

So agree.

evilchris
06-06-07, 02:20 PM
Oh darn.

Not. I've never cared about this franchise. Total cheeseball.

Tygerwoody
06-06-07, 02:24 PM
oh no! Does this mean that the PS3 FINALLY has ONE exclusive! :eek:

Wait.... Metal Gear Solid is an Exclusive too! Thats TWO exclusives! :eek:

wait a second... One :(

Marvel_us
06-06-07, 02:26 PM
...and you can bet that OP wouldn't start a similar thread if FF were to show up on xbox. :rolleyes:

Lol, right...because we all know how much I love being a raging PS3 fanboy. I posted something that's on almost every gaming forum on the net.

You were the one that was quick to jump in and throw Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata out there.

Moo
06-06-07, 03:14 PM
Lol, right...because we all know how much I love being a raging PS3 fanboy. I posted something that's on almost every gaming forum on the net.

You were the one that was quick to jump in and throw Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata out there.

Well, WOULD you? :rolleyes:

SeriTonin
06-06-07, 04:16 PM

I agree ff7 was the pinnacle of the series..(and i've played 1 back on nes all the way to 12 on ps2)

Seems like a dumb fiancial move to me, I mean, why make a game a system exclusive on the same system that has the least user base? That's pretty much denying yourself more money, but hey..if square want's to keep their continued dissapointments on Sony's machines, by all means.

|MaguS|
06-06-07, 04:30 PM
I agree ff7 was the pinnacle of the series..(and i've played 1 back on nes all the way to 12 on ps2)

Seems like a dumb fiancial move to me, I mean, why make a game a system exclusive on the same system that has the least user base? That's pretty much denying yourself more money, but hey..if square want's to keep their continued dissapointments on Sony's machines, by all means.

I bet their sales will improve with its release, I see a nice jump in sales for Sony in the future. In Japan the PS3 has 4 of the top 5 most wanted titles.

kevJ420
06-06-07, 04:50 PM
He has good reasons to not release on the x360, b/c the PS3 will have a much higher installed base by the time ff 13 (i wish final fight had 12 sequels.)and i think it's a storage issue partially too, b/c it's one of the 1st rpgs for it's generation.

Marvel_us
06-06-07, 04:58 PM
Well, WOULD you? :rolleyes:

Sure I would but I guarantee you that it would've been posted way before I got a chance to do it.

Don't be quick to assume someone is a fanboy because of the system that they own.

Lyme
06-06-07, 10:25 PM
He has good reasons to not release on the x360, b/c the PS3 will have a much higher installed base by the time ff 13.

Lay off the pixie dust, the ps3 still has a long way to go to catch the 360.

buffbiff21
06-06-07, 11:04 PM
How in the world has the series gone downhill? Though Viii sucked, I thought IX and X were amongst the greatest games of all time. XI was online so I skipped it. X-2 was.. no comment. XII was great.

FFVIII had a great story but the gameplay was such ****. Worse battle system I have ever seen on an RPG.
Totally agree, but hey - I even thought the story was **** :D Junctions and magic "draw" FTL :thumbdwn: Squall was such a pussy. Music was decent, and the side story with Laguna was cool, but I though the central villain gargled balls.

I would get any console, even if it cost 1000€, just to get to play FF XIII! :)
If it is as revolutionary as IV, VII, and X, I would :D

Oh darn.

Not. I've never cared about this franchise. Total cheeseball.
Loser. You're missing out.

Someone who loves the classical arrangements of Yngwie J Malmsteen would love the arrangements of Nobuo Uematsu ;) At least try the older ones first. They are PACKED with awesome music.

kevJ420
06-06-07, 11:41 PM
How in the world has the series gone downhill? Though Viii sucked, I thought IX and X were amongst the greatest games of all time. XI was online so I skipped it. X-2 was.. no comment. XII was great.

Totally agree, but hey - I even thought the story was **** :D Junctions and magic "draw" FTL :thumbdwn: Squall was such a pussy. Music was decent, and the side story with Laguna was cool, but I though the central villain gargled balls.

If it is as revolutionary as IV, VII, and X, I would :D

Loser. You're missing out.

Someone who loves the classical arrangements of Yngwie J Malmsteen would love the arrangements of Nobuo Uematsu ;) At least try the older ones first. They are PACKED with awesome music.

doesn't chrono trigger actually have better music?

i tried it a long ass time ago, but I just don't like the turn-based combat. The music almost kept me playing. Almost.

it's my friend's favorite game ever.